GDT Bills v. Dave's Son Fighting Steph Curries

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

LaSalle played 7, we played 8.  Tonight, Davidson played (basically) 8, we played 8.  Bess and Goodwin are 11th and 15th in minutes per game in the A10.  Then Johnson is 40th and Roby 44th.  Shooting woes, yes, fatigue not so much.  Every team is going with 7 to 9 rotation.

but every team doesnt have 3-4 guys that arent good enough to play at this level in their 7-9 rotation.   we not only have such in our rotation, we let a couple of them play big minutes.    we are what we are but until we have a full roster with no crewsplatt players and our two newbies that didnt pan out at all, we are nothing better than a 500 team at best.   

VeniceMenace likes this

7 hours ago, JMM28 said:

Travis Ford should be fired if Aaron Hines continues to shoot 5+ shots a game. And I’m not really joking. 

i dont want hines on the team either.   but what choice do we have that is much better?   got to continue to recruit.  and start over again.   keep french, goodwin, johnson, and bess hope santos is a player and recruit about 7 new players.   love to include henriquez and graves but i am assuming they will never see the floor.   i said it would be at least 5  more years when ford came in,   i was hoping i was wrong.

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

Disagree completely. We lost by 3 on the road and had a chance to tie at the end and put it into OT. You don't think two perimeter players would make a difference on such a poor shooting team? 

Right, but it feels like either 5th place or 8th place in the conference. Hopefully this is proven wrong.  But with the players out yesterday, I feel like they are gone for the year now.

7 minutes ago, David King said:

I'm not giving up hope until around March 1st. If they could just get re-instated before the A-10 tournament, we could still Dance. 

Postseason is utter nonsense. We may be able to win some games, howver.

It doesnt matter, anyone who thinks this is ending any time soon is delusional. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that any of those guys will ever play basketball for SLU whatsoever. I dont expect them to be on the roster by June.

21 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Postseason is utter nonsense. We may be able to win some games, howver.

It doesnt matter, anyone who thinks this is ending any time soon is delusional. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that any of those guys will ever play basketball for SLU whatsoever. I dont expect them to be on the roster by June.

I thought the same thing until the end of the semester and the 3 did not transfer.

If it plays out this way why wouldn't the 3 transfer now and move on instead of waiting?

14 minutes ago, Billboy1 said:

Agree that they would have already left if no light at the end.  Even if they return it will be too late for the team.

Maybe for this year (they could surprise in the conference tournament ). It definitely will help  for next year

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

We did hold Davidson the the lowest 3% of any of our opponents this year-by a wind margin.  4 of 23 for 17%.  At least that is something.  Not a W, but.....whatever.

and about 10 of those misses they were wideeeeee open.  Wouldn't take too much into that stat

On 1/4/2018 at 9:22 AM, billikenfan05 said:

I agree with this 

In the continual tug-rope that this whole situation is:

1. Transferring is essentially an admission of guilt

2. With every waking day/game, another opportunity for these kids to play is wasted, so the accusers are simply trying to break them.

3. If the three had any shot at professional basketball, they could also retain counsel and bring up civil charges against the accusers about possible lost wages because of this. I don't know if this would have any merit, and obviously they'd have to renounce their amateur status, but it's a possibility. 

40 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

It will work out just fine if he lands Ramey with the open scholarship.

Wow that's a stretch.  If Ramey wants to lower his standards and head to Columbia, Martin would simply kick someone off the team, if in fact he needs a schollie.

Just now, Box and Won said:

Not really.

Whatever you want to belief is fine.  Your belief in Martin's integrity is admirable.

If I remember correctly, Martin had to study each players grade point from last year, as he selected those to dump.  He didn't want to get the team average below the mendoza line.  He had to create space for his four new players.  He did it once, he'll do it again. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Wow that's a stretch.  If Ramey wants to lower his standards and head to Columbia, Martin would simply kick someone off the team, if in fact he needs a schollie.

Not sure how thats a stretch.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Whatever you want to belief is fine.  Your belief in Martin's integrity is admirable.

If I remember correctly, Martin had to study each players grade point from last year, as he selected those to dump.  He didn't want to get the team average below the mendoza line.  He had to create space for his four new players.  He did it once, he'll do it again. 

I have no opinion on Martin's integrity.  I do know that one way or another, he seems to be getting results on the recruiting front.  Landing Ramey seems perfectly feasible.