Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

A lot of posters are overreacting to a very, very small number of people on Twitter. I wouldn't worry about them. There are people arguing on Twitter about literally everything at all times. This particular group being complained about is tiny and has no say in this particular matter. Just ignore them and let the case play out.

Also, for what it's worth, social justice is a fundamental tenet of Jesuit teaching - and Catholicism as a whole, for that matter. I know that the terms "social justice" and "social justice warrior" have become political euphemisms in recent years, but bear in mind that social justice on a basic level is supposed to factor into everything the University does.

+1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I lived in the old Gries from 9/70 to 5/73.

It was different back then.

No booze, if you had a female guest it was only between the hours of 6-11p. Also the door had be left open.

After dealing with that, for my senior year and one year to get my masters, I lived in Laclede Town :rolleyes:  

You actually followed the rules - not everybody did.

This is probably very wrong, but I can't help thinking about the blank look on the face of some twenty something year old gal at her first job sitting behind a counter at DuBourg and some old lady comes in to report that she was sexually assaulted in Griesedick back in 1969.  I envision a long pause followed by the girl behind the counter getting up and trying to find what form applied to that situation.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:04 AM, Slu let the dogs out? said:

you mean no later than 11/24? Looking forward to the Butler game when all of our players will be dressed!

That would be this Friday. A Friday after Thanksgiving news dump would make sense. And on the court, the returning players could get a game in before heading to Butler. That would be a good scenario, but I'm expecting this to drag on longer.

6 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

So... we think tomorrow is decision day? Obviously we have no idea, but it is likely right? 

Stu said Monday would be the earliest as the university is on holiday.  Who knows at this point, but I suspect we won’t hear anything tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

24 hours until we get an answer?

Honestly, unless one of the players puts something on social media, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we find out that they’ve been cleared (if they end up being cleared or get “time served”), merely by seeing them suited up on Tuesday night. Unless Stu Durando does some investigating to break the story, I wouldn’t expect SLU to put themselves in the news over this. In my experience of observing the SLU athletic department, their plan of action in dealing with “newsworthy” information is as follows:

1) Hope no one notices and the situation blows over

2) If it doesn’t blow over, consider whoever brought up the news to be the bad guy for bringing it up

3) At some point in time, address the situation publicly.

So I’m basically SLU to try to keep this as quiet as possible.

My prediction is we never hear anything. The players magically start playing again around mid December. The players will have a reputation of being sexual assaulters for the rest of their lives because SLU never did anything to publicly clear the names.

33 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

My prediction is we never hear anything. The players magically start playing again around mid December. The players will have a reputation of being sexual assaulters for the rest of their lives because SLU never did anything to publicly clear the names.

Seems likely 

35 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

If the title ix investigation finds nothing, I'd rather SLU keep its mouth shut other than to say "we did our due diligence and found nothing." especially, I'd rather they keep the names quiet. The last thing I'd want is for a Google search for the guys' names to pop up anything related to this whatsoever, even if it is something saying they were investigated and shown to be innocent. 

majerus mojo likes this

To say that if SLU says nothing one way or the other is the reason anybody would be labeled a sexual assaulter is just silly.  People who label others are the ones who do it.  The school has made no comments so far one way or the other so they could easily choose that avenue for the end of it.  As long as a person is not charged nor receive any punishment from the school then the non actions speak for themselves.  The other shoe that would drop through this whole matter is the girls - if they filed a false police report then no comment from the school also protects them.  This not a good situation no matter how it plays out.  The best end would be for everybody just to move on regardless of the outcome.

6 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

If the title ix investigation finds nothing, I'd rather SLU keep its mouth shut other than to say "we did our due diligence and found nothing." especially, I'd rather they keep the names quiet. The last thing I'd want is for a Google search for the guys' names to pop up anything related to this whatsoever, even if it is something saying they were investigated and shown to be innocent. 

I agree on the Google search thing but there are already people who have assumed the players are guilty simply because they are suspended. 

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

I agree on the Google search thing but there are already people who have assumed the players are guilty simply because they are suspended. 

Let them believe what they want - the not playing is nothing more than good sense by the school/coach.