Scheduling Thoughts

Our colors are blue and white, not gangsta black. What's next? warm-up with hoodies? shorts worn below our butts? tats over every visible part of our bodies? Sorry for having the old school idea that you should present a positive, professional image, at least when you are representing SLU. We are not Xavier and I don't want us to be. I feel really good about the players we have now. People like DE, MM, RL and JB are able to combine excellent basketball skills with similar off-the-court qualities. Let hope JC keeps it that way. One of the few times our program has gone downhill in the past was when Grawer started recruiting a few "cancer in the locker room" types.

Oh no, not the hoodies!!! They are so dangerous. :rolleyes:

As for being like Xavier, outside of one game where Mack lost control of his team, I would love for us over the next 20 years to have the type of program they have had over the previous 20. - In the Big East, consistently making the Dance, some deep runs it the tourney, producing NBA players, consistently filling their building.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our colors are blue and white, not gangsta black. What's next? warm-up with hoodies? shorts worn below our butts? tats over every visible part of our bodies? Sorry for having the old school idea that you should present a positive, professional image, at least when you are representing SLU. We are not Xavier and I don't want us to be. I feel really good about the players we have now. People like DE, MM, RL and JB are able to combine excellent basketball skills with similar off-the-court qualities. Let hope JC keeps it that way. One of the few times our program has gone downhill in the past was when Grawer started recruiting a few "cancer in the locker room" types.

I don't even know where to begin. So I'll go with this...is it okay with you if we choose regular black over gangster black? Btw...if any color out there could be defined as gangster it would be the classic crip blue we regularly wear.

So when the team went south under Sodie he recruited bad kids? What about when Spoon had his off year after Hughes left? Grawer did bring some questionable kids in but then it was up to him to manage them but his my way or the highway approach was never going to work with those kids so it was doomed. My point is was it the kids or Grawer that fouled up or maybe a combination? Also, Km and Willie were not put out for a year just a semester - KM sat out the second semester because it was deemed beneficial that he do so since by the time he would have been game ready there would not have been much of the season left - good decision. Willie still had his grade problems so that is what took is second semester away. Finally, black - not a big deal - now if they go black and gold then I might have a problem.

notsureifserious.jpg

IT IS A BASKETBALL UNIFORM.

Everyone: make sure to get rid of anything you own that is "gangsta black". You always want to make sure you "present a positive, professional image" anywhere you go. None of us are gangsta enough to wear black. Also, DON'T YOU DARE wear hoodies. Absolutely unforgivable.

In all seriousness, I'm not a huge fan of the black unis. I'm sure they'll look nice, but it seems like everyone has done it and it doesn't have the cool factor that many uniforms have nowadays. I really like our current blue and white, so I would like to stick with that, but I'm sure the gangsta black jerseys will be nice. As long as we don't come out in these giant logo jerseys Nike made some teams wear last year:

osu.jpeg?w=420&h=420600x39949.jpg

Saint Louis Billikens at Valpo Crusaders Dec.7th at Valpo's Athletics Recreation Center

Obviously a date that will live in infamy.

It'll be alright

It's a pearl of a thought but I harbor no ill will. I was thinking of a Sunday morning sneak attack on the Billikens but we'll have to settle for Saturday. I don't think we'll get hit by any Zeros.

Updated the front page, but I am sure I made a typo (I always seem to)

Steve,

According to SLUBillikens.com, you flipped the first two games:

11/21
Bowling Green
11/23
Oral Roberts

should be

11/21
Oral Roberts
11/23
Bowling Green

Steve,

According to SLUBillikens.com, you flipped the first two games:

11/21
Bowling Green
11/23
Oral Roberts

should be

11/21
Oral Roberts
11/23
Bowling Green

You're pretty anal about the date we play Oral.