Drew is Transferring

Isn't it obvious that, by "Next year," 05 means 2014-15 ("this year" is 2013-14)?

I really meant this upcoming year. I've heard glowing reviews of McBroom from people who have seen him play in practice. Not only is he the fastest player on the team he's a lights out shooter.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is another side to this story, it needs to be made a little more public.

If there is another side does making it public necessarily help the program? At this point people are just going to claim you are tying to vilify the kid or that you are airing stuff that should remain private to protect the kid.

It's interesting that that article has 'Big East' as a tag.

I noticed this to. I think it is the only thing worthwhile in the whole article. The rest of it is just regurgitating what has already been written by others and short-sighted opinions based on one side of the story.

If there is another side does making it public necessarily help the program? At thos point people are just going to claim you are tying to vilify the kid or that you areairing stuff that should remain private to protect the kid.

Agreed. And outside ofthe headline, it seemed more like a shot at the system then a total rip on the Billikens/crews. Could have been worse.

If there is another side does making it public necessarily help the program? At thos point people are just going to claim you are tying to vilify the kid or that you areairing stuff that should remain private to protect the kid.

This reminds me when Willie's dad made the local media rounds during the incident year. Called Majerus and Bondi every name in the book. At that time the University made no comment. It can't comment on a individual student for obvious reasons. It only came out later, through a round about way, it was more then just the incident.

Agreed. And outside ofthe headline, it seemed more like a shot at the system then a total rip on the Billikens/crews. Could have been worse.

What was unfair was Eamon's failure to mention JC didn't recruit JD. How about mentioning UK? It was a rip, Moy, when he said recruits and parents should take an offer from SLU with a fat grain of salt.

This reminds me when Willie's dad made the local media rounds during the incident year. Called Majerus and Bondi every name in the book. At that time the University made no comment. It can't comment on a individual student for obvious reasons. It only came out later, through a round about way, it was more then just the incident.

Some of the Willie stuff never made it out.

I noticed this to. I think it is the only thing worthwhile in the whole article. The rest of it is just regurgitating what has already been written by others and short-sighted opinions based on one side of the story.

Great response on ESPN, RU. I was about to add a comment but you pretty much summed it up perfectly. Well put.

What was unfair was Eamon's failure to mention JC didn't recruit JD. How about mentioning UK? It was a rip, Moy, when he said recruits and parents should take an offer from SLU with a fat grain of salt.

Missed that as I was reading in the car. You're right. More negative than I thought on first glance. I still don't think this is going to tarnish the program long term. Winning will be the best remedy for this situation.

-http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/84647/st-louis-runs-off-jared-drew

-the worldwide leader weighing in on the Drew state of affairs

The timing is really the only thing that is odd, but DocB who would qualify as an "insider" suggests that there is more to the story. The article talks about loyalty, but that cuts both ways. There are more than 400 players transferring from D1 schools. Yes, sometimes kids get run off, but a lot of times kids show no loyalty to the schools they signed with. They get impatient and leave for playing time. Think of all the time, money and resources SLU spent on a kid like Carter. At the first sign of adversity, he bolts just one semester into his college career.

If there is another side does making it public necessarily help the program? At this point people are just going to claim you are tying to vilify the kid or that you are airing stuff that should remain private to protect the kid.

Fair point.

Great response on ESPN, RU. I was about to add a comment but you pretty much summed it up perfectly. Well put.

Thanks. I don't think many people read the comments, but I wanted to at least try to put a different perspective out there.

I would encourage you to still comment on the article as well. Strength in numbers!

Not trying to interfere with the functioning of public media, I think I should ask: What difference does this make? If anything it means we have reached a level in public awareness that makes us a viable target from the point of view of public media. As we know this is the kind of one sided coverage that sells viewership and attracts readers. We are a nation where we look for victims and guilty parties. This is sad. The more we grow in strength and standing, the more coverage of this type we are likely to get.

Did they run anything when Ryan Harrow left?

a number of you have now said that there is or could be another side of the drewcut story. i must be thick. could someone give me the scenario of the "other side" that makes slu look good/justifiable? i will hang up and listen. thanks!

a number of you have now said that there is or could be another side of the drewcut story. i must be thick. could someone give me the scenario of the "other side" that makes slu look good/justifiable? i will hang up and listen. thanks!

Did you read what Crews tweeted?

Other side: COMPLETE SPECULATION NOT BASED IN REALITY. /disclaimer.

Drew was a troublemaker. Drew had a bad attitude. Drew had academic issues. Drew got in trouble. Drew wasn't putting forth the effort needed. Drew wanted to be a starter and bitched about it. Drew didn't want to redshirt and bitched about it. Drew didn't get along with the staff. Drew molested collies.

With your unbiased opinion, it should be pretty easy to convince you that perhaps the story isn't exactly how Drew portrayed it to the media. :)