GDT: SLU vs Rockhurst

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

I coached against Deiner when he was at Cardinal Stritch and I was at Harris-Stowe. They were ranked #16 in the country. We went into their gym and upset them

http://www.hornetsathletics.com/SIDHelp/m/a|105.php

That was a great game!  As I recall, the Hollins kid really lit it up. It was an extremely good win against a very good team, AND on the road!

17 minutes ago, NH said:

Does this count for our record?

Somewhat. SLU will count it, the stats will count toward the players' career totals, but it won't count in the eyes of any selection committees, the RPI, or any other computer ratings.

So basically, its like playing a team with a 325+ RPI, only without the hit to your strength of schedule.

53 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Somewhat. SLU will count it, the stats will count toward the players' career totals, but it won't count in the eyes of any selection committees, the RPI, or any other computer ratings.

So basically, its like playing a team with a 325+ RPI, only without the hit to your strength of schedule.

Was just making light of the timeless debate for these games. That post is helpful though. With such a new squad we could use as many of these tune up games as possible.

1 hour ago, David King said:

That was a great game!  As I recall, the Hollins kid really lit it up. It was an extremely good win against a very good team, AND on the road!

Yeah, it was. It was a home game for Hollins for his senior year. Hollins maybe had the best 4 year career in school history. Freshman of the year in the league, all conference twice. Honorable mention All American.

40 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Yeah, it was. It was a home game for Hollins for his senior year. Hollins maybe had the best 4 year career in school history. Freshman of the year in the league, all conference twice. Honorable mention All American.

Terry Hollins? I went to high school with him - incredible player.

4 minutes ago, almaman said:

great tv has Earl n Rammer audio

Loving that arrangement.

Hasahn French looks like a fifth-year senior. Rebounds, blocks, werewolving it up all over the court.

Jalen Johnson is so nice when he plays with confidence. 6 points on two long 3-pointers.