Official SLU News: Men’s Basketball Pauses Team Activities

I consider myself a pretty optimistic person. But after 10 months of lockdown w/minimal social interaction and not being able to travel to visit family because of my age and a medical reason, I have to admit isolation takes a toll. When Billiken BB returned I finally had something to boost my spirits. And then Team Blue gets Covid and shuts it down for what seems like an eternity. I surely can't wait for the Bills to take to the court once more. I'm not down or depressed just fed up and frustrated with this infernal plague, as are most people in my age group. Some tips to get thru it:  happy hours on the phone with friends both old and new help, and listen to some good old 60s and 70s rock while sipping on the Glen Morangie. Music and single malt scotch are great medicines. Soon I'll be getting back on the golf course, so I have that to look forward to. Also, I was able today to secure appts for my Covid shots. Still, there's nothing like watching this edition of Billiken BB to really take one's mind off the tragedies that are taking place in the outside world. Let's go Bills! Come back strong and show the A10 what a great team looks like. God bless all, mask up, thank God every day you wake up, and stay safe. We will beat this thing. 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I consider myself a pretty optimistic person. But after 10 months of lockdown w/minimal social interaction and not being able to travel to visit family because of my age and a medical reason, I have to admit isolation takes a toll. When Billiken BB returned I finally had something to boost my spirits. And then Team Blue gets Covid and shuts it down for what seems like an eternity. I surely can't wait for the Bills to take to the court once more. I'm not down or depressed just fed up and frustrated with this infernal plague, as are most people in my age group. Some tips to get thru it:  happy hours on the phone with friends both old and new help, and listen to some good old 60s and 70s rock while sipping on the Glen Morangie. Music and single malt scotch are great medicines. Soon I'll be getting back on the golf course, so I have that to look forward to. Also, I was able today to secure appts for my Covid shots. Still, there's nothing like watching this edition of Billiken BB to really take one's mind off the tragedies that are taking place in the outside world. Let's go Bills! Come back strong and show the A10 what a great team looks like. God bless all, mask up, thank God every day you wake up, and stay safe. We will beat this thing. 

Which one do you like.  My favorite is the Lasanta

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

Which one do you like.  My favorite is the Lasanta

The 18 year old stuff. Not sure if it has a name. Not sure I've ever tried Lasanta. 

30 minutes ago, slu72 said:

The 18 year old stuff. Not sure if it has a name. Not sure I've ever tried Lasanta. 

12 years and aged in cherry barrels.  It has a very smooth taste.  I have had the 18 year stuff and it is good also.