Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Who is Nathan Grimm (Nate_Grimm on twitter)?  Just saw he tweeted at Ortiz he is happy somebody finally asked the right questions instead of basketball-focused cheerleading.  It was liked by Charlie Marlow of Fox 2.  

A tool... looked at his profile and surprise - a big Illini fan. Clearly still hurting that Goodwin spurned them.

Box and Won likes this

37 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think Benfred will eventually write the column many of us what him to write.  I just think he wants more information to be publicly available before he puts his neck on the line.  It is probably the correct strategy for him considering where he is at in his career.

Ben emailed me back, noted that he has heard Frank’s segment, and added, “I can tell you we are continuing to work on the story. So, stay tuned on that front.” 

Bottom line is there is enough blame to go around for all in this matter.  As long as Freddy was not being investigated he certainly had the right to get status reports.  Asking for status reports is not interfering.  The length of time this all took actually worked in our favor.  JG go to play basically a full year and get the experience and growth.  He is coming back next year basically penalty free - he got screwed with but that was going to happen anyway.  Ford still has his team in tact for next year including his recruiting class - I know the 3 are gone but we really do not know what we are missing since we did not see two of them play and the third just was collateral damage.  Freddy does need to review the entire process and make sure that things are set up to be fair for everybody concerned.  If he does not do this then he is remiss and should be held accountable.   The BOT needs to ask for a thorough review and act accordingly regarding everyone's accountability.  Ford and May need to have a major education process in place to make sure this does not happen again.  Men will always think with their little head but they have to have it drilled into them use their big head.    Some kind of understanding has to be meshed into the process regarding the brain development of young people including not just a penalty phase but a learning one as well.  Plenty to learn from here now lets make sure we do it.  Things could have been a lot worse.

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

The fact that Graves has already landed on my feet tells me that the investigators report can't be that damning. 

Agreed, I’m shocked he was able to land somewhere else so quickly. Even if it wasn’t that bad, being associated with these incidents can be damning.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Bottom line is there is enough blame to go around for all in this matter.  As long as Freddy was not being investigated he certainly had the right to get status reports. (1) Asking for status reports is not interfering.  The length of time this all took actually worked in our favor.  JG go to play basically a full year and get the experience and growth.  He is coming back next year basically penalty free - (2) he got screwed with but that was going to happen anyway.  Ford still has his team in tact for next year including his recruiting class -(3) I know the 3 are gone but we really do not know what we are missing since we did not see two of them play and the third just was collateral damage.  Freddy does need to review the entire process and make sure that things are set up to be fair for everybody concerned.  If he does not do this then he is remiss and should be held accountable.   The BOT needs to ask for a thorough review and act accordingly regarding everyone's accountability. (4) Ford and May need to have a major education process in place to make sure this does not happen again.  Men will always think with their little head but they have to have it drilled into them use their big head.    Some kind of understanding has to be meshed into the process regarding the brain development of young people.  Plenty to learn from here now lets make sure we do it.  Things could have been a lot worse.

-1-I agree, seems DrP acted cowardly  - (2)- why was he going to get screwed anyway? due to the T9 office? if so, I agree. I still would like to know what rule he violated -- (3) I guess it comes down to who fills these spots, clearly we need guards for next season -- (4) apparently this needs to be regular and dramatic 

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Nope. Maybe he doesn’t want it written publicly that he left on his “own accord”, for future reasons $$? I forget what the tweet said specifically

Even if deleted, I think the tweet can still be found through a 3rd party website. 

I guess now that the rulings are final, I will say that Henriquez told me that he was suspended for the shortest time of anyone. Now he could be making that up but if that's true, that means Goodwin was originally suspended until spring of 2020. So just adding to the fact that none of this makes any sense at all. 

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Bottom line is there is enough blame to go around for all in this matter.  As long as Freddy was not being investigated he certainly had the right to get status reports.  Asking for status reports is not interfering.  The length of time this all took actually worked in our favor.  JG go to play basically a full year and get the experience and growth.  He is coming back next year basically penalty free - he got screwed with but that was going to happen anyway.  Ford still has his team in tact for next year including his recruiting class - I know the 3 are gone but we really do not know what we are missing since we did not see two of them play and the third just was collateral damage.  Freddy does need to review the entire process and make sure that things are set up to be fair for everybody concerned.  If he does not do this then he is remiss and should be held accountable.   The BOT needs to ask for a thorough review and act accordingly regarding everyone's accountability.  Ford and May need to have a major education process in place to make sure this does not happen again.  Men will always think with their little head but they have to have it drilled into them use their big head.    Some kind of understanding has to be meshed into the process regarding the brain development of young people.  Plenty to learn from here now lets make sure we do it.  Things could have been a lot worse.

While the accusers continue to live life looking through rose-colored lenses. I'm not sure this is the best take you've had, cheeseman. And you do have solid takes. 

16 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Things could have been a lot worse.

This is probably the mindset that SLU wants and the mindset that I was afraid of. Things could have been a lot worse but they should have been a lot better. Nobody should be happy or even content with the outcome of this case. 

CBFan likes this

26 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Ben emailed me back, noted that he has heard Frank’s segment, and added, “I can tell you we are continuing to work on the story. So, stay tuned on that front.” 

I like Ben. He's good people.

Just now, brianstl said:

Way to go Haenchen.  Where is the TMA gong when it is needed.

That's excellent. And those who race stuff toward him were stupid. It undermines their argument. Leave the personal stuff out of it when refuting his argument.

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I guess now that the rulings are final, I will say that Henriquez told me that he was suspended for the shortest time of anyone. Now he could be making that up but if that's true, that means Goodwin was originally suspended until spring of 2020. So just adding to the fact that none of this makes any sense at all. 

I suppose that “makes sense” if Goodwin was targeted via “process of elimination”, as his parents stated.

For example, Weathers is unable to successfully pin the brunt of the “misconduct” on Henriquez, so she in turn moves to Goodwin, and figures well he’s the only one left, he must be responsible for (whatever action we are talking about).

Not sure how to factor in the other two in this scenario, but you get the idea. 

13 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

I suppose that “makes sense” if Goodwin was targeted via “process of elimination”, as his parents stated.

For example, Weathers is unable to successfully pin the brunt of the “misconduct” on Henriquez, so she in turn moves to Goodwin, and figures well he’s the only one left, he must be responsible for (whatever action we are talking about).

Not sure how to factor in the other two in this scenario, but you get the idea. 

From Weather's perspective, since a claim of sexual assault was reported, one had to have been committed, right?  And since I can only assume that JG didn't appear in the consensual sex video, that by process of elimination he had to be the one that committed the sexual assault.  It all makes perfect sense.