Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

24 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Hold up, there's a guy named Shittu?

He might be enough to get me over the loss of Justyn Mutts.

Simi Shittu, a 5-star recruit (Top 10 before injury), is going to play this year at Vandy.

Nothing can top the loss I felt when Dayton signed Obadiah Toppin (and yes he wears mustache sometimes but no it is not of the handlebar variety).

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Man 2019 Recruiting is going slowwwwwwwwwwww

I think we got spoiled by the early commitments Ford got from Gordon and Thatch for 2018, which came while it was still 2016!

It really isn't late for 2019.  In fact, a commitment this month from a 2019 recruit would be early.  We're still about four months away from needing to worry.

Dashawn Davis - SG, 6-3, 180 - Burlington, NC (Our Saviour Lutheran, NY)

Offers: SLU, La Salle, Fordham, Old Dominion, Toledo, Monmouth, Manhattan, St. Peter's, Little Rock.

Interest: Colgate, Sam Houston State.

Latest News: Davis picked up an offer from SLU. (5/9/18)

Scouting Report: Davis is just starting to break out as he plays with the NY Lightning on the Nike EYBL AAU circuit, where he is leading his team in scoring at 16.5 PPG. He's tough and athletic, and gets most of his points at the rim. He's great off the dribble, beating defenders and creating for his teammates. He's an inconsistent shooter but can score in bunches. His offers didn't start to come in until this year, but now that he's been outpacing 2020 AAU teammate Posh Alexander in both points and assists, he's getting more attention.

-He returned to the Bronx this past season to play with Jared Rhoden's Our Savior Lutheran squad. Posh Alexander (2020) is the stud PG for OSL, and also plays with Davis on the NY Lightning AAU team, where Davis is currently leading him in both points and assists. He reminds me a little bit of Jacobs, maybe not quite as smooth yet but with a similar frame and skill set. He plays hard, seems to always be moving downhill with a lot of force. Good student. Had some interest in the fall and over the HS season, but his offers didn't really start to come in until late in the HS season, with most coming in the past month-plus.

31 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Offers: SLU, La Salle, Fordham, Old Dominion, Toledo, Monmouth, Manhattan, St. Peter's, Little Rock.

Scouting Report: Davis is just starting to break out as he plays with the NY Lightning on the Nike EYBL AAU circuit, where he is leading his team in scoring at 16.5 PPG. He's tough and athletic, and gets most of his points at the rim. He's great off the dribble, beating defenders and creating for his teammates. He's an inconsistent shooter but can score in bunches. His offers didn't start to come in until this year, but now that he's been outpacing 2020 AAU teammate Posh Alexander in both points and assists, he's getting more attention.

-He's a NC kid, but came up to the Bronx this past season to play with Jared Rhoden's Our Savior Lutheran squad. Posh Alexander (2020) is the stud PG for OSL, and also plays with Davis on the NY Lightning AAU team, where Davis is currently leading him in both points and assists. He reminds me a little bit of Jacobs, maybe not quite as smooth yet but with a similar frame and skill set. He plays hard, seems to always be moving downhill with a lot of force. Good student. Had some interest in the fall and over the HS season, but his offers didn't really start to come in until late in the HS season, with most coming in the past month-plus.

Pistol, I think he is from the Bronx and went to NC to a prep school. Hopefully we can use our NY connection to get him.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

-He's a NC kid, but came up to the Bronx this past season to play with Jared Rhoden's Our Savior Lutheran squad. Posh Alexander (2020) is the stud PG for OSL, and also plays with Davis on the NY Lightning AAU team, where Davis is currently leading him in both points and assists. He reminds me a little bit of Jacobs, maybe not quite as smooth yet but with a similar frame and skill set. He plays hard, seems to always be moving downhill with a lot of force. Good student. Had some interest in the fall and over the HS season, but his offers didn't really start to come in until late in the HS season, with most coming in the past month-plus.

Love this article on him, seems wise to recruit to him before he does breakout. 

https://www.madehoops.com/news_article/show/811425

15 hours ago, slusam said:

Pistol, I think he is from the Bronx and went to NC to a prep school. Hopefully we can use our NY connection to get him.

Thanks. Edited.

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

not 100% I like this rumor.  Every coach in the country is going to be in watching.  I guess he can always commit before the season starts?

I have no inside info but I wouldn't like our chances with Yuri if he doesn't commit and sign before the season.  That would just make me think he would then be holding out for the best offer he can get.  Liddell doesn't seem to be in a hurry and enjoying the recruiting process so no idea on him but they could both be signed before the season starts.  

18 minutes ago, wgstl said:

not 100% I like this rumor.  Every coach in the country is going to be in watching.  I guess he can always commit before the season starts?

Agreed. Yuri's spotlight will widen considerably with this move. What does the BBE schedule look like? Do they play through the summer and into the fall? I could only find games through May online. Would be nice for Yuri to commit before school starts in August.

13 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I have no inside info but I wouldn't like our chances with Yuri if he doesn't commit and sign before the season.  That would just make me think he would then be holding out for the best offer he can get.  Liddell doesn't seem to be in a hurry and enjoying the recruiting process so no idea on him but they could both be signed before the season starts.  

I don't get what you are saying. We are the best offer any recruit can get. 😎

In terms of him being seen next year....if this even happens btw....his exposure will have already been widely seen. BBE is a top 5 AAU team this summer.  If what @TheOne says is true, that Ford and Co have been working really hard on Collins, then they've already done what they can. If he likes the Billikens and has a good relationship with Liddell that's a big plus for us. If we haven't already locked Collins down by November, then I question if he wants or wanted to be a Billiken to begin with.

36 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

In terms of him being seen next year....if this even happens btw....his exposure will have already been widely seen. BBE is a top 5 AAU team this summer.  If what @TheOne says is true, that Ford and Co have been working really hard on Collins, then they've already done what they can. If he likes the Billikens and has a good relationship with Liddell that's a big plus for us. If we haven't already locked Collins down by November, then I question if he wants or wanted to be a Billiken to begin with.

Very true but I think transferring to Belleville would allow that BBE spotlight to continue through the fall and into winter versus playing on a St. Mary's team that graduated most of the players from this past year. Unless BBE plays year round? I'm not familiar with their schedule. If not, this is why I hope he commits to SLU this summer. iI he is in fact very high on SLU.

2 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Very true but I think transferring to Belleville would allow that BBE spotlight to continue through the fall and into winter. Unless BBE plays year round? I'm not familiar with their schedule. If not, this is why I hope he commits to SLU this summer. iI he is in fact very high on SLU.

Right, coaches will be in the gym at Bville West more often than at St marys in the fall