Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Seems like a reasonable assumption to me.

The other day I searched SLU’s people finder and Graves was the only one I couldn’t find. There was a Graves with the middle initial T. Didn’t know if Ty could be a middle name, so I didn’t want to post anything. 

3 minutes ago, papal said:

Since the Saint Louis police investigated S2 and have not filed charges, could they be called in a suit against the university.  Rumor has it they some of the police officers(females included)are appaled at the outcome

They should be appalled. The more this farcical investigation continues to be mismanaged, the more likely a future real allegation of sexual assault is disregarded. 

Unless im missing a crap ton of details, this whole thing seems to be pretty simple to figure out.  Whomever took the pics(illegal) is out expelled,  the other three, 100% good to go. 

19 minutes ago, GoBills73 said:

Given the circumstances, I consider this a positive development.  Assuming this means Ty is the non-Rosenbloom 3, it also means that Goodwin is not the one facing expulsion.  If he is, as others have suggested, the one given the 1.5-year suspension, a "successful" appeal could result in a reduced suspension and a much stronger chance he'll remain a Billiken. 

David King likes this

Just now, SShoe said:

Given the circumstances, I consider this a positive development.  Assuming this means Ty is the non-Rosenbloom 3, it also means that Goodwin is not the one facing expulsion.  If he is, as others have suggested, the one given the 1.5-year suspension, a "successful" appeal could result in a reduced suspension and a much stronger chance he'll remain a Billiken. 

but why has Goodwin been allowed to play????????????????????????????????? so much mystery 

8 minutes ago, papal said:

Since the Saint Louis police investigated S2 and have not filed charges, could they be called in a suit against the university.  Rumor has it they some of the police officers(females included)are appaled at the outcome

The thing I am confused about, Josh Helmuth from KSDK said he got the police report but Stu or Ashley Jost still haven't?  

1 minute ago, NextYearBill said:

but why has Goodwin been allowed to play????????????????????????????????? so much mystery 

I think it is because he did not have any contact with the cheerleader who is still cheering at games. Believe I read that from a post or two.

1 minute ago, Bills_06 said:

The thing I am confused about, Josh Helmuth from KSDK said he got the police report but Stu or Ashley Jost still haven't?  

I believe only the initial incident report has been provided, which I understand to be different from the full police report. 

Just now, GoBills73 said:

I think it is because he did not have any contact with the cheerleader who is still cheering at games. Believe I read that from a post or two.

That's the rumor/speculation.  It is also consistent with what others have said about Graves being repped by an outside lawyer, the length of suspension for Goodwin, etc.  

3 minutes ago, ARon said:

It also may mean that Ty is fed up and not bothering to appeal.

Or he and his attorney are taking a little longer to file an appeal (they have 3 biz days). Either way, it suggests to me that the punishments were effective immediately and the one player that played Saturday filed an appeal quickly.  Although it would have been quickly filed, I suspect the attorneys had the appeal 90% ready to go even before the final determination came out. 

13 minutes ago, papal said:

If they are appalled then they should close the case so the report can be released to the public. Once it is out and all the facts are known, people will be able to decide whether the players actions are worth the nuclear bomb that happened on Friday, a slap on the write or nothing at all. This idea of not closing the report as a favor to SLU or to keep the players names from going public is ridiculous if the police are appalled by the SLU results.

TheOne and GoBills73 like this

20 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

The other day I searched SLU’s people finder and Graves was the only one I couldn’t find. There was a Graves with the middle initial T. Didn’t know if Ty could be a middle name, so I didn’t want to post anything. 

That's him, his real name is Brian 

1 minute ago, kshoe said:

If they are appalled then they should close the case so the report can be released to the public. Once it is out and all the facts are known, people will be able to decide whether the players actions are worth the nuclear bomb that happened on Friday, a slap on the write or nothing at all. This idea of not closing the report as a favor to SLU or to keep the players names from going public is ridiculous if the police are appalled by the SLU results.

I believe the issue is not the police, but rather the St. Louis city prosecuting attorney. Most people who know her tell me that she’s a total fool. Apparently, over half her staff has resigned. 

8 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

I believe the issue is not the police, but rather the St. Louis city prosecuting attorney. Most people who know her tell me that she’s a total fool. Apparently, over half her staff has resigned. 

And Anna Kratky used to work in that office and still has friends there.  

anyone that ever donated even $1 to saint louis university needs to let the school know they will not do so ever again unless these punishments are reduced to Time served and probation at the most.   if you have donated considerably more than that $1 please, this is the time to call in it all in.  Make a personal or at the very least telephone call to the powers to be at saint louis university.   this school exists because of benefactors.   i believe at this point the benefactors are really the only thing that might change this as the people making the decisions on this case are either tremendously biased or stupid.   so now is the time to go to a higher power.