OT: Fly the L

Brighton

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the mistake of staying up for that entire game. Have no idea why. I guess it was somewhat worth it considering the result. 

PREDICTION TIME! Who does everyone have in the WS?

What I want: A's versus Rockies

What I don't want (and what I think will happen): Astros versus Dodgers for the second year in a row.

14 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I made the mistake of staying up for that entire game. Have no idea why. I guess it was somewhat worth it considering the result. 

What I don't want (and what I think will happen): Astros versus Dodgers for the second year in a row.

Red sox v Stros - 6 games

Brewers v dodgers - 7 games

Stro's vs brewers.  Stro's in 5

4 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

I realize this will be an unpopular opinion, but I'm rooting for the Red Sox...Only because I'm a Detroit fan and I'd be really happy for Kinsler and JD Martinez to get rings.

love me some mookie betts

majerus mojo likes this

37 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

BRAVES!!! VS Red Sox

Sweep by the Braves.  

I think Black out-coached Madden in the WC, starting at roster construction and continuing thru the game.

Give the ex-Cards in the rest of the games, Piscotty for the A's, Kelly for the Sox, Holliday (and Ottavino to a lesser extent) for the Rox, Voit for the Yanks, Freese for LA, Freeman with the Braves  and most of all Uecker for the Brewers.  There are a bunch of guys to root for still playing.

Side Note:  Jayson Hayward has the lowest batting average in post season baseball history with players with over 100 at bats.  What do you want for 8 yr/$184 million?  Do you think Heyward will exercise his opt-out clause this off season?   Ha.

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I think Black out-coached Madden in the WC, starting at roster construction and continuing thru the game.

Give the ex-Cards in the rest of the games, Piscotty for the A's, Kelly for the Sox, Holliday (and Ottavino to a lesser extent) for the Rox, and most of all Uecker for the Brewers.  There are a bunch of guys to root for still playing.

both coaches over managed.   the cubs have Rizzo sitting on the bench and that track star who cant hit playing in the extra innings because they had no other choices.   Rockies come up in extra innings and one their best players blackman out of the game due to the classic larussa over managing double switch.  drives me crazy.   ironically the rockies like 8th string catcher with all the double moves actually gets the winning hit of the game though and would never had that chance if not for the brainiac moves.  

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Side Note:  Jayson Hayward has the lowest batting average in post season baseball history with players with over 100 at bats.  What do you want for 8 yr/$184 million?  Do you think Heyward will exercise his opt-out clause this off season?   Ha.

Imagine the Cubs still had Fowler too......

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

not a Cubs fan, but just a guess, probably this -- 

jhey.thumb.jpg.efb4a7a758873d8cb7875a52b04c194f.jpg

QUAILMAN likes this

5 hours ago, cheeseman said:

The TV people want the Dodgers and either NY or Boston.

And for this reason I’m hoping for Brew Crew and A’. That’s the networks nightmare so that is exactly what I want.

Plus I like the A’s and besides Braun the Brewers don’t have anybody I dislike.

16 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

not a Cubs fan, but just a guess, probably this -- 

jhey.thumb.jpg.efb4a7a758873d8cb7875a52b04c194f.jpg

I always laugh at the accolades Heyward got for his Game 7 “speech” in 2016. Game tied with a rain delay. Heyward says to the team, hey guys we can win this. Brilliant. So like Rizzo looks at Bryant and Fowler and says “wow we hadn’t thought of that.”  They really needed him to say that?

BTW, in this 2016 post season, Jason hit 5 for 48, or .104.  I guess you can say he let his mouth do his talking rather than his bat.

14 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I always laugh at the accolades Heyward got for his Game 7 “speech” in 2016. Game tied with a rain delay. Heyward says to the team, hey guys we can win this. Brilliant. So like Rizzo looks at Bryant and Fowler and says “wow we hadn’t thought of that.”  They really needed him to say that?

BTW, in this 2016 post season, Jason hit 5 for 48, or .104.  I guess you can say he let his mouth do his talking rather than his bat.

So what?  Every single Cardinal has hit .000 the past three post-seasons.  I guess the Cardinals just like getting an early start on hunting season.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, Brighton said:

Another year, another Cub flop !

You realize that this is the third consecutive year the Cards have failed to make the postseason, right? And this is the fourth straight years the Cubs have made it... and three of those years they have made it to at least the NLCS?

Who's flopping again?

21 minutes ago, QUAILMAN said:

You realize that this is the third consecutive year the Cards have failed to make the postseason, right? And this is the fourth straight years the Cubs have made it... and three of those years they have made it to at least the NLCS?

Who's flopping again?

People forget that SLU draws a lot of students from Chicago.

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

People forget that SLU draws a lot of students from Chicago.

Worst thing in the world.  You now see packs of Cub fans running around St Louis.  They might live here.  They might not.  They were SO much more charming as a long suffering group of lovable losers......

Brighton likes this