Midtown Madness: S4E22 $2.5 Million Worth of Travis Ford Excuses

Season 4 of the Midtown Madness Podcast is brought to you by Two Men and a Garden! That’s right they are fueling this podcast with not only delicious pickles, but salsas and most recently Harissa sauce. They are the real deal! Their products are delicious and more importantly local to St. Louis. You can pick up their many products at any local grocery stores or online where they ship nationwide!

💻https://twomenandagarden.com/

🐦https://twitter.com/2mensalsa

📸https://www.instagram.com/2mensalsa

On This Episode

• Travis Ford Excuse and Public Relations Tour in Full Swing and we’re already tired

• Why his excuses don’t pass 15 seconds of critical thinking.

• Why injuries and preventing them are a part of the test of any athletics organization

• WBB gets much needed relief in road W @ UMass

• Around the A10

• Our Survivor Pool Pick Tiers for Week 2

🐦 https://twitter.