Drew is Transferring

Did you read what Crews tweeted?

Was this before he tweeted a picture of his breakfast, or after when he complained about his female relationships and ended the tweet with a big fat "FML?"

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all there is always another side of the story - it may not be as persuasive as the one that is being published. Who knows and given we will never probably hear all of it we should just move on. A recruit is not going to let this prevent him from signing since all recruits believe that they are the best and will start from day one. The problem with the article I had was that to be fair this was not a story about SLU but a story about the NCAA rules - the headline could have read "NCAA rules allows schools to run off players" - then he could have written about the specific Drew story as an example of it happening at lots of places. The author simply wanted to sensationalize something but it is a non story since you can find this same thing happening in lots of other schools every year.

Other side: COMPLETE SPECULATION NOT BASED IN REALITY. /disclaimer.

Drew was a troublemaker. Drew had a bad attitude. Drew had academic issues. Drew got in trouble. Drew wasn't putting forth the effort needed. Drew wanted to be a starter and bitched about it. Drew didn't want to redshirt and bitched about it. Drew didn't get along with the staff. Drew molested collies.

wahahahahahaha, fuok yes.

i like the second comment:

"Um, i would let Ty Webb DESTROY my vagine."

This board is funny in that it always carries the water for the sympathetic figure. When Crews hiring wasn't announced soon enough, it was big, bad Biondi at fault and poor Jim Crews was the victim. Now that Drew transfers, its big bad Jim Crews at fault and poor Jared Drew was the victim.

Regarding the redshirt year It is kind of a moot point. If Crews does not think he can hack it and does not play him, he loses a year and transfers. It is just the different order. Fact is he was recruited over, we thought he would be a 3/4, but Agbeko, Lancona, and Crawford likely would have been ahead on the depth chart.

Had Coach waited another year he would not play much and have 2 years left. He in the long run will be better off, He will have three years left to play D1 hoops

This board is funny in that it always carries the water for the sympathetic figure. When Crews hiring wasn't announced soon enough, it was big, bad Biondi at fault and poor Jim Crews was the victim. Now that Drew transfers, its big bad Jim Crews at fault and poor Jared Drew was the victim.

Not true at all. There are plenty here who sided with Biondi in spite of all the he pulled. There are plenty siding with Crews as we speak. And the vast majority of the board blamed the victim in "The Incident."

Not true at all. There are plenty here who sided with Biondi in spite of all the ###### he pulled. There are plenty siding with Crews as we speak. And the vast majority of the board blamed the victim in "The Incident."

In one sense, it's about the program and what is best for it.

I thought board lexicon said that was the "Situation".

Not that I don't hope going on a tangent about the situation pushes this thread past the recruiting thread. I think most people don't blame the victim, they blamed the process more. I also blame her friend who apparently takes one social services class and can now id rape victims upon sight.

I thought we referred to her as John Cook's Friend's slutty daughter who ruined the first good year of the Majerus era and led to his eventual demise. Or maybe I was misremembering?

I liked Biondi, side with crews, and blamed the victim. Hat trick

hahaha, this should be in every person's signature, so we don't have to try and figure out where everybody stands. or we could play fuok one, marry one, kill one.

fuok: crews

marry: biondi

kill: victim

In one sense, it's about the program and what is best for it.

I thought board lexicon said that was the "Situation".

I thought that looked wrong as soon as I hit Post. It's been a long morning.

And I think you're right, the natural reaction from a group of rabid fans is to be defensive of the program. When there's a potential sexual assault case that involves 4 players, the board said she must be lying. When Crews' contract situation dragged on, the board said the President is responsible for the delay. The truth lies somewhere in the middle in most of these things.

I always look at Penn State and wonder how anyone can possibly support that program, but people in PA are defensive of the school and program and Paterno in spite of it all. I try to envision my reaction if it happened at SLU. It's hard to step back and admit someone you root for or have a connection to is at fault.

a number of you have now said that there is or could be another side of the drewcut story. i must be thick. could someone give me the scenario of the "other side" that makes slu look good/justifiable? i will hang up and listen. thanks!

Most logical thing I can think of is that Drew was not closing on enough coeds and giving the team a bad reputation with the ladies...if this is the case (which all signs point to yes) then this would have a serious negative impact on recruiting since bball players would have a reputation of not closing.

Remember on the Djambo topic I told everyone recruiting = babes. Clemson babes > SLU babes = fact. Not closing bball players < closing bball players. Recruiting is simple and we couldnt afford to have an eyesore like Drew anymore.

I thought that looked wrong as soon as I hit Post. It's been a long morning.

And I think you're right, the natural reaction from a group of rabid fans is to be defensive of the program. When there's a potential sexual assault case that involves 4 players, the board said she must be lying. When Crews' contract situation dragged on, the board said the President is responsible for the delay. The truth lies somewhere in the middle in most of these things.

I always look at Penn State and wonder how anyone can possibly support that program, but people in PA are defensive of the school and program and Paterno in spite of it all. I try to envision my reaction if it happened at SLU. It's hard to step back and admit someone you root for or have a connection to is at fault.

Penn State comparison makes a lot of sense. Fans are going to defend what is close to them, even when the same act is reviled (rightly) when it happens at other places.

I liked Biondi, side with crews, and blamed the victim. Hat trick

Ha. Me too.

But also agree there is a lot of unknown in all situations that I am unaware of.