Coaching Candidates

JMM28

PORTER EFFIN MOSER

Hiring Porter would have one benefit that I personally know off the bat and it is random. But it would possibly open up the door for us to be in the Maui invitational. Really can't explain much more than that without names and such. But it is a thing.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Western Kentucky is .500 this year but what about Ray Harper? He's won 4 national titles in NAIA and Div II, and has taken WKU to the NCAAs multiple times.

It's a different direction, he's 54 years old so he has some coaching left in him.

Wow

I thought you were out of touch before. Is Barry from Indiana or something?

Actually he is from Marlow, Oklahoma. Sorry, he's not a Hoosier. He makes $325,000 a year, so we double his salary, would SAVE MONEY for the U, and for the sake of Soderballs, he's not Jim Crews. And who wouldn't of wanted Anthony Beane on this team? BOOM!

Not hearing any downside from the MBM's.

Hinson is right at the level he needs to be. He's entertaining but that is about it.

We need a high major coach. SLU should be hiring the best MVC coach not guys who have been fired from jobs in that league.

OTOH Hinson might be able to get Blake Ahearn on staff.

Some of my Mizzou friends are getting excited about the prospect of hiring Romar.

Barry Hinson. .

564 career mark. Knows the area. BOOM!

Hinson lost at home to Edwardsville.

Crews almost lost at home to Edwardsville.

Jim Crews is surely the worst coach of all time, absolutely, in the world. The stars aligned for hoops failure at the moment of Crews accession to the head coach position, sure. The intercession of the Great Saint Majerus saved us for a few years, but it could not forever inoculate us to Jim Crews lack of player development, these are surely truths.

But also true is that Hinson belongs to small directional programs. I know you want "your" small-time s(CRAPPY) program, but more people than you are fans so deal with it. We will pursue greatness whether you like it or not.

You're a real hoosier, pal. And that's in the St. Louis connotations of the word. I wouldn't say that to Crews, but i will say it to you and your inane defenses of this failed coach.

Some of my Mizzou friends are getting excited about the prospect of hiring Romar.

It would get them porter and all his brothers.

I really hope Mizzou keeps Andersen another year as it will keep them in the same situation as us...bad.

Why would he leave Washington for Mizzou? Isn't he already in great shape to land both the Porter's as it is? And he can do it without the cloud of trouble that hovers over Columbia currently.

He's on the bubble with the 5th youngest roster in D1, has at least one Mcdonalds's AA coming in next year, lives in Seattle. Yeah, he's going to Mizzou.

He's on the bubble with the 5th youngest roster in D1, has at least one Mcdonalds's AA coming in next year, lives in Seattle. Yeah, he's going to Mizzou.

Rational thought would be Lorenzo Romar stays at UW.

But UW is a major, BCS level Pac-12 program, the type of place where the natives can get restless, where not making the NCAA Tournament is considered a sin.

Stranger things have happened than a LoRo bolting UW for MU.

Here's hoping it does not happen.

For once I agree with you.

As to Bay Area, they might be restless but Romar is responsible for 40% of UW tournament appearances in his 14 years. The school has played BB 120 years. Got a top 7 class too.

Interesting, well that answers one of the local coaching decisions and could kill our chances with a couple of the local 2017 kids from across the river.

The Illinois football situation is an absolute mess, I wonder who is going to take that job.

Rational thought would be Lorenzo Romar stays at UW.

But UW is a major, BCS level Pac-12 program, the type of place where the natives can get restless, where not making the NCAA Tournament is considered a sin.

Stranger things have happened than a LoRo bolting UW for MU.

Here's hoping it does not happen.

UDub fans would have to care about basketball for that to happen. They're more concerned about breaking the streak of 12 straight years of losing to Oregon in football than anything Romar is doing.

Interesting, well that answers one of the local coaching decisions and could kill our chances with a couple of the local 2017 kids from across the river.

The Illinois football situation is an absolute mess, I wonder who is going to take that job.

It might work out ok with the 17 guys. He still has a year to get fired before they're on campus.

It might work out ok with the 17 guys. He still has a year to get fired before they're on campus.

It will be interesting to see how Illinois is next season. They have a nice core of guards with Malcolm Hill, Kendrick Nunn, and Jalen Coleman-Lands who all return plus guys like Morgan and Finke. It is surprising to see their only committed recruit is a point guard though and I assume Leron Black's status with the program is up in the air at this point. They have nobody in the paint. (this is coming from someone who hasn't really watched Illinois much nor follows their program very closely)

As one of the drivers of the "Pat Kelsey for SLU Coach" bandwagon, I'll let you guys know that his Winthrop team will play for the Big South tournament championship tomorrow. They play UNC-Asheville, who beat top-seeded High Point today. Winthrop is the 2 seed, while UNC-Asheville is the 4 seed.