Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

25 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

So what type of punishment should the players have gotten? Nothing?

Was this just a boys will be boys situation and SLU should have ignored it? 

Because they were basketball players they can do whatever they want without repercussions?

It sounded like a pretty serious situation to me.

Sad that most of the posters on this site only care about wins/losses of the basketball team and not the moral fiber of the school.

So you are saying that the boys should be suspended for having consensual sex while the two female students don't get punished

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, majerus mojo said:

This guy was/is (so I’ve heard) “fairly high up in SGA”... if this is any indication as to the mood on campus... yikes. vague, but also implies the guys have accepted their fate?

hammer him 

10 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

This guy was/is (so I’ve heard) “fairly high up in SGA”... if this is any indication as to the mood on campus... yikes. vague, but also implies the guys have accepted their fate?

Also, what is he talking about? Send-off? Did the players do something for the accused guys?

(I also don't understand "hilarious" in quotation marks but that's probably irrelevant.)

9 hours ago, slu72 fan said:

The best actually happened first day of classes this semester. One of the three, that has been denied attending the games for fear of contact with one of the females, shows up for class and she's there.  The school pisses away money on off campus housing, and guards when the players are on campus, doesn't have enough sense to make sure they're not enrolled in the same classes. 

Excellent work Dr. P

-this can't be true, I find this to be unbelievable, someone please confirm or deny this, i didn't see any blue font

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Also, what is he talking about? Send-off? Did the players do something for the accused guys?

(I also don't understand "hilarious" in quotation marks but that's probably irrelevant.)

Yea it sounds like the suspended/expelled are prepared to leave campus and the guys had a send-off where they enjoyed themselves, or was “hilarious”. Because if your school is railroading you for a crime you didn’t commit, and is being so silent on the issue that other students continue to assume you are a rapist... you should be sad and remorseful at all times, according to our friend here. 

I know not all of the undergrads agree with this guy, but it's pretty sad and pathetic that someone in SGA is this oblivious.... To me it just shows a lack of critical thinking, something that I guess SLU doesn't really teach as much of anymore.  To associate the players with "rape culture" is about as asinine as it gets. 

I used to think SLU should have a football team. I went to a big 10 school where sports were part of the experience.

Given: we have a couple of empty stadiums in the downtown area: then thoughts of Leonard Little, bartending and Marshall Faulk and others who must be proportionately higher numbers in such an aggressive sport creep into my mind.

I live in the city and I was happy when the practice field was built out in the county so football players would not migrate to our city limits.

Then I remember the linemen on Dick Vermeil’s team trying to explain they did not need to be in shape/ TV timeouts between plays let them recuperate. How boring NFL football is compared to the way sandlot ball used to be.

I think watching sports contests is becoming less relevant. I already don’t watch football (college with its 40 post season toilet bowls and NFL with its boring TV timeouts). 

I am thinking about not following the Cardinals with their Cincinnati owners. 

The recent quote something like the “Memphis to Saint Louis will be used more often” meaning we will have a steady stream of cheap almost good enough ballplayers.

If the 8 kids who are playing were not being coached up to compete I would have lost interest in this team because of of all of this hysteria. 

Imagine having a nice article about Roby or Foreman or whoever and the S2 is mentioned. Much akin to having your wedding picture in the paper and the opposite page is a big article about bad news. Do you want your thirteen year old child wondering what S2 is twenty years from now?

Scholarship awards come with responsibility. If it is academic you normally lose your scholarship if you underperform. If you are an athlete in a sport that gets watched by the public there is the added responsibility of being a good representative of the school.

I hope we win some games and we get invited to the CBS or some post season play and the kids who play remember why they chose SLU as a decent city at a good school that tries to have students that are good citizens and not just a mediocre team in a traumatized environment.

i am going to the game tonight. I am hoping to see French play without thoughtless fouls. I hope Hines shoots 40 percent from the field and I hope Welmer continues to recover. I hope Javon Bess is a little more ambitious as his shot seems to be coming back. The rest of the team I hope is trying as hard as they have all season.

i hope we can end this thread soon- so we can all recover.

2 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

So what type of punishment should the players have gotten? Nothing?

Was this just a boys will be boys situation and SLU should have ignored it? 

Because they were basketball players they can do whatever they want without repercussions?

It sounded like a pretty serious situation to me.

Sad that most of the posters on this site only care about wins/losses of the basketball team and not the moral fiber of the school.

You are an idiot!!!!

14 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

It happened.

The people in the Title IX office couldn't even get this simple part of the process correct, but we are supposed to believe that they can handle a complex case that will permanently impact the lives of multiple young adults? 

1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

I don't think this in any way suggests the mood of the students on campus. There is a large contingent of students still rallying around the idea of having a positive outcome from the appeals process. I wouldn't take the words of "OverlandNarc" to be any more than an independent student's uninformed opinion.

kshoe and majerus mojo like this

9 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

Good news, just got a text from my roommate that Graves, who many have suspected of being expelled, is in class with him today. So either he isn't the one expelled or he appealed 

That’s not good news. There are two people suspected of being expelled. One is more important than the other. 

10 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

Good news, just got a text from my roommate that Graves, who many have suspected of being expelled, is in class with him today. So either he isn't the one expelled or he appealed 

-could it be that no one has told him that he is expelled? seems quite possible