GDT: SLU v. St. Josephs

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Jesus, but if it would be nice to get a reason to claim cause in a termination.

I'll pay a kid at the next away game to provoke Ford to go full Marcus Smart 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TheA_Bomb said:

SJU has to be thinking about firing Lange right?  This is his best team in years and they're bad

I've never understood the lange hire and I think StJ just accepts this mediocrity and badness. 6-5 in this atrocious league is not good, 2 wins over LaSalle and one over us 🤮

They aren't going anywhere.

Parker had a very good game with 34 points, unfortunately we lost 87 to 86 when Parker missed with his last shot of the game and StJ got the rebound with basically no time to go. We played a good tight game but not a very good game. We had 22 TOs vs  their 10. which is significantly worse than them. From the point of view of the number of TOs we probably should have lost the game. However we ended 1 point down when our last goal attempt did not go in. StJ got the rebound and that was it.

The  stats were on the bad side for us, however, the performance of the team was fully deserving of a win and we would have done so had the last Parker shot gone in. We did deserve to win in my opinion.

Great game for the Bills, unfortunately a loss. Bummer. We did better than was expected.

If you are interested in  the numbers, by Team Rankings, StJ was above SLU in just about all of their stats both defensive and offensive. They are ranked 101, we are ranked 197, and St. J was expected to beat us by 10 points not by a single point in the last second of the game. A great effort in the side of the Bills, but nevertheless a loss.

We are still at the bottom of the league since La Salle will presumably lose again against Richmond, an ongoing game at this time.

Again, a great game worth to be proud of. No change in position otherwise.

David King likes this

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Somebody had to record this.

I hope so add it to the national level embarrassing stories from this year burnergate, clown noses, now this

44 minutes ago, Soderball said:

The complaints about the refs are really getting old. Blame CTF.

Can't turn your head on 20+ turnovers.  That's on Ford.  The lack of fundamentals and just focus on what they are doing is incredibly stupid

Soderball likes this

59 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I know Medley takes a lot of heat (and rightfully so) but he got hacked on that play called a jump ball and then appeared to get all ball on the foul call against him. Tough break for the kid. One game closer to the end of the Ford era. 

Agree on that jump ball call anyway.

54 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Full ride scholarship. The hawk trains for that duty. It is the same kid.

I believe two people split the schollie and do share the duties game day.  It seems I read it someplace but can't remember where.

35 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Players on the floor for the vast majority of the time need to be Parker, Hughes, Thames, TJ and Gibson…..no big man, but I don’t care.  This is far and away our most effective set.  Parker and Hughes share the point duties.

Thames is very athletic and fun to watch.  If he were to start though he would be sitting very quickly with 3 quick fouls in the first half.

39 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Just seemed like he broke down I'm not sure but his voice cracked and then nothing.  Seemed like he was going to crack a few post game interview now.  Dude is amped you see his halftime on court? Usually it's like a sentence dude was talking like he took a nipple bump off Tate in the locker room

I miss the nipple bump days 😔

Sincere is the 4th player to drop 30 points in back to back games in SLU history.  The others are McKinney, Bonner and Hughes.  21st player to have multiple 30 point games in their career & the 14th player to have multiple 30 point games in the same season.  Only players with more 30 point games in the same season are Hughes 5, Bonner, Wiley, McKinney all with 4, and Jimmy Irving with 3.

Adman likes this

1 hour ago, CenHudDude said:

Thames is very athletic and fun to watch.  If he were to start though he would be sitting very quickly with 3 quick fouls in the first half.

I’m just saying these are our five best players.  Play them at the same time.  Fun to watch.   Let the chips fall where they may….