Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

If you are moving from one state to another state there will be different eligibility rules at play.  I would find it very hard to believe that if you change high schools from MO to IL that they would require you to prove you have moved although given that he wants to attend a public school on the east side then he would have to live in that district so the proving of moving would seem to be moot.  

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Lawrence Brazil left CBC and played for Belleville West this past season.  I believe he was originally from Illinois so that move was a little easier 

assuming he lived in the belleville west school district i agree.   

if when he was at cbc he lived in say the highland illinois school district, then the Brazil family would have had to physically moved to the west school district.    i.e. unless they already live in the district concerned, it is no easier transferring into the school district just because they already live in illinois rather than missouri.   it will require the same physical move by the family concerned.   

20 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

If you are moving from one state to another state there will be different eligibility rules at play.  I would find it very hard to believe that if you change high schools from MO to IL that they would require you to prove you have moved although given that he wants to attend a public school on the east side then he would have to live in that district so the proving of moving would seem to be moot.  

regardless of where a student comes from, when tranfering into an illinois public school, the student  has to prove he and his/her guardian lives in that school district to attend that particular school.

6 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

regardless of where a student comes from, when tranfering into an illinois public school, the student  has to prove he and his/her guardian lives in that school district to attend that particular school.

Thanks Roy, I knew I should have just gone to the official Billikens.com east side source.

well of course i am telling you the way it is supposed to work.   i am sure there are schools in that quaint little village near the indiana and wisconsin border that makes up their own rules.  

32 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

assuming he lived in the belleville west school district i agree.   

if when he was at cbc he lived in say the highland illinois school district, then the Brazil family would have had to physically moved to the west school district.    i.e. unless they already live in the district concerned, it is no easier transferring into the school district just because they already live in illinois rather than missouri.   it will require the same physical move by the family concerned.   

Yeah.  He lived in the district prior to attending CBC.  

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

I believe that is what I said

On 5/10/2018 at 8:38 AM, Coach314 said:

Yuri to Belleville is the rumor that's been floating around for months.  St. Mary's had 10-11 seniors last year.  

Does anyone know if Yuri and EJ are tight? Is that why Yuri would be considering this or does he want a chance to get more exposure and win a state title?

12 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Does anyone know if Yuri and EJ are tight? Is that why Yuri would be considering this or does he want a chance to get more exposure and win a state title?

When I first heard the rumor...I was told it was for a chance to win the state title.  He thought this past season would be his chance to make it to state.  With the offer flowing in...he could have a chance for a title plus more exposure.  If he doesn't commit early.

Also hearing Belleville West might play Vashon this coming season.  

1 hour ago, STLsportsfan said:

Okoro to Oregon 

Our buddy Roy Schmidt struck out on that prediction.  Was saying at 7 PM he is a lock for Illinois.  Blames it on his handlers steering him to Oregon.

TheChosenOne likes this

5 hours ago, thetorch said:

Our buddy Roy Schmidt struck out on that prediction.  Was saying at 7 PM he is a lock for Illinois.  Blames it on his handlers steering him to Oregon.

He has some of the best unintentional comedy on Twitter.  At times I need to remind myself he is serious.  My favorite is when he brags about rejecting the fake accounts of other recruiting guys that they created to try and follow him to get information.  When in reality it is probably bots he is rejecting.  

21 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

He has some of the best unintentional comedy on Twitter.  At times I need to remind myself he is serious.  My favorite is when he brags about rejecting the fake accounts of other recruiting guys that they created to try and follow him to get information.  When in reality it is probably bots he is rejecting.  

Maybe the best part is that Okoro to Oregon has been public knowledge for a few days, yet Roy still couldn’t admit he was wrong and had to slander the teenager instead.

From what I could gather in the past week or so, Illinois was a distant third for Okoro.

By the way, he was telling press members this past weekend that he was leaning toward staying in the 2019 class, so reclassification isn't a sure thing, either.

3 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

https://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/918121-video-nike-eybl-atlanta-interview-with-yurl-collins-of-bradley-beal-elite-mo-

We're the only school The I mentions by name. Could mean nothing, but still nice. 

He also mentions that EJ is the one player he really likes playing with and has played with him since 15U.  

8 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

He also mentions that EJ is the one player he really likes playing with and has played with him since 15U.  

Which, in my opinion, doesn't bode well for us. 

5 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Which, in my opinion, doesn't bode well for us. 

almost every year I hear about players wanting to play at the next level with someone, it seems to rarely happen.  Any level higher than SLU will recruit yuri along with additional pgs, those who will probably be bigger and higher rated.   He'll be made a priority at SLU, and maybe only SLU. I think this is something he'll learn as he gets recruited by the "p5".

Yuri wanting to play with EJ is more of a negative in my opinion.  I'm not saying it means we won't get Yuri. Or there isnt a chance for both. I'm just saying I don't think it helps our chances. 

3 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Yuri wanting to play with EJ is more of a negative in my opinion.  I'm not saying it means we won't get Yuri. Or there isnt a chance for both. I'm just saying I don't think it helps our chances. 

How does it hurt SLU's chances?  Does it help some other program's chances?  Or is it really much ado about nothing?

11 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

How does it hurt SLU's chances?  Does it help some other program's chances?  Or is it really much ado about nothing?

I would say a lot of us are under the assumption that EJ is going to go to a higher level program. If Yuri sincerely wants to play with him it's just one thing that could sway his decision to go to another school. Yuri isn't a top-tier recruit, but he is a very solid point guard that takes care of the ball. That is something big programs wouldn't mind having. Again I'm not claiming the end of the world, just a possible negative

22 minutes ago, wgstl said:

almost every year I hear about players wanting to play at the next level with someone, it seems to rarely happen.  Any level higher than SLU will recruit yuri along with additional pgs, those who will probably be bigger and higher rated.   He'll be made a priority at SLU, and maybe only SLU. I think this is something he'll learn as he gets recruited by the "p5".

Agreed. Just excited to see what happens next for these guys from St. Louis 

2 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

I would say a lot of us are under the assumption that EJ is going to go to a higher level program. If Yuri sincerely wants to play with him it's just one thing that could sway his decision to go to another school. Yuri isn't a top-tier recruit, but is a very solid point guard that takes care of the ball that's some big programs wouldn't mind having. Again I'm not claiming the end of the world, just a possible negative

I get what you're saying but short of Yuri following EJ to EJ's school of choice (which means Yuri would also have to receive a scholarship to this school), I don't see the negative.