Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week someone said had a comment about how it was Goodwin's phone but he didn't do it. I guess I could see an argument where it was recorded and shared on Goodwin's phone but Goodwin is saying he didn't actually do it because he wasn't in the room. I think that's a really hard story to believe even if true, which is why he could have been expelled. But could be why he's been able to play this whole time and why you aren't hearing much about him. He didn't have sexual contact with the accusers in the investigation so they didn't need to hold him out from games but he was still involved with the investigation from the video standpoint. Just kind of throwing theories out here and if you think about something for long enough, you can make the pieces fit so maybe I'm forcing it. 

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

It kind of worries me that both Graves and Henriquez have now "voluntarily withdrawn". I was hoping that only one person would have left and we could assume that was the person expelled. Now I have some worry that the expelled player could be someone who is still in school. And I wouldn't be worried if that person was Bishop so hopefully people can figure out who I mean.

In theory, one could be expelled and then appeal.  During the appeal they could voluntarily leave. 

3 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

It is the Gold Standard process.  Any old process can weigh evidence and make varying decisions.  The Gold Standard is to always punish regardless of the evidence.

Only evidence needed was that there were males. Case closed. Overnight bag girl proved that one.

23 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I've wondered if it has to do with them picking SLU out of high school. They have emotional ties to the University whereas Graves and Henriquez transferred in.

Loyalty/emotional ties to SLU only go so far. I have to believe that the 2 who have not withdrawn believe they stand a chance on appeal. 

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

Loyalty/emotional ties to SLU only go so far. I have to believe that the 2 who have not withdrawn believe they stand a chance on appeal. 

Really no reason to leave right now(other than because you're pissed at the school) until a final ruling has been made.  Bishop would have to sit out the rest of this semester regardless, might as well see where this goes.  Right?

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

Interesting to me that 2 of the 3 who have been suspended this whole time have left but the other hasn't. None of this has ever made sense but it's especially weird to me now.

every week hits a new record in strangeness 

Just now, slufan13 said:

Interesting to me that 2 of the 3 who have been suspended this whole time have left but the other hasn't. None of this has ever made sense but it's especially weird to me now.

I'm still hung up on Goodwin being able to play. We knew the three were sitting out, but even after the suspensions were announced he kept playing. Why is he playing if the university somehow found him guilty? If he can play, what's stopping Ford from playing the rest of them?

23 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Maybe, but I think it’s more of an attempt to beat the suspension/expulsion being placed on his transcript.

Likely the case, but if the players truly committed the heinous acts that necessitated the upholding of the lengthy suspensions/expulsion, why wouldn't SLU continue to pursue the lowering of the hammer to ensure awareness regardless of where they end up.  Wouldn't that be the right thing to do given today's climate?  If SLU negotiated and gave the boys a way out (i.e. withdraw in good standing), it seems to me that they just want them gone. 

1 minute ago, St. Lunatic said:

I'm still hung up on Goodwin being able to play. We knew the three were sitting out, but even after the suspensions were announced he kept playing. Why is he playing if the university somehow found him guilty? If he can play, what's stopping Ford from playing the rest of them?

We talk a lot about how we wish Rosenblum had filed an injunction to let the players play. What if Goodwin was represented by the other lawyer and that lawyer did file an injunction? Again, I'm just throwing out thoughts here. I don't know anything more than the rest of us.

Also if Henriquez has hired an agent, I am shocked that we haven't gotten an official statement from him or the school. I believe hiring an agent immediately ends your college eligibility so I would think somebody would have put out a statement by now.

Just now, slufan13 said:

Also if Henriquez has hired an agent, I am shocked that we haven't gotten an official statement from him or the school. I believe hiring an agent immediately ends your college eligibility so I would think somebody would have put out a statement by now.

I'm not.

The SLU administration is Homer Simpson disappearing into a hedgerow. 

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

We talk a lot about how we wish Rosenblum had filed an injunction to let the players play. What if Goodwin was represented by the other lawyer and that lawyer did file an injunction? Again, I'm just throwing out thoughts here. I don't know anything more than the rest of us.

I know less than anyone but wouldn't an injunction have made the news somehow? I don't think an injunction would be secret and some press member in town would have sniffed it out.

Just now, White Pelican said:

I know less than anyone but wouldn't an injunction have made the news somehow? I don't think an injunction would be secret and some press member in town would have sniffed it out.

I would think so but since when has our local media been good at digging into these types of things? I think my "theory" is far fetched but just trying to figure out why one player has been allowed to play