GDT. No mercy on Detroit

CBFan

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, NH said:

Looks like Roby got benched at some point. I think Ford may have wanted Hines as a secondary ballhandler to go with Goodwin.

That is a bad, bad loss and I don’t want to see many more like that in the Ford era. That is the type of loss this team is susceptible to, when we don’t have perimeter defenders and we can’t shoot worth a lick. The three players missing fill the exact holes we have right now. Need them back soon or we could be in store for more of these painful games.

This loss is on Ford. There was no offense.

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Why wasn't Roby playing?

Why wasn't Bess involved?

Why can't any Bills team shoot FTs?

Roby got into it with ford about the first timeout of the second half.

Detroit came out from the onset denying Bess the ball.   

As 3 star has posted many times, the billikens don't recruit good free throw shooters.

Ugly game.   Imo Bess has to find a way to get the ball and Goodwin has to shake this shooting slump.   They are the stars.  They need to get it done.   If not, then that gives Hines and roby the opportunity.   That'll never work. 

This team needs henriquez badly.  If not 500 team at best.

28 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

This loss is on Ford. There was no offense.

When your team can't hit a shot outside of 10 feet, which is most games, they are very easy to defend.  We already knew this team's Achilles heel before the season started. They've just been able to compensate to this point through rebounding and defense.

But the book is out on this incarnation of this team. Opposing teams are going to dare Goodwin to hit a jump shot and force Hines to take jump shots. We're playing 3 on 5 out there.

7 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

When your team can't hit a shot outside of 10 feet, which is most games, they are very easy to defend.  We already knew this team' Achilles heel before the season started. They've just been able to compensate to this point through rebounding and defense.

But the book is out on this incarnation of this team. Opposing teams are going to dare Goodwin to hit a jump shot and force Hines to take jump shots. We're playing 3 on 5 out there.

I get that but there was no attempt to HAVE HINES STOP SHOOTING

I think Detroit's assistant coach got them to play over their heads- dude's last shot was certainly crap, but it went in.  I was mystified by Roby's long absence in the second half.  We do need reinforcements, but for whatever reason I am not too worked up by tonight's loss.