GDT - Stay UNdeFeated

Littlebill

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best rebounding in 2 years. Best defense in 2 years. Ash's best all around game since he's been a billiken. That was so encouraging.

A very fast developing team in my eyes. Boys are showing true grit, hardwork and teamwork. If they continue to build on this we could be seeing some major wins this season. 4 - 0 must be surprise to everyone. Louisville is next!

20 and 10 from Ash, good grief. Dude is filling it up this year. If his 3-point shot is back, look out.

Would've liked to see this one particularly to see Agbeko step up and have such a nice game.

I thought Yarbrough would lead us in points this year, but it looks like Ash's title to lose. Interesting line for MY, with 0 points and 7 rebounds. Based on moytoy's comment above, I thought he'd have more dimes, but I guess he played a more patient, quieter game than normal.

Not many are talking about Bartley, but it looks like an efficient night - 2-3 from deep and 4 assists.

Well, I think a lot of us were worried about this one and the best case scenario played out- the right matchups were used, guys played their role, and the perimeter defense returned. Very well done all around.

Really great performance tonight. Miles is an absolute sparkplug. Reggie with one of the best games of his career. Great night all around.

If Miles can develop even just a mid-range jumper, he'll be nearly impossible to guard. I commented during the first Bahamas game that he looked like the most improved player on the team. Wasn't quite as obvious in the next two games with the disjointed refffing and all the minutes that Hines got so there was no way to know what to expect when the season started. He's improved as much from one year to the next as any player I can recall seeing, and that covers a lot of years.

Everything came together tonight. Other than the first 3 minutes, that's the best defense I've ever seen from Crews's kids. Ash's 3 point shot from Villanova returned. Reggie was patient in the post. Neufeld and Bartley had their best games of the season. Miles and Ash continue to excel on both ends of the floor. And the way the team shared the ball was a thing of beauty.

I couldn't be prouder of this team and this coaching staff. That's how you play basketball.

Agreed.

A few weeks ago I posted comments that various posters made last season early in the year that turned out to be foolish. If this team plays like they did tonight over the next few weeks, I will personally repost some of my embarrassing comments (I know I was really harsh on Miles last year, so that will be a start). Just really happy with how the team looked tonight and eating a little crow won't be so bad.

If Miles can develop even just a mid-range jumper, he'll be nearly impossible to guard.

Agree with this. They would leave him open and give him space to shoot those mid range shots because he was missing them tonight. If he can just hit those at a decent clip, he would make it very difficult to defend him.

That was impressive. N Florida averaging 15 three pointers, hitting only 4. Agbeko and Reynolds were HUGE. Reynolds shutting down #11 was key.

ash guarded 11 most of the game. reynolds was chasing around 14.

It's simple, beat them at their own game! Just make more threes than them ;-)

Nice call, BigMouth. Bills 8 of 21, UNF 5 of 20.

Gillman and RA are going to have tough defensive games against UNF.

It appears they did all right.

Will Miles ever be able to shoot a J?

Miles Reynolds has improved considerably. I almost want to say he had a Conklin summer, but I think that would entail improving his jumper. But maybe we could say he had a Jett summer (even though that's not a term).

The Billiken mascot tonight has a lot of energy

What does he look like? Any change?

Like I said, Ash should stop shooting so many 3s!

Four of 8 against primarily zone defense. If Yacoubou can keep that up — as a result of slowing down just a bit — then the All-Conference caliber player we thought we'd be getting after he transferred from Villanova may materialize.

Looks like we might hold them below their average tonight.

The Bills held them to 57, 22 points below their average.

So is UNF off from 3? Haven't dug into the stats yet and I'm on my phone at the moment. I guess if you live by the 3, you die by it, too.

They attempted 10 fewer threes than they average and hit 25 percent. BILLIKEN DEFENSE!

Not bad. Key to the 2nd half was not playing Jolly, IMO.

Best win since the start of last season for sure. Crews did the coaching job. I have shown him a lot of hate. But maybe all he needed his the Jimmy offense instead of trying to run RM that is not his forte. Roby now showed the progress we needed. Neufeld and Reggies can be reals post players. Jolly...didn't even see him barely. Should stay that way.

See my post in the Jolly thread. I suspect this matchup didn't suit his talents; it's not that he'll never have games when he can and will contribute positively.

I do think the players are grasping the new offense better. They forced UNF to play zone and still manage to work inside out for 70 points. They've scored 70 or more four straight games to start the season. I never saw that coming!

20 and 10 from Ash, good grief. Dude is filling it up this year. If his 3-point shot is back, look out.

Would've liked to see this one particularly to see Agbeko step up and have such a nice game.

I thought Yarbrough would lead us in points this year, but it looks like Ash's title to lose. Interesting line for MY, with 0 points and 7 rebounds. Based on moytoy's comment above, I thought he'd have more dimes, but I guess he played a more patient, quieter game than normal.

Not many are talking about Bartley, but it looks like an efficient night - 2-3 from deep and 4 assists.

Well, I think a lot of us were worried about this one and the best case scenario played out- the right matchups were used, guys played their role, and the perimeter defense returned. Very well done all around.

