Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

17 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

All I can think of when I read this is that "f'er from Minnesota". The pre-Majerus posters will get it... 

Pretty sure he is talking about jett

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I am sure he is talking about Jess - the football reference is the key.  Clarke was from MN but Ahearn was not - StL

It was just a joke for nostalgia purposes. I think everybody know's he is talking about Jett. 

I'm pretty sure this one made it on the Billikens.com t-shirt. I'll have to pull mine out and double check. 

Has anyone watched Webster's Ray Adams?

He has no D1 offers(that im aware of)

He'll be entering his senior year, and this will essentially be his team now.  I could see his recruiting turning up a notch. 

He lacks ball control, speed, and defense.  But he has to be one of the best pure shooters i've ever seen at the high school level. I believe he shot near 50% from 3, and an excellent FT shooter. 

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

He'll be entering his senior year, and this will essentially be his team now.  I could see his recruiting turning up a notch. 

He lacks ball control, speed, and defense.  But he has to be one of the best pure shooters i've ever seen at the high school level. I believe he shot near 50% from 3, and an excellent FT shooter. 

Should be a good D2 player

29 minutes ago, wgstl said:

If you would have said “he can only go right” you’re basically describing every Simon Rec player 

TFord and TRavs likes this

20 hours ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

It was just a joke for nostalgia purposes. I think everybody know's he is talking about Jett. 

I'm pretty sure this one made it on the Billikens.com t-shirt. I'll have to pull mine out and double check. 

Wait......Billikens.com Tshirts?

11 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

I'll try to dig it up and post a picture. I'd say it was over 10 years ago now. 

Like about 18 years ago. I remember wearing mine to a game in Louisville. Long sleeves. I wore it just yesterday. Sucker's held up nice.

58 minutes ago, LindellWest said:

Wait......Billikens.com Tshirts?

No, it was pre Jet. Actually Romar was still the HC.

Throwback Tuesday:

On the back:

You know you are a Billikens.com poster if:

10) You absolutely love it when P Diddy hears the streets talking

9) You think this shirt was marketed better than anything SLU offers

8) You know you can be banned by an Admin who can't buy you a beer (he was just a young'un back then)

7.)You are glad you are not SPUMAC

6.) You'll never forget those "Baby Blues"

5.) The word tseugnekillib makes sense to you

4.) You eat 3 square meals of Gruehls a day

3.) Roy is a guy who hates Tigers and doesn't hang with Siegfried

2.) You get all of the above

1.) You know what it is tough to be.....

TheDude and NextYearBill like this

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

No, it was pre Jet. Actually Romar was still the HC.

Throwback Tuesday:

On the back:

You know you are a Billikens.com poster if:

10) You absolutely love it when P Diddy hears the streets talking

9) You think this shirt was marketed better than anything SLU offers

8) You know you can be banned by an Admin who can't buy you a beer (he was just a young'un back then)

7.)You are glad you are not SPUMAC

6.) You'll never forget those "Baby Blues"

5.) The word tseugnekillib makes sense to you

4.) You eat 3 square meals of Gruehls a day

3.) Roy is a guy who hates Tigers and doesn't hang with Siegfried

2.) You get all of the above

1.) You know what it is tough to be.....

Actually, it says (I still have and wear mine when it's during the cooler months), "Too.) You get the joke."

That was a reference to one-time board member Triangle andToo, who would type "too" even when proper usage calls for "to" or "two."

34 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Actually, it says (I still have and wear mine when it's during the cooler months), "Too.) You get the joke."

That was a reference to one-time board member Triangle andToo, who would type "too" even when proper usage calls for "to" or "two."

I became Box and Won to troll Triangle and Too.  Man, that was a long time ago.

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Does anyone know what happened to 3_Star? Just hope he/she is alright. Noticed they haven't posted in a while. 

3 Star left during the whole Situation 2 fiasco. He was pretty upset at how it all went down, it seemed.

Can't remember exactly what made pdiddy leave, but I think another poster offended him or something like that.

I'm pretty sure Pdiddy posts under another moniker.  If he is who I think he is he doesn't have Billikens access as much anymore but is still tuned into the STL scene at large.

21 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Not much of an update here, but Frank said that SLU still expects to get Yuri on campus soon and feels very good about where they stand with him even with all of his offers lately.

I want to echo the comment I made a few months back when I first mentioned Yuri as a SLU target.  Although his recruiting has picked up a bit, I’m told SLU is still a (if not THE) lead dog in his recruitment and feels good that they have a real shot at landing him.

SLURadioBoy likes this

1 minute ago, TheOne said:

I want to echo the comment I made a few months back when I first mentioned Yuri as a SLU target.  Although his recruiting has picked up a bit, I’m told SLU is still a (if not THE) lead dog in his recruitment and feels good that they have a real shot at landing him.

Thank you for the updates I really appreciate your posts.

TheOne likes this

8 minutes ago, TheOne said:

and what have you heard on the billikens positioning of Yuri's favorite summer teamate, liddell?   the guru's rarely mention us but have you heard differently?