Drew is Transferring

Although the timing sucks for Drew. If true, this does change my outlook on Crews and his intent to win. I like any move we make to become a better program. Winning isnt easy and you don't always make friends in doing it. That is why everyone loves losers.

Aaah, for the good ol' days of the little engine that couldn't. Don't you just miss 'em?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McBroom is looking to be the best scorer we have in the backcourt next year and if he isn't happy with the state of the team that could spell trouble.

You might be right, but I'll take MM or JJ as the top scorer over the unproven McBroom at this point.

McBroom is looking to be the best scorer we have in the backcourt next year and if he isn't happy with the state of the team that could spell trouble.

Could you be more specific?

Uncle Deuce @DeuceDaCreator 9m

I wanna thank all the great ppl that i met this year that gave me a great experience at SLU!! It was just something that wasn't meant to be!

And a major s/o to my brothers for life @jjett5 @G2READY416 @AustinMcbroom @Cantbefaded32 @DwayneEvans21 @codyellis24 kill it this year!!

@AyoMCJr11 @KMitch23 @CFlint @Bpitlyk

Uncle Deuce ‏@DeuceDaCreator 9m

I wanna thank all the great ppl that i met this year that gave me a great experience at SLU!! It was just something that wasn't meant to be!

And a major s/o to my brothers for life @jjett5 @G2READY416 @AustinMcbroom @Cantbefaded32 @DwayneEvans21 @codyellis24 kill it this year!!

@AyoMCJr11 @KMitch23 @CFlint @Bpitlyk

Guess time is making him feel a little better. Also good for him on the PR front.

The NCAa and its APR (Academic Progress Rate) sure sounds like it is the main culprit. As the schools now realize how devastating the penalties are, and can be -- see UConn, I believe the standards are changing and now SLU/JC are making changes as well. In the past, common courtesy was to fire/hire coaches at the end of the year and also to make roster additions/deletions as well. This gives the let go coaches and players (both those let go and those not wanting to play for the new coach) time to land on their feet as well as time for the new coach to land some players of his own. The NCAA is the one who imposed the Fall LOI signing period as well as this Spring LOI period (ending today). These dates are not set by SLU/JC. Now, if a school lets go of a player at the end of the season (past custom) -- for either "good" or "bad" reasons and the kid gets upset and quits the school, then the school is left to shoulder the APR penalty. And again, the penalty is not always borne by the "guilty" parties -- instead, the loss of scholarship hurts some current, totally innocent, highschool player (1 less NCAA scholarshp for SLU to give out) and future players/teams/coaches. In essence, the rest of the team/players (and sometimes new coaching staff who also are innocent), would suffer the affects of an APR violation -- loss of scholarships and/or loss of post-season play. Now, if the NCAA wants to impose a fine upon SLU for APR violations, then that's one thing. The current APR rules, though, are what they are. By waiting until after grades, SLU/JC are doing what best for them (and future innocent players/teams/coaches) in this new APR climate.

One solution, of course beyond the control of SLU/JC, is for the Spring LOI signing period to end June 15th (after school is over) as opposed to May 15th. The real complaint I am hearing is that SLU/JC waited until the end of the Spring LOI (May 14th) to let Drew go thereby denying him a better chance to land on his feet. Again, if the NCAA simply moves back the Spring signing period, this problem goes away.

McBroom tweeted a cryptic and vaguely angsty tweet following Drew's announcement.

OK, but are you insinuating that McBroom would look to transfer or something? Unless he wants to lose a year of eligiblity, it ain't happening.