GDT Bills v. Dave's Son Fighting Steph Curries

Just now, HoosierPal said:

What has happened to Bess' jump shot / free throws?  He is reverting back to his career averages. 

True.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

French needs to shoot 1,000 free throws next practice

He could shoot 10000 and it wouldn't help until he changes the way he shoots. He pushes the ball off his right hand instead of letting it just guide the shot.  I think he does it for backspin but it doesn't work.

6 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Bess likely will decline in efficiency as fatigue grows throughout the year. The simple fact is that games will be lost like this as long as there is not a more complete roster. 

Yep. And it's hard to get mad at the guys on the floor when this is the case. There's just a lot more pressure on all of them. This team would look so different with those missing players inserted.

johnbj14 and David King like this

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

That's an interesting way to get through this s*#^ show of a season.

How's it working?

Does it dull the pain and frustration?

Cracks not strong enough.

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yep. And it's hard to get mad at the guys on the floor when this is the case. There's just a lot more pressure on all of them. This team would look so different with those missing players inserted.

It's so hard seeing the depleted roster do everything they can but lose because there's no help coming from the bench. These players we have deserve better. 

21 minutes ago, slusam said:

He could shoot 10000 and it wouldn't help until he changes the way he shoots. He pushes the ball off his right hand instead of letting it just guide the shot.  I think he does it for backspin but it doesn't work.

I am surprised our coaches haven’t tried to correct this. He will never shoot a decent percent with his current form. 

1 minute ago, JettFlight5 said:

It's so hard seeing the depleted roster do everything they can but lose because there's no help coming from the bench. These players we have deserve better. 

They really do. I'm frustrated with Foreman and Anthony for not being able to give us any production, for whatever reason. I get frustrated with Hines being a chucker when he should be thinking about playing defense, moving the ball around, and being a team player. And I get frustrated at other guys in certain moments.

But overall, I have to keep reminding myself that they have no depth, they're missing two perimeter players, they're all being asked to play bigger minutes, they can't play the style they otherwise would, and all of these things take a toll, especially as games wear on (and the season wears on). This isn't going to get better unless we get those guys back.

Fatigue yes,but the reason we lose these games is we don’t have anyone who can shoot the ball. In spite of what Ford said you just aren’t going to win a lot of games shooting 35% from the field and 50% from the line. Without AD and Bishop it’s not going to change. 

9 minutes ago, willie said:

I’m watching Missouri beat SC on tv. They are not a great team be they have a bunch of shooters. I pray Pearson and Thatch can shoot 3’s 

Our guys shoot great outside. Once they come inside the gym though, that changes.

37 minutes ago, willie said:

Fatigue yes,but the reason we lose these games is we don’t have anyone who can shoot the ball. In spite of what Ford said you just aren’t going to win a lot of games shooting 35% from the field and 50% from the line. Without AD and Bishop it’s not going to change. 

LaSalle played 7, we played 8.  Tonight, Davidson played (basically) 8, we played 8.  Bess and Goodwin are 11th and 15th in minutes per game in the A10.  Then Johnson is 40th and Roby 44th.  Shooting woes, yes, fatigue not so much.  Every team is going with 7 to 9 rotation.

31 minutes ago, Pistol said:

They really do. I'm frustrated with Foreman and Anthony for not being able to give us any production, for whatever reason. I get frustrated with Hines being a chucker when he should be thinking about playing defense, moving the ball around, and being a team player. And I get frustrated at other guys in certain moments.

But overall, I have to keep reminding myself that they have no depth, they're missing two perimeter players, they're all being asked to play bigger minutes, they can't play the style they otherwise would, and all of these things take a toll, especially as games wear on (and the season wears on). This isn't going to get better unless we get those guys back.

I thought it was interesting to see coach switch hines in for defense the last few possessions

1 minute ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I don’t know whether the missing players would even make that much of a difference. Kind of getting hard to care about it anymore.

Disagree completely. We lost by 3 on the road and had a chance to tie at the end and put it into OT. You don't think two perimeter players would make a difference on such a poor shooting team? 

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

Bess likely will decline in efficiency as fatigue grows throughout the year. The simple fact is that games will be lost like this as long as there is not a more complete roster. 

This season is a joke. I didn’t watch because I wasn’t paying $6 to watch a team my own school administration can’t get behind. I tried the free streams for the second half, but when I couldn’t get them to work I didn’t give a sh1t. I gave way more of an effort to watch Crews teams that I knew were god awful. The mystery “we don’t have to give a single university comment regarding these” interim suspensions are crazy. Leading the charge on guilty until proven innocent. Go SLU. Proud alum 

We play the 8 we have every night, not the 8 that give us the best chance to win, so not sure what comparing rotation with other schools does for anyone. It’s been mentioned, but is Ford coaching practice using the suspended guys as merely bodies, or is he using them as players who could be eligible at a game’s notice? No one knows! F**k this season. Thanks for listening! 

Edit: johnbj I’m not sure why I quoted your post but it made more sense originally... I agree with you