Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

59 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

You are wrong. Playing college basketball is a privilege, not a right. Student Athlete's need to be held to a HIGHER standard than the rest of the student population.

They are representatives of the University.

The players allegedly made a poor choice of having sex with women who they weren't on the same page as to whether the sex was consensual or not. If this were not true then there would be no investigation.

The players let their teammates, coach and fans down with the poor choice that they made.

Allegedly putting the encounter online and sharing it through the University was incredibly STUPID.

So stupid in fact you have to wonder if you would want them back at the University.

Unless you are a fan of the basketball team and only care about wins/losses.

Troll's daily post limit was used up before 8am. Sign of more good things to come today.

Go Bills.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I thought that this tweet being liked by Henriquez and Bishop was interesting. Also, Tony Murkens seems like a total dad who is new to social media. 

Confirmed via his first tweet:

I wasn't sure we'd hear from him again after his initial two-day grievance, but he's back!

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Confirmed via his first tweet:

I wasn't sure we'd hear from him again after his initial two-day grievance, but he's back!

Dude is the prototypical St. Louis dad. 

1) Cards/Busch Stadium 

2) Dad Hat

3) profess love of Sports

4) awesome shirt

5) hate on Rams. 

Love this dude. 

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

1) Cards/Busch Stadium 

2) Dad Hat

4) awesome shirt

5) hate on Rams. 

Love this dude. 

Yeah, it's enough to make you wonder if bots have gotten more sophisticated and now can take on the persona of regionally specific stereotypes.

18 hours ago, Pistol said:

This is probably another thread altogether, but Grand Forest needs to be torn down and replaced with quality student housing immediately. Those apartments felt like low-rent dumps when I was at SLU 12-16 years ago, and they haven't gotten any better with age.

My wife's cousin is a big-time high school swimmer being recruited everywhere right now. He's a junior so he's going on campus visits, and he said his favorite at the moment is Auburn because the athlete housing is so nice and has so many amenities. He said most schools are pretty close so far in terms of program, swimming facilities, coaches, etc., so that's the thing setting them apart. SLU needs to catch up in that department or they're going to have an increasingly tough time winning recruiting battles.

When most of your facilities are comparable to HS...Grand Forest shouldn't be the first thing to take care of IMO. 

4 minutes ago, TheGrandLife said:

When most of your facilities are comparable to HS...Grand Forest shouldn't be the first thing to take care of IMO. 

You must've gone to a pretty nice HS if it had better facilities than Chaifetz and its new locker rooms.

As for other buildings on campus, they're a mixed bag. No one cares about classrooms, though. The living spaces and basketball-related spaces are what matters to recruits. We have one taken care of; the other is in dire need of replacement.

4 minutes ago, Billboy1 said:

Injunction time? Let them play until a decision.

Depending on the player's situation, if they expect this to end soon (appeals and whatnot) its hard to recommend they play now and use a full year of eligibility if there is a risk that an appeal goes against them. A full season of eligibility for 1-2 games of court time would be the ultimate way to end this f'd up process. 

24 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

1) Cards/Busch Stadium 

2) Dad Hat

4) awesome shirt

5) hate on Rams. 

Love this dude. 

6) Wears all white New Balance sneakers

7) favorite type of joke is the pun

8) just created a Facebook profile 6 monhts ago

MattyMo213 and RiseAndGrind like this

6 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

6) Wears all white New Balance sneakers

7) favorite type of joke is the pun

8) just created a Facebook profile 6 monhts ago

9) Says, “Ope, I’m just gonna squeeze past ya” or “Just gonna slide right by ya” rather than “Excuse me”. 

1 hour ago, LindellWest said:

New semester, but remember, nothing is ever Freds fault, something about previous admin, complicated process, new dorms, being a nice guy, other repeatedly trotted out excuse, blah blah blah blah. .

and who cares if they are messing with the participants lives?   as long as krafty has the time to play with her baby and bake holiday cookies that is all that really matters.   and my gosh, i am sure pesty has some reception to attend.  

48 minutes ago, Pistol said:

You must've gone to a pretty nice HS if it had better facilities than Chaifetz and its new locker rooms.

As for other buildings on campus, they're a mixed bag. No one cares about classrooms, though. The living spaces and basketball-related spaces are what matters to recruits. We have one taken care of; the other is in dire need of replacement.

Facilities..Plural..Meant athletics across the board. Not the Fetz

2 hours ago, slufan13 said:

I thought that this tweet being liked by Henriquez and Bishop was interesting. Also, Tony Murkens seems like a total dad who is new to social media. 

I love the "you jerk" at the end.

I can picture him sitting at his computer debating on if he should hit send. "Hmm that's pretty strong words maybe I better not send it. Screw it I'm going to let him have it."

slufan13 likes this

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I love the "you jerk" at the end.

I can picture him sitting at his computer debating on if he should hit send. "Hmm that's pretty strong words maybe I better not send it. Screw it I'm going to let him have it."

HAHA +1

Probably feels guilty about it still, maybe keeps him up a bit at night. 

27 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Just gained a follower.

Tony Murkens (or "T Murks" as I call him) looks like he smokes a good pack/pack and a half a day. I love it.  The only joy I've gotten out of this entire sh*t show is anxiously awaiting T Murks next burn notice tweet to Fred!

dlarry likes this