Recruiting 2015

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Five, 5th year transfers typically aren't good enough to play pro, even in Europe. They are not program changers. I'll take Glaze over a one and done 5th year transfer. A graduate transfer eligible for 2 years might be a different story.

(I don't agree with your point 4 on bringing baggage. He may or he may not. Some are good kids just looking to extend their basketball career. Very few, if any, are truly interested in a master's degree.) quote]

We are in a different situation under Crews than under RM but RM would say that 2 years was not enough time to teach the perfection of his offense and unlearn the bad habits previously learned.

Someone that doesn't want a 5th year senior must be saying one of three things:

1) He doesn't care that we only have 1 scholarship for 2016. Basically it's tatum or bust.

2) he is fine over subscribing scholarships this coming fall and sign 2 or more. This tells the existing players that one of them has to leave at the end of the season. To date, SLU has never done this although guys like tom crean have made an art of it.

3) he believes such a player is a net negative to the team.

Personally, if I can find a player that isn't #3 (and it's not that high of a bar given how bad we were last year) I'm all for signing one cause 1 and 2 above aren't good situations.

Someone that doesn't want a 5th year senior must be saying one of three things:

1) He doesn't care that we only have 1 scholarship for 2016. Basically it's tatum or bust.

2) he is fine over subscribing scholarships this coming fall and sign 2 or more. This tells the existing players that one of them has to leave at the end of the season. To date, SLU has never done this although guys like tom crean have made an art of it.

3) he believes such a player is a net negative to the team.

Personally, if I can find a player that isn't #3 (and it's not that high of a bar given how bad we were last year) I'm all for signing one cause 1 and 2 above aren't good situations.

KShoe. Another brilliant post. Way to state the obvious. While you're at it, if we can find the next Michael Jordan, I am all for signing him too.

I would really like a commitment from jahshire hardnett. Offers from UConn, Memphis, and Wich St according to verbal commits. I think it would take some of the heat off Crews IMO. He looks to be a pass first PG with a very tight handle. Our current guards all bring something to the table but "tight handle" is not a an attribute that comes to mind.

Bartley would move to the 2...which is where I would like to see him anyway.

I would really like a commitment from jahshire hardnett. Offers from UConn, Memphis, and Wich St according to verbal commits. I think it would take some of the heat off Crews IMO. He looks to be a pass first PG with a very tight handle. Our current guards all bring something to the table but "tight handle" is not a an attribute that comes to mind.

Bartley would move to the 2...which is where I would like to see him anyway.

From the highlight video he looks like a smaller Jett-type guard. Goes left and likes contact at the rim. Wonder what his shot looks like...

Word on the streets is that we're very active looking at JUCOs right now. As has been explained many times on this board, it'll be hard for us to land anyone so I wouldn't get your hopes up, but we're taking a serious look.

Also per Rivals here's 4 names that we have interest in. I haven't done any research on these guys so I don't know how valid it is or how good they are, but here you go.

Benji Bell 6'2 SG

Sean Lloyd 6'4 SG

Blaise Gammon 6'8 PF

Charles Foster 6'1 SG

Word on the streets is that we're very active looking at JUCOs right now. As has been explained many times on this board, it'll be hard for us to land anyone so I wouldn't get your hopes up, but we're taking a serious look.

Also per Rivals here's 4 names that we have interest in. I haven't done any research on these guys so I don't know how valid it is or how good they are, but here you go.

Benji Bell 6'2 SG

Sean Lloyd 6'4 SG

Blaise Gammon 6'8 PF

Charles Foster 6'1 SG

Bell was MVP of the JUCO Natl tournament and played for the National champs. Opinions on him vary as to what level he can play. Only offer is Northeastern.

Lloyd 55th ranked SF has lots of offers Temple, WKU, St Joes, Penn St and other NE low majors.

Blaise Gammon has signed to play football at K State. Kansas 5A POY. Mo St, Lafayette, SF Austin, offered him last year.

Foster plays for Vincennes, lots of low major offers Bowling Green, SEMO, FGCU

Benji Bell 6'2 SG

Sean Lloyd 6'4 SG

Blaise Gammon 6'8 PF

Charles Foster 6'1 SG

How can that be? ;)

I've heard we may score 2 JUCO's. The kid at Vincennes that everyone wants is Mychal Mulder: who I think if we could get him, he would immediately become our leading scorer. But everyone wants him, including places like Wichita. On the other hand both Crews and Calbert have strong southern Indiana ties. Who knows?? maybe the package deal could include Mulder AND Foster. if only it were so . . . . But yes, no doubt we would want instant offense, and so it's no surprise that I've heard we may go the route of 1 or even 2 JUCOS...

I've heard we may score 2 JUCO's. The kid at Vincennes that everyone wants is Mychal Mulder: who I think if we could get him, he would immediately become our leading scorer. But everyone wants him, including places like Wichita. On the other hand both Crews and Calbert have strong southern Indiana ties. Who knows?? maybe the package deal could include Mulder AND Foster. if only it were so . . . . But yes, no doubt we would want instant offense, and so it's no surprise that I've heard we may go the route of 1 or even 2 JUCOS...

Would be surprised if we filled both these unused schollies, and left only 1 open for 2016.

Thank you Dwayne's_World, this clip shows this kid has an impressive ability to jump and dunk

He would definitely be the most athletic player on our roster. It doesn't say, but he is rated as a 4 star JUCO.

Checking out his twitter, it appears he has interest from Louisville and Indiana. Offers from Mizzery, Minnesota, Miss St (will be interesting now that Ben Howland is there), Wichita St, and Creighton.