SLU v. Rhode Island - GDT

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this new coach you speak of?

Will Ferrel would be an upgrade at this point. Seriously, we have a serious lack of talent. Couple that with poor coaching, and you've got the train wreck we've been watching thru a season and a half. This is a really really ugly situation.

The last time we lost consecutive games by 25 or more was Feb 20th 1982.

I've been telling everyone we were headed to ekkertime for a year. Well we arrived. Where is David burns when we need him.

Today in the Post Crews is quoted as saying that he plans to change nothing. He is certain that things will get better if they just keep doing what they have been trying to do. I liked the weekend at Bernie's reference. How about Nero fiddling while Rome burns or in Crews case the Captain of the Titanic believing the ship was unsinkable. This is a huge mess that will only get worse - hard to imagine how but it will. Whoever is the decision maker in regards to this issue needs to do something not just sit back and wait for the end of the year. Even Fisher realized he had to get a different offensive coordinator for the Rams even if it was already a coach on the staff who was part of the offensive mess they had. The change at least put some life back into the team. The same could happen here - all they need to do is just do it!

Well at least the game was different this time, first half was the worse, they scored more than 50. This is so bad it reminds me of coach Grawer's final season with the exception that Clagget and Highmark were on that team and in the end in brought in a great coach Spoon. I hope for the same result at the end of this season, a great new coach and some of the recruits are really good players.

I met some friends at the watering hole by my house. It's great in that I can walk there and I can swear freely.

The folks at the bar put on the Bills game for me. The TV next to our game was showing an infomercial for Brown & Brown, the dorky personal injury lawyers. In the infomercial, the non-eyepatched Brown brother was showing off his beer can collection and his collection of ticket stubs from a bunch of crappy 70s bands. Even though there was no sound, I found myself paying closer attention to the infomercial than the game. He had some really cool beer cans.

I'm good and drunk now. Thumbs up for Modern Brewing's fine products.

Players have struggled individually due to getting up everyday to go out and fight for a coach they have no choice but to play for even though they do not want him as their coach. Crawford is amongst those that will surprise many as a player when Crews is gone. Interesting that Grandy and McBroom playing well statistically at their new schools.