I'm very pleased with how well the Bills played against what could be an NCAA Tournament team, but with their youth they're still likely a year away. If Yacoubou keeps playing like this, though, he might be the spark that could get the Bills a post-season bid this year. Even so, the next game and Wichita State will be truer barometers of the Bills' progress. They're going to have to play even better than they played tonight to win those games; what will be interesting to see is if they can beat K-State at their place. I was going to say that the Wildcats were picked toward the bottom of the Big XII and didn't seem especially impressive against Missouri despite crushing the Tigers by 22 yesterday, but then I see that they lead North Carolina by 2 at the half today. But if the Bills manage 9-3 in non-conference, that bodes well.

My turn, I was there, attendance was mediocre and the bulk of the students had apparently departed for Thanksgiving already. The band was about 20-25% understaffed.

Against all dire predictions, we won, we won by 13 (70 to 57). I have no access to statistics of the game until tomorrow, but coming into this game UNF averaged 86.7 points per game, tonight we held them to 55. This is very good. Defense was superb, we basically closed most of their 3 pointers. In the second half, when things were getting increasingly out of hand for UNF they were shooting 3 pointers that did not connect. UNF shot 20 3 point attempts and made only 5 of them (PD just reported this), an unheard of outcome for UNF. A very satisfactory game to see.

It appears to me that are using two basic lineups, the starters and the second liners (which are about as good as the first line), and two variations of the theme: We play with two bigs (Gillman and Neufeld in this game) or two smalls (Reynolds and Bartley). This results in a lot of possible shuffles that will probably confuse the opposition's defense. We can play against the zone! Not the usual passing on the outside and then shooting a desperate 3 pointer attempt that does not score at the last second, as we used to do. We blocked their 3 point shooters pretty well. We rebounded well, we were physical. All of these are positives in my mind.

Yacoubou was superb tonight. Reggie did very well by himself and handles himself well in furballs under the net. Miles was likewise superb in many different ways, including penetration to the net. Bartley, Gillman, Neufeld, Roby, Milik, Crawford, were very good and played very well as a team.

At the beginning, and up to the end of first half we were pretty even in scoring and only got ahead of them for a limited time. In the second half we had them. I think towards the last few minutes of the game, with a number of their best players at 4 fouls, they got a bit desperate and lost some control.

In all a very well played game by our team (not free of errors, of course) showing we are working well as a team against reasonably effective teams like UNF. I was very happy about this outcome.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

One poster a few pages back said MY played a good game. This goes to Billiken Roy's complaint about using initials-MY had a miserable game, even if he got 7 rebounds and obviously the coaches knew how bad he was since he sat much of the 2nd half, including the last part of the game when we pulled away-he seemed to be in another world tonight. Reggie was a beast under the boards. Don't know what game Hoosier was watching-as Billiken Roy said Miles was on their top scorer---#14. When Miles came out, Roby came in and also shut down #14, who picked up some points in garbage time-great job on "D", Miles and Davell. Obviously, Ash was a stud tonight, I just want to see him play this way on a consistent basis. A very exciting fun game to attend over a very good team.

Nice call, BigMouth. Bills 8 of 21, UNF 5 of 20.

It appears they did all right.

Miles Reynolds has improved considerably. I almost want to say he had a Conklin summer, but I think that would entail improving his jumper. But maybe we could say he had a Jett summer (even though that's not a term).

What does he look like? Any change?

Four of 8 against primarily zone defense. If Yacoubou can keep that up — as a result of slowing down just a bit — then the All-Conference caliber player we thought we'd be getting after he transferred from Villanova may materialize.

The Bills held them to 57, 22 points below their average.

They attempted 10 fewer threes than they average and hit 25 percent. BILLIKEN DEFENSE!

See my post in the Jolly thread. I suspect this matchup didn't suit his talents; it's not that he'll never have games when he can and will contribute positively.

I do think the players are grasping the new offense better. They forced UNF to play zone and still manage to work inside out for 70 points. They've scored 70 or more four straight games to start the season. I never saw that coming!

I'm very pleased with how well the Bills played against what could be an NCAA Tournament team, but with their youth they're still likely a year away. If Yacoubou keeps playing like this, though, he might be the spark that could get the Bills a post-season bid this year. Even so, the next game and Wichita State will be truer barometers of the Bills' progress. They're going to have to play even better than they played tonight to win those games; what will be interesting to see is if they can beat K-State at their place. I was going to say that the Wildcats were picked toward the bottom of the Big XII and didn't seem especially impressive against Missouri despite crushing the Tigers by 22 yesterday, but then I see that they lead North Carolina by 2 at the half today. But if the Bills manage 9-3 in non-conference, that bodes well.

Massive Kudos to THicks for the greatest multiquote in the history of the new board format. :)

-on the postgame show Earl said, basically, "5000 here tonight, everyone bring one friend to the next game and we have a full house" well put

-AG played a really nice game, when he went in the center of the zone and distributed without panic that was a big plus in our column, he jumped on the tip in

-AY, keep this going and we'll have to find new words to describe your play

-MY, PLEASE let the game come to you

-RA, best game as a Bill, very, very nice, keep it going

-MR, has anyone improved more over one season in the last 25 years? still, the long two pointer needs to be replaced with something else, but your game has grown by leaps and bounds

-look at the group on the floor during most of the second half run, let's see their clock on Saturday

-BJ had a good game last time and no minutes tonight, can that only be about matchups?

-keep going Bills, have a lot more fun

-I hope you are not a pr!ck tease