• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Young Charles said:

If we can't land Schertz lets get Randy Bennett back on our bench? 

I wish but I think he's one of those rare unicorns that likes where he's at and plans to stay despite better paying offers.  Cal was open last year, Stanford is open, UW, WSU likely to be open all more likely regional spots.

I'm not sure who my preferred fall back candidate is.  Or the realistic fall back candidate.  Besides Mack there's been no rumors about other coaches, except that one guy that played at SMS.

I'm intrigued by Colgate's Langel

Murse15 likes this

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I wish but I think he's one of those rare unicorns that likes where he's at and plans to stay despite better paying offers.  Cal was open last year, Stanford is open, UW, WSU likely to be open all more likely regional spots.

I'm not sure who my preferred fall back candidate is.  Or the realistic fall back candidate.  Besides Mack there's been no rumors about other coaches, except that one guy that played at SMS.

Buckyball. Samford.

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Thanks to WPB for finding it, Trilly is saying he continues to hear a deal is in place, just waiting for ISU season to end. to announce. 

I missed this - where did he post this - thanks

Just now, Soderball said:

Buckyball. Samford.

Norlander and Parrish think they can take down KU.  If you're not paying attention KU doesn't have depth and their best players are hurt.  They took the B12 tournament off in which they were a 6 seed, a really bad season for KU.

So Samford presses non-stop every play and jacks 3s.  If they wear out KU and hit their 3s that's a huge upset of a Blueblood.

I think Bucky would be fun but I bet he goes somewhere south.

2 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

i was all in on Ford when he got Goodwin. downhill from that point on

Actually - it was all downhill a little later, he added Perk, Yuri and Gibby to go along with HG and Hasahn. That was his best roster, a good mix of bullyball and skill. That group cracked the Top 25 and was destined for an at-large, then.... he hosted the COVID birthday party for his son - that really was the beginning of the end. He had a chance to make some noise the next season, but Perk blew it out his knee. I actually think Ford did a solid job with that team. Then last year, he really had one more shot at it - Perk did not return fully healthy, but also Ford did a poor job of adding pieces to that roster. 

SLU_Lax and billiken_roy like this

26 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

On a certain candidate. This!

Well duh, he doesn’t mention if the guy went to his or his kid’s high school.  The important things in hiring coaches with T-Ravs, Cards baseball and nothing to do with merit.

3 minutes ago, TRN said:

Well duh, he doesn’t mention if the guy went to his or his kid’s high school.  The important things in hiring coaches with T-Ravs, Cards baseball and nothing to do with merit.

His well-off elite prep high school. Let's say it as it is.

10 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Will Wade. 

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Deadspin say $3mm salary. Wow, if true, someone bellied up to the bar big time. And you know any coach is going to ask for a healthy NIL ckbook as well. 

I would be shocked if we pay anybody 3 million

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m not sure the outlet that is literally a corpse is going to know it before this message board knows it. 

Yeah, the entire staff (11 people) were laid off last week after being sold. 

1 minute ago, TRN said:

Yeah, the entire staff (11 people) were laid off last week after being sold. 

The whole article is probably AI. It also said the game is Tuesday, it’s Wednesday. So they aren’t exactly doing fact checking. 

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Schertz is the new Pope of the Church of the Billiken?

Hahahaha this dude does have flair.

Does he do this much for all the schools or is he specially involved here?