2018-2019 Season Prediction Contest

philliken

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

I had a dream last night that SLU lost to SEMO by 2, so I'm changing my predictions to...

9-4 Non Con

15-3 Con

3-0 A10

2-1 NCAA

29-8 Overall

"Dream"?  That's a damn nightmare.

2 hours ago, Westy03 said:

8-5 non conference

13-5 conference 

2-1 A-10 tourney 

Westy, you predicting post-A10 tourney play, too?

With 11 losses and not winning A10 tourney, at large bid to Dance might be long shot. (That’s of course partially dependent on how impressive the wins and embarrassing the losses.)

4 minutes ago, Adman said:

Westy, you predicting post-A10 tourney play, too?

With 11 losses and not winning A10 tourney, at large bid to Dance might be long shot. (That’s of course partially dependent on how impressive the wins and embarrassing the losses.)

Just think our shooting/scoring is really going to bite us on some nights.  Our defense will be very good, just dont think we will score enough to be a NCAA tournament team.  im really hoping at the end of the year I can bump this post to show how wrong I am.  

JMM28 and Billiken Rich like this

1 minute ago, Westy03 said:

Just think our shooting/scoring is really going to bite us on some nights.  Our defense will be very good, just dont think we will score enough to be a NCAA tournament team.  im really hoping at the end of the year I can bump this post to show how wrong I am.  

I am in the same boat. I feel like the team is a little too thin up front - working under the Welmer being IR'ed assumption. With all the various new parts and pieces, I think the non-con will be a struggle. And by the time they get the pieces fit together, an at large may be out of the question necessitating a tournament win.

I would love to be wrong, obviously. Just a little more pessimistic than most. 

3 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I am in the same boat. I feel like the team is a little too thin up front - working under the Welmer being IR'ed assumption. With all the various new parts and pieces, I think the non-con will be a struggle. And by the time they get the pieces fit together, an at large may be out of the question necessitating a tournament win.

I would love to be wrong, obviously. Just a little more pessimistic than most. 

7 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Based my prediction mainly on these two thoughts:  thin in the frontcourt and poor shooting in the backcourt. 

10-3 NonConf

14-4 A10

3-0 Brooklyn

1-1 NCAA

28-8 Overall

I know that I have us only playing the first weekend of the NCAA tourney but you know the Selection Committee will put us in an unwinnable match up for round 2 like they always do.  I realize our ceiling is higher but if you offered me this scenario today I would take it, just to have that feeling of being conference champ again.

58 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Based my prediction mainly on these two thoughts:  thin in the frontcourt and poor shooting in the backcourt. 

I got a big fear when it comes to the offense outside of just the shooting.  I am worried that it could just become really stagnant at times.  Tramaine is such a ball dominant player and think Goodwin will become more ball dominant this season.  I am just worried about how the offense will look when they are both on the court together and the other guys aren't getting touches.  We got some really good tools to work with on offense, I just think it is going to take some time to work it all out.

Adman likes this

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I got a big fear when it comes to the offense outside of just the shooting.  I am worried that it could just become really stagnant at times.  Tramaine is such a ball dominant player and think Goodwin will become more ball dominant this season.  I am just worried about how the offense will look when they are both on the court together and the other guys aren't getting touches.  We got some really good tools to work with on offense, I just think it is going to take some time to work it all out.

I wonder how often Ford will split them up if they can’t manage the backcourt effectively in a game.  Maybe go to a Goodwin/Wiley and Isabell/Thatch pairing that way you don’t have two ball hungry guys on the court at the same time.  I’m not saying it should be the norm, but wonder if it might help when they aren’t clicking together. 

brianstl likes this

49 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It is a valid fear, no doubt. The one thing that keeps me optimistic as they work out the offense and/or their guards are having bad shooting night is the defense. While there are Isabel concerns, this defense should be one of the better - if not the best - in the A10. And if Isabel plays halfway decent D, team D ought to be lockdown, allowing the Bills to win games that become defensive battles.

brianstl likes this