Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

I'm still not worried about Ford leaving without some sort of success on the floor.  What program would hire a coach that got fired at the Big Ten level and then had 0 winning seasons in the A10?  Going to the Valley?  Ohio Valley?  Not worried at all right now and not worried about finding a replacement if Travis wants to commit career suicide...... 

Had 0 winning seasons in the A10??? In 2006-2007 he was 13 - 3 in the A10 and won the conference. He followed that up with a 10 - 6 conference mark.    I get it you don't like Ford but don't distort his record to make your argument. His record last year was remarkable considering we were picked for last and some on this board were speculating we wouldn't win a conference game.

7 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Had 0 winning seasons in the A10??? In 2006-2007 he was 13 - 3 in the A10 and won the conference. He followed that up with a 10 - 6 conference mark.    I get it you don't like Ford but don't distort his record to make your argument. His record last year was remarkable considering we were picked for last and some on this board were speculating we wouldn't win a conference game.

Ancient history for Ford's first time around in the A10...........Why don't you bring up his career shooting percentage in highschool too.  

I do not hate Ford but I don't see him as a great or irreplaceable coach.  If he takes a walk at this point I'd be shocked if it was to a higher level program than us. 

3 hours ago, Bills_06 said:

So now, give them a couple of weeks so the lawyers and involved parties can get their act together before they raise whatever objections, complaints, and appeals they may have to present about the report that will be discussed with them. Allow another 6 months for the appeals to run through and then we can come to the second review of the (now amended) report to be followed by the second round of objections, complaints, and appeals that will have to run in their own sweet time. Maybe this will be over before the start of the 2018-19 season. Aren't government regulations a lot of fun?

18 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Ancient history for Ford's first time around in the A10...........Why don't you bring up his career shooting percentage in highschool too.  

I do not hate Ford but I don't see him as a great or irreplaceable coach.  If he takes a walk at this point I'd be shocked if it was to a higher level program than us. 

Hey, Rich...stop being an ass.  You have made more than one post suggesting Ford is an average or less coach.  You criticize his work with a roster that everyone acknowledges is severely lacking.  You attempted to then denigrate Ford by claiming he has never had a winning season in the A10.  When I point out that he had won the A10 you make a smart assed comment about his free throw shooting.  As I said before, the situation has frustrated everyone but take it out on Fred and not Ford and fellow posters.

VeniceMenace likes this

2 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

My biggest issue is the interim suspension, which seems to be a fairly rare step.  Further, it seems the players are able to otherwise enjoy most all other rights and privileges of a student-athlete.  

+1

reinstate the boys immediately and give the accusers’ attorney all the time he wants and then some ...  in fact, keep them reinstated and then let the appeals take all the time the parties want to ensure fairness for all. 

As to Rosenblum, the boys should be thanking him for not facing criminal charges. To all who think he is super lawyer on non criminal issues, wonder why the boys did not file Title IX charges of their own. Had they done so, they would be deemed victims of Title IX abuse and likely not have been suspended on an interim basis. Good advice for those with college age boys - the best defense is a good offense. 

2 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Hey, Rich...stop being an ass.  You have made more than one post suggesting Ford is an average or less coach.  You criticize his work with a roster that everyone acknowledges is severely lacking.  You attempted to then denigrate Ford by claiming he has never had a winning season in the A10.  When I point out that he had won the A10 you make a smart assed comment about his free throw shooting.  As I said before, the situation has frustrated everyone but take it out on Fred and not Ford and fellow posters.

Mrs Ford.  I am sorry to say that I don't think your son is irreplaceable as coach of the Billikens.  I am happy with his recruiting and his floor coaching last year was hard to criticize given the players we had on the floor.  This year it is easier to criticize your boy because we have some great players but are still short handed due to all of his players not being eligible.  I don't totally blame your boy for the actions of his players so don't think I'm being unfair.  If you look at what I wrote you'll see that I was referencing his coaching from getting fired at OSU and then not having a winning season with us:

"I'm still not worried about Ford leaving without some sort of success on the floor.  What program would hire a coach that got fired at the Big Ten level and then had 0 winning seasons in the A10?"

I think my statement was fair. The key words  are "and then." 

If you got fired from AB and then failed with your microbrewery startup partially because guys you hired got drunk and couldn't come to work, I don't think that qualifies you for a higher level job.  Again I don't want your boy to leave but if he did it wouldn't be the end of the world although there is no denying it would be a major setback.

4 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Mrs Ford.  I am sorry to say that I don't think your son is irreplaceable as coach of the Billikens.  I am happy with his recruiting and his floor coaching last year was hard to criticize given the players we had on the floor.  This year it is easier to criticize your boy because we have some great players but are still short handed due to all of his players not being eligible.  I don't totally blame your boy for the actions of his players so don't think I'm being unfair.  If you look at what I wrote you'll see that I was referencing his coaching from getting fired at OSU and then not having a winning season with us:

"I'm still not worried about Ford leaving without some sort of success on the floor.  What program would hire a coach that got fired at the Big Ten level and then had 0 winning seasons in the A10?"

I think my statement was fair. The key words  are "and then." 

If you got fired from AB and then failed with your microbrewery startup partially because guys you hired got drunk and couldn't come to work, I don't think that qualifies you for a higher level job.  Again I don't want your boy to leave but if he did it wouldn't be the end of the world although there is no denying it would be a major setback.

Wow... What a clever reply.  Mrs. Ford.....really, is that the best you can do??? I wasn't the least bit unfair to you, Rich. I simply challenged your view with some facts and you resort to a childish temper tantrum.  Get a grip, Rich.

5 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Wow... What a clever reply.  Mrs. Ford.....really, is that the best you can do??? I wasn't the least bit unfair to you, Rich. I simply challenged your view with some facts and you resort to a childish temper tantrum.  Get a grip, Rich.

I said he was fired from the big ten (actually 12) AND THEN had 0 winning seasons in the A10, which is chronologically correct.   You need to get a grip man,  your "challenge" is completely absurd.  

CBFan and HenryB like this

With the Davidson result, the Billikens' de facto record is 7-4-4. 

Absent Situation 2.0 and the resultant interim suspensions, Detroit Mercy, @ Oregon State, and @ Davidson would have all been SLU Wins, and Western Michigan more likely than not would have been a SLU Win.  Some add Houston to that category, but for these purposes, I can't go that far given that SLU lost that game by 19 points.

As for SLU Situation 2.0, today is Day 102.

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Well at least I know I don't have to constantly check this site for updates until the 15th. 

This is unbelievable.  

What buffoon decided it was a good idea to have a bunch of nitwits lead this operation. 

52 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I said he was fired from the big ten (actually 12) AND THEN had 0 winning seasons in the A10, which is chronologically correct.   You need to get a grip man,  your "challenge" is completely absurd.  

You are wasting your time arguing with this clown put him on ignore like I did.

They might as well just shut down everything as any decision will be too late to benefit any of the people involved.  This has dragged on too long and has done a lot of harm to the program and school. Maybe the accused should file their own complaints against the other side. 

Here's hoping the book written about the inside machinations of the S2 scandal will contain as many bombshells as the book on the Trump campaign/so-called presidency.