Former Billikens Updates

thetorch

7 minutes ago, philliken said:

I hate to post this, but Carte’are got himself in some more trouble. I was wondering why he wasn’t in the lineup the last few games for Grambling. He and three football players ‘invaded’ a residence hall and beat two people with a pistol over some money dispute. I couldn’t find anything about him being suspended. Curious to see what will come if this. Kid could’ve made a new life for himself, but it seems he just can’t get out of his own way.

https://hbcugameday.com/2023/03/07/grambling-state-athletes-arrested-accused-of-invading-dorm-with-gun/

JFC.  Luckily this is only strike #7. 

JMM28 likes this

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

C'mon ..... it was only a matter of time.  

I had hoped this time it would be different.

He seemed to be at home with Grambling. He’s the second leading scorer on a good team. I was hoping he found the right place and matured over time. I cannot imagine thinking that anything good could come out of going into a residence with a gun (wether he had it or not) and assaulting people. I was really rooting for a redemption story for him.

36 minutes ago, philliken said:

I hate to post this, but Carte’are got himself in some more trouble. I was wondering why he wasn’t in the lineup the last few games for Grambling. He and three football players ‘invaded’ a residence hall and beat two people with a pistol over some money dispute. I couldn’t find anything about him being suspended. Curious to see what will come if this. Kid could’ve made a new life for himself, but it seems he just can’t get out of his own way.

https://hbcugameday.com/2023/03/07/grambling-state-athletes-arrested-accused-of-invading-dorm-with-gun/

-this is terrible news

Grambling is the 2-seed in the SWAC tournament. 22-8 overall, 15-3 in the league, with maybe their best shot ever at making the NCAA Tournament, which they've never done before. And CG may be the reason it doesn't happen. So it's not just a brutally stupid decision, but it couldn't have come at a worse time.

JMM28 likes this

33 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Grambling is the 2-seed in the SWAC tournament. 22-8 overall, 15-3 in the league, with maybe their best shot ever at making the NCAA Tournament, which they've never done before. And CG may be the reason it doesn't happen. So it's not just a brutally stupid decision, but it couldn't have come at a worse time.

Brutally stupid is a phrase that can describe Carteare. Just a dumbass. 

Haven’t been able to watch, so I don’t know if he’s on the bench or there in street clothes, but with 10 minutes left, Gordon hasn’t played in their first round game. They have a good lead, so looks like they’ll advance to play tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, philliken said:

Haven’t been able to watch, so I don’t know if he’s on the bench or there in street clothes, but with 10 minutes left, Gordon hasn’t played in their first round game. They have a good lead, so looks like they’ll advance to play tomorrow.

Well I fricking hope not. 

27 minutes ago, philliken said:

Uhhhhh would assume he didn't even travel, what with being in jail and then out on bail....

58 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Uhhhhh would assume he didn't even travel, what with being in jail and then out on bail....

For normal criminals, the courts won’t let them leave the jurisdiction when out on bail.  But I’m sure if some wealthy athletic donors also agree to slip some money in the judges re-election campaign or something, anything is possible….

1 minute ago, Lord Elrond said:

For normal criminals, the courts won’t let them leave the jurisdiction when out on bail.  But I’m sure if some wealthy athletic donors also agree to slip some money in the judges re-election campaign or something, anything is possible….

We're talking assault with a deadly weapon, not selling weed or coke.

The three men were identified and taken into custody Thursday included the former roommate, Melvin Priestly, 19, and Carteare Gordon, 22, both of St. Louis, Mo., along with Derreion Hinton, 19, of Jacksonville, Tex., were booked at the Lincoln Parish Detention Center for home invasion.

From the Lincoln Parish Journal. 

23 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The three men were identified and taken into custody Thursday included the former roommate, Melvin Priestly, 19, and Carteare Gordon, 22, both of St. Louis, Mo., along with Derreion Hinton, 19, of Jacksonville, Tex., were booked at the Lincoln Parish Detention Center for home invasion.

Should he be in jail and not able to play? Of course. Will that be what happens? Different question and we’ll see. 

9 hours ago, philliken said:

Following the Cameron Biedscheid playbook...hate to see talent wasted like this 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

STL standup 

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

We could form a heck of a team of former Billikens in just the last decade who are famous for non basketball reasons 

How is that possible, I heard only recruited great culture guys when he first got here?

JMM28 likes this