A10 Tourney Final Seedings

HoosierPal

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Might as well put this here, Ryan Daly said he is going pro and not returning to St. Joe's.

In that case, hope we play the Joeys twice next year.

1 hour ago, mrjoelabs said:

Hoping that Lasalle dispatches St. Joes early so they are out, as they seem dangerous.   Beating UMass again then the bonnies and then dayton on their floor in the final would be sweet. 

Let me get this straight, you’re worried about playing a 3 win team, but want to play a team who is 2-0 against us at their place?

With Daly back and Funk finally hitting his stride, the Joeys are playing so well they could be the first nine win team to make the Dance. Plus, we need to get, as Barney Fife would say, R-E-V-E-N-G, against the Flyers.

billiken_roy and mrjoelabs like this

31 minutes ago, almaman said:

I'm ticked The Lou has no team in the ACL? one of the beer capitals deserves a team. The St Louis Growlers.

When I was young the Cornhole league was a little different. Not that there's anything wrong with that

I actually think the way that this turned out hurts our chances.  By being in the top half of the bracket, we are likely going to get UMass (NET 129) and St. Bonaventure (NET 32).  Being on the other side would have given us either Dayton (NET 86) or Davidson (NET 71) and then VCU (Net 37).  VCU or Bonaventure seems like a wash as far as the value in beating them.   However, I think it would have been better for us to get a win against Davidson or Dayton than another against UMass.

14 minutes ago, almaman said:

nudge nudge. # 1 reason can't get into (PI) the whole sport.

It's like when someone says they or who farted the 12 year old kid comes out and I have to laugh. I can't get past the name either

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I actually think the way that this turned out hurts our chances.  By being in the top half of the bracket, we are likely going to get UMass (NET 129) and St. Bonaventure (NET 32).  Being on the other side would have given us either Dayton (NET 86) or Davidson (NET 71) and then VCU (Net 37).  VCU or Bonaventure seems like a wash as far as the value in beating them.   However, I think it would have been better for us to get a win against Davidson or Dayton than another against UMass.

For me it’s about matchups. We matchup much better against UMass and the Bonnies than we do against Davidson, Dayton or VCU. This is an ideal draw for us in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

For me it’s about matchups. We matchup much better against UMass and the Bonnies than we do against Davidson, Dayton or VCU. This is an ideal draw for us in my eyes.

That was initial thought as well, so I am sure I will be wrong. But on paper I like the draw, now we just have to go win the damn thing! So fired up from that second half effort!

Hey guy, what's with your shirt...? – The Christmas Shirt Company

2 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

True, but I also think we beat VCU most times we would play them.

Reading between the lines here, with most of the team + within the 90 day framework, it is almost impossible that the Bills could get Covided out of the A10 Tourney (or the NCAA Tourney).  Good resume builder!!! 

This may explain why Strickland's quarantine didn't impact the team as a whole. I'm guessing he was one of the 'lucky few' who didn't contract the virus. 

19 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Stu kind of answer the question I didn't ask.  Strickland out but the rest of the team is there.

He's been on this for what, 16 days now?

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

He's been on this for what, 16 days now?

Not sure.  He played against Dayton on Feb 19, but not against VCU on the 23rd, or the last two.  I don't remember if he was dressed or not on the 23rd.  For sure he was noted as quarantined on the last two games.  So the window is between Feb 20 (day 12 of quarantine) and Feb 23 (day 9).  He is not in Richmond, so look for him next week.