GDT vs Pittsburgh in Brooklyn

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Brighton said:

They win this game if Isabell starts. I firmly believe this. It would be a shame to miss out on the NCAA's after such a promising start.

Jesus relax.... Such a promising start? 3 wins against nobodies and one win against Seton Hall is a promising start? Lol We aren't missing out on the NCAA because of a loss to an acc team on a neutral site. We will make or miss the tournament based on our performance throughout the season. Chill

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Jesus relax.... Such a promising start? 3 wins against nobodies and one win against Seton Hall is a promising start? Lol We aren't missing out on the NCAA because of a loss to an acc team on a neutral site. We will make or miss the tournament based on our performance throughout the season. Chill

Big chance on December 1 to help things a lot. 

Brighton likes this

1 minute ago, Brighton said:

They win this game if Isabell starts. I firmly believe this. It would be a shame to miss out on the NCAA's after such a promising start.

Hold the phone, 5 games into the season and 34 to 16 foul shots it will not matter at all if they take care of business on our home court.

We were 1-1 on the road with impossible odds we are greedy now and that is fine but the entire season is out there and we are really going to be good.

Just now, Brighton said:

I'm not so sure about that. The offense didn't look good down the stretch. His turnover by failing to cross the timeline in 10 seconds cost us dearly. He passed to French for the now-infamous airballed FT. His decision making cost us many times today, and severely.

1 minute ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Winning the A10 will give us a bid. I’m not worried about that. I want national press. I want espn to be asking what a Billiken is. I want segments asking if we are a sleeper for the seeet 16

you are a piece of shite. bandwagon F face

Westy03 likes this

We pretty much expected to go 1-1 on this trip, but just the opposite in terms of the opponents. Not a season breaker by any means. And Pitt may not end up DFL in the ACC. I'd take that kid Johnson in a heart beat. He could be an all ACC rookie, if Duke leaves any room for him.

8 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I am saying the last 7 min of the first half lost us the game. Having 4 freshmen on the court, two who haven’t played before is beyond dumb. Add in that we put in our worst ft shooter with 2 min left was dumb. That’s why you let them play early on. 

Who should have been in the game?   As said above surely you aren't this stupid.   We had no one else to play.  Especially considering how badly the refs had cheated to that point you could not take a chance in playing our guys in foul trouble.   

The refs cheating sucked

Whatever isabell did to get benched sucked.

But my biggest b!tch was the poor job of coaching again.  Where is the tactical genius coach we had the last 2 years? 

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Ya again hindsight. If he makes both that's huge going forward. Makes one misses one we still have a chance. Airball really was worst case scenario though.

Yeah but how many times has French gone to the line and made both?  I’d bet everything I own you can count the times on one hand in his Billiken career. 

What a disappointing loss.

But honestly, I feel better about this team now than I did before the east coast trip, so that’s good.

They beat SH on the road.

Sure they lose to Pitt but they lost without Isabel for 1 half and Wiley for another. They lost with 3/5ths of their starters sitting because of questionable foul trouble.

They lost woth 2 guys getting their first minutes of the season.

A lot of things stacked up against our Bills today and they could have and really should have won.

This one stings but I feel better than I did last week.

Zink, billiken_roy and BilliKat like this

3 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Winning the A10 will give us a bid. I’m not worried about that. I want national press. I want espn to be asking what a Billiken is. I want segments asking if we are a sleeper for the seeet 16

You are so wrong.   The a10 is not good enough for the season  championship.   The only berth will likely go to the conf tourney winner

We scored 2 points in the last 4:45 seconds (aside from the garbage time Bess 3). You can point to so many things.  The botched pass to Foreman where Isabell tried to feed him a lob on the break. That's something that won't happen again. Goodwin had a long two where he got his toe on the line. Just a tough loss.

We literally played about 12 minutes in the first half with our Scout team on the floor. The officiating this year is making the game unwatchable. The foul rendered JGood and Gordon useless down the stretch on D. Ford is justified to be pissed at the officials. The FT discrepancy says at all.

That being said, we were the better team. We need to learn to bury teams when we have the momentum. In this game it needed to happen after French's putback dunk.

Bad loss, but not crippling. Freshmen got experience. In January we win this game by double digits.