Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

Chris Ledlum - SF, 6-6, 200 - Staten Island, NY (St. Peter's) - Twitter: @chris_ledlum

Offers: SLU, UMass, St. Bonaventure, St. John's, Bowling Green, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Lehigh, Manhattan, Hofstra, Stony Brook, Binghamton, Marist, New Orleans, NJIT.

Interest: Fordham, Princeton, Quinnipiac.

Latest News: Ledlum received nine offers after a great performance for the NY Jayhawks at the adidas Gauntlet event in Atlanta this weekend, where he led all scorers and finished fourth in rebounding. (5/2/18)

Scouting Report: Ledlum has big-time scoring ability and can fill it up from all three levels. He's an excellent athlete with a solid frame and is being recruited nationally as a WR in football. He's a strong finisher with explosiveness and leaping ability, and has gained a reputation as a highlight reel dunker. But he can really shoot it, too. He's also a high-level student with a 4.0 GPA.

-Like Roddy, he's a two-sport star being recruited for both football and basketball and had a big weekend. And like Roddy, he's versatile and athletic, but instead of being a thicker QB, he's an explosive WR with leaping ability, great hands, and really just hit the national radar with his complete scoring ability on display. He led all scorers this weekend in Atlanta for the NY Jayhawks, was the fourth leading rebounder, hit 41% of his 3-pointers, went 62% from the field overall, got to the line a bunch, and threw down some big dunks. He's from Staten Island and plays in the strong CHSAA, the NYC area Catholic boys league that SLU has been recruiting hard since this staff took over. Locals have been singing his praises on Twitter all season, and a smaller number of schools offered early, but SLU is part of the second wave.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Chris Ledlum - SF, 6-6, 200 - Staten Island, NY (St. Peter's) - Twitter: @chris_ledlum

Offers: SLU, UMass, St. Bonaventure, St. John's, Bowling Green, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Lehigh, Manhattan, Hofstra, Stony Brook, Binghamton, Marist, New Orleans, NJIT.

Interest: Fordham, Princeton, Quinnipiac.

Latest News: Ledlum received nine offers after a great performance for the NY Jayhawks at the adidas Gauntlet event in Atlanta this weekend, where he led all scorers and finished fourth in rebounding. (5/2/18)

Scouting Report: Ledlum has big-time scoring ability and can fill it up from all three levels. He's an excellent athlete with a solid frame and is being recruited nationally as a WR in football. He's a strong finisher with explosiveness and leaping ability, and has gained a reputation as a highlight reel dunker. But he can really shoot it, too. He's also a high-level student with a 4.0 GPA.

-Like Roddy, he's a two-sport star being recruited for both football and basketball and had a big weekend. And like Roddy, he's versatile and athletic, but instead of being a thicker QB, he's an explosive WR with leaping ability, great hands, and really just hit the national radar with his complete scoring ability on display. He led all scorers this weekend in Atlanta for the NY Jayhawks, was the fourth leading rebounder, hit 41% of his 3-pointers, went 62% from the field overall, got to the line a bunch, and threw down some big dunks. He's from Staten Island and plays in the strong CHSAA, the NYC area Catholic boys league that SLU has been recruiting hard since this staff took over. Locals have been singing his praises on Twitter all season, and a smaller number of schools offered early, but SLU is part of the second wave.

PSA to the board:  go watch this guy’s highlights on YouTube. One of the most ridiculous dunkers I’ve ever seen. 

If we had him and Jacobs on the same team... oh boy. 

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

PSA to the board:  go watch this guy’s highlights on YouTube. One of the most ridiculous dunkers I’ve ever seen. 

If we had him and Jacobs on the same team... oh boy. 

Yeah, he's a fun one. Wish we were on him a little sooner, because we risk getting lost in the shuffle, but we do recruit the area well and appear to be expanding our relationship beyond just the PSA Cardinals program (which our coaches have been watching nonstop on the EYBL circuit). This is two offers in the past day to NY Jayhawks players; they're on the adidas Gauntlet circuit.

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Another kid that also plays football.  Looks like Dr. P reads the board and is really bummed we missed out on @Will Patterson

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

and what have you heard on the billikens positioning of Yuri's favorite summer teamate, liddell?   the guru's rarely mention us but have you heard differently?

I’m not sure of what Liddell’s thinking is, but I can assure you that SLU is working hard and they still consider themselves “in the picture”.

2 hours ago, TheOne said:

I want to echo the comment I made a few months back when I first mentioned Yuri as a SLU target.  Although his recruiting has picked up a bit, I’m told SLU is still a (if not THE) lead dog in his recruitment and feels good that they have a real shot at landing him.

I wish this was a "SLU is at the 1 yard line" with Yuri post, but I'll take it.

On another note: we need another body to fill out the last scholarship. Wonder what happened with larry austin. Thought we had a good shot with him 

1 hour ago, TheOne said:

I’m not sure of what Liddell’s thinking is, but I can assure you that SLU is working hard and they still consider themselves “in the picture”.

It seems Liddell is one that doesn't have any favorites and is really taking time to meet all the coaches to get a feel for what he wants.  Of course I read an article by a Mizzou writer and they think it's between them and Illinois because he is tagged in twitter fights between Mizzou and Illinois fans.  Found that to be a very odd conclusion to draw.  

I know this to not be true but I’m wondering if we might hold out some scholarships for higher level players after we have an outstanding season this year. Attract some players who might not have thought about coming until we got our name out there that we’re serious business now. 

12 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

He did. I was just saying I think he would have been a good "last scholarship" addition to next year's squad. I'm not a fan of "saving" scholarships. 

I think Ford was looking for shooters. Austin can't and won't shoot threes.

29 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

I know this to not be true but I’m wondering if we might hold out some scholarships for higher level players after we have an outstanding season this year. Attract some players who might not have thought about coming until we got our name out there that we’re serious business now. 

I'm hoping this is the case with the 2019 class, but we really could use another guy with PG skills and preferably some perimeter shooting ability. A grad transfer like Coleman would've fit the bill really well.

But yeah, if we can make a little noise this year, I'd like to see that turn into a statement class for 2019.

6 minutes ago, slusam said:

I think Ford was looking for shooters. Austin can't and won't shoot threes.

This is total 20/20 hindsight, but......................

If Austin really did want to come here, we should have took the commit when we had the chance.  We need a player that can help run the offense.  I think we might have got a little greedy.

32 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

A grad transfer is just like banking a scholarship.  

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

It seems Liddell is one that doesn't have any favorites and is really taking time to meet all the coaches to get a feel for what he wants.  Of course I read an article by a Mizzou writer and they think it's between them and Illinois because he is tagged in twitter fights between Mizzou and Illinois fans.  Found that to be a very odd conclusion to draw.  

I saw that yesterday. It's pretty entertaining to see them going back and forth over Liddell as if he's not a top-50 player who can go just about anywhere he wants. He could very well end up at one of those two, but get a grip, people.

I think your read on Liddell is correct. He's a bright kid, taking his time, letting it play out, and putting a lot of thought into the best fit for him. Every interview I've seen seems to indicate this approach.

He's not going to let warring fan bases on Twitter persuade him, and in fact recently told a reporter that he found it amusing; the reporter said he'd be annoyed and was impressed that Liddell could look at it that way.

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This is total 20/20 hindsight, but......................

If Austin really did want to come here, we should have took the commit when we had the chance.  We need a player that can help run the offense.  I think we might have got a little greedy.

Hindsight is always 20/20. They likely thought they were in good shape with Coleman from Samford until the big boys got involved and he ended up at Arizona. I bet you are right that at this point they wish they had Austin, but at the time you make a decision you have to weigh the probabilities with the upside. I can't really fault them for that.

3 hours ago, TheOne said:

In your opinion, are Collins and Liddell the staff's top two targets for 2019? Or are we overlooking someone else like Hargrove?

20 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

My idea was that we won’t land a solid grad transfer with a poor record. Think about it. Those guys either feel like they wasted their potential at their previous school or want to win 

Im 99% sure players look at a schools roster talent when making a decision. 

21 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

My idea was that we won’t land a solid grad transfer with a poor record. Think about it. Those guys either feel like they wasted their potential at their previous school or want to win 

That's why Mizzou didn't get a solid grad transfer before last season coming off an 8-23 season, other than Kassius Robertson who led them in scoring?  

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

@Bills_06 will enjoy this.

The fact that a 17-year old has to post this is disgusting.  I'm all for following recruiting, but people (likely adults) starting rumors regarding a kid's college choice is absurd.   

9 minutes ago, Pistol said:

That's funny and sad at the same time.  Sure there will be more arguments between Mizzou and Illinois fans in his reply to that tweet leading to the other fan base saying he committed there.  Guessing the rumor was one of those two?  Never even heard it.  I just couldn't believe Rock M Nation said "By now, we know it's likely a two team race" and linked an article that said he sees the arguments between the two fan bases in his mentions. 

22 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

That's funny and sad at the same time.  Sure there will be more arguments between Mizzou and Illinois fans in his reply to that tweet leading to the other fan base saying he committed there.  Guessing the rumor was one of those two?  Never even heard it.  I just couldn't believe Rock M Nation said "By now, we know it's likely a two team race" and linked an article that said he sees the arguments between the two fan bases in his mentions. 

The two most ridiculous and over inflated fan bases in the country. Good job guys. 

Also Rock M. Nation is obviously a fan blog but it's not super reliable. They had Courtney Ramey not interested, then almost committed, then "oh it was never going to happen." They had Blake Hinson to Mizzou and he's going to Ole Miss.

I think they said *after Ramey committed to Texas* that Martin showed everyone you have to go through him to get recruits. 

Congrats, Shaka and Travis both "went through" martin. STFU.

brianstl likes this