Transfers - 2024

ACE

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Speyburn said:

Bradley Ezewiro goes to UAB. Stef Van Bussel and Djordje Curcic both end up at Charleston.

I’ll have to take in a few CofC games to catch Curcic and VanB. I wonder if they would have stayed at SLU if Schertz had kept Harriman. 

20 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I’ll have to take in a few CofC games to catch Curcic and VanB. I wonder if they would have stayed at SLU if Schertz had kept Harriman. 

SVB would've stayed at SLU if Schertz wanted him to stay.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

23 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Can’t believe Schertz didn’t think he could use Curcic though. He could be a stud under Mack at Charleston

I don't know if that's a fair narrative, to be honest. It's entirely possible they wanted to follow the guy that believed in them enough to bring them over from Croatia and Netherlands respectively and also play a larger role at a lower level. Who knows. I personally would have kept him and SVB. 

19 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This is important.  Hopefully next year's portal will be a little more sane then this season's when the Covid players are through.  This also should give freshmen a better chance in recruitment.

Thanks for posting, interesting to see the numbers (23.3%!). It will be nice to have that COVID year essentially out of the equation. I know and understand the intent of it, but it harmed a lot of high school players and in connection with NIL has really made things crazy the past few seasons. Personally, I would like to see some transfer rules, but do not expect to see that happen anytime soon.

HoosierPal likes this

51 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

This is important.  Hopefully next year's portal will be a little more sane then this season's when the Covid players are through.  This also should give freshmen a better chance in recruitment.

The demand to win will be the same, but the supply of players will be lower. The law of Supply and Demand would say that next year the price for a player will go up. Maybe even quite a bit.

HoosierPal likes this

1 minute ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank just said that Kyky Tandy will be visiting SLU in the near future.

We recruited him out of high school - played at Xavier. Good 3-pint shooting and free throws: doesn't help with assists or rebounds. Not sure what kind of defender he is. He put up good numbers last year and he's very experienced.

5 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Man we on the board were so high on him coming out of high school, but still not as high on him as his dad was giving ultimatums to Calipari.

11 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

FWIW Swope follows Tandy on Twitter.  Swope is from the Evansville, IN area which is about an hour away from Tandy's hometown of Hopkinsville, KY.  I can't find on Google if they played on the same AAU team or anything, but presumably they know each other.

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Can’t believe Schertz didn’t think he could use Curcic though. He could be a stud under Mack at Charleston

I would have been upset if Schertz thought he couldn't find a higher level player than Curcic to fit in his system. Curcic is a better suited playing in the CAA. Win/Win for both SLU Basketball and Curcic.

This was the scouting report on TyTy coming out of high school. Curious if he is regarded as a good defender now. I feel like we still need that element.

At only about 6-foot-1, is an off-the-ball player who has the potential to be a high-level scorer. Built like a tailback, is fast, explosive and powerful. A good shooter from deep, and should only get better with reps. When attacking the rim he uses his significant vertical explosion and strength to finish through taller players. On the defensive end his toughness and athleticism give him significant potential, though he does need to have more of a commitment - especially off the ball. A solid prospect who can play both guard spots, but is more suited as a scorer who is a secondary ball handler and decision maker.