No reason to be paranoid at this time, you cannot lose what you do not have and we do not have him here. Not yet anyways. ISU lost tonight, it was a rough physical game, they were close most of the game, tied at the half. At the end ISU had opportunities but missed the throws. Seton Hall won by 2 pts.

ISU has lots to be proud of about this season. Schertz has a lot to think about but first he has to give time to ISU and his team tonight. Then he has to decide where he will go. I do not know but assume he has other offers/opportunities. We will see what happens when he makes up his mind. Until then there is no need to despair or cause to rejoice, we just have to wait.

This whole thing will be solved one way or the other.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I have a sinking feeling he’s gonna stay at ISU. Those fans were crazy. Give him $700k and pay those guys to return, he may be thinking I can go deep in the dance. This may be my Billiken Paranoia coming to the fore, but I think we better be looking elsewhere unless we got him by the nuts legally. 

You are not alone. The psyche of this fan base is something even the greatest of Sigmund’s disciples could not grasp. 

18 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I have a sinking feeling he’s gonna stay at ISU. Those fans were crazy. Give him $700k and pay those guys to return, he may be thinking I can go deep in the dance. This may be my Billiken Paranoia coming to the fore, but I think we better be looking elsewhere unless we got him by the nuts legally. 

Nah, he’s going to get $2M+ from SLU with NIL to take most of his players with him.  He’s not able to do that in Terre Haute, those guys would be poached for more money.

2 hours ago, thatskablamo said:

You are not alone. The psyche of this fan base is something even the greatest of Sigmund’s disciples could not grasp. 

Sigmund and his disciples used sexual drives as the main issue of psychic problems. Jung and his disciples preferred to deal with archetypal personalities. I do not think any school of thinking about psych problems has found THE answer. 

As far as the clip from Pat Forde, it is not over until it is over and it is not over until Schertz says what he is going to do.

5 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

Misinformed for sure.

Yeah I had to chuckle when, I think the same poster, suggested Schertz has brought their program so far already that moving to SLU would be a step down for him at this point.

4 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Pretty bad end of game management. Why call a time out to not have a play.  I hope he learns from that if he’s coming here 

LOL .... And I suppose you are a big time coach or something.  

1 minute ago, WVBilliken said:

LOL .... And I suppose you are a big time coach or something.  

I mean I do coach kids but that’s not the point.  You draw all over your board to just inbound and jack a 3?  Plus allow a 9-0 run to lose basically in a home game.   Defense is not a strong point with this coach.  Maybe he’s innovative on offense but he sure wasn’t in the most critical moment.  

2 hours ago, Deutschkind said:

I need to remember to come back to this thread when Schertz is moving on in a few years when I'm sure that everyone will be very composed and rational 

Fair enough but this is not something that they just heard today it has been out there for pushing 3 weeks.  They surely have had enough time to be moving through the stages of grief by now.

Before anyone attacks me as not being a fan, I will be sitting court side at the women's game saturday so feel free to come visit. Ill wear a purple hat or something so you can find me.

We all know the A10 fancies itself as the little Big East. Its a rough and tumble grind it out league for the most part. Finesse offense teams that don't guard and can't win ugly don't do well in the A10.  Every loss Indiana State had they either shot horrible for the game or fell into a funk in a bad spot like tonight and the 2 drake losses.  Schertz showed no ability to get his team to gut it out in those scenarios and figure out how to win without shots falling.  And ok he hung 100 on Utah but gave up 90....  It just isn't a style I see working well.

And as mentioned above, if he does have any success he will just leave probably.   We need to find a legacy coach.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

If what we heard about the 2 million annual salary is true it would be tough to pass up - that is almost 3 Xs what they are offering.  As far as the NIL situation goes, he apparently got what he asked for - in fact someone posted that they were going to raise 3-400,000 for NIL is true then that also is well below us.  Now all that said, I would be remiss to not point out that I have been saying all along that until the announcement is made officially anything can happen.

1 minute ago, stmdragons said:

All of the morons on Twitter calling this a lateral move make me want to bash my head against a wall. I can’t wait for next season. 

I agree that is not a lateral move...thats silly.  I just have issues with the coaching style and philosophy.  Clearly an upgrade.

45 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

I mean I do coach kids but that’s not the point.  You draw all over your board to just inbound and jack a 3?  Plus allow a 9-0 run to lose basically in a home game.   Defense is not a strong point with this coach.  Maybe he’s innovative on offense but he sure wasn’t in the most critical moment.  

Clearly defense is secondary to him but this why you have assistant coaches.  You hire one who knows defense and can teach it.  We will see what kind of coach he is as we watch him fill out his staff.

His team attacked at the end instead of letting Yuri dribble for 20 seconds and play hero ball. If they make one of those open 3s at the end, the game was over. Game was tied at half and lost by 2. -2 from halftime would had been Ford’s best coaching performance. Btw, we lost to SIU-C by 40.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Clearly defense is secondary to him but this why you have assistant coaches.  You hire one who knows defense and can teach it.  We will see what kind of coach he is as we watch him fill out his staff.

Thats valid.   I am a defense first coach and I have an assistant who is almost a football style offensive coordinator.   I hope he does find that person for defense because I don't think they are on the Sycamore staff with him right now

David King likes this

24 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

And as mentioned above, if he does have any success he will just leave probably.   We need to find a legacy coach.

If that happens we get the next version of him at this point or better.  Look at Xavier over the years, coaches leave and they replace with capable replacements through Mack.  It’s the life you live in at this level.  Ford was a “legacy” coach, F that.

2 hours ago, stmdragons said:

All of the morons on Twitter calling this a lateral move make me want to bash my head against a wall. I can’t wait for next season. 

Terra Haute "Gateway to sparsely populated S Illinois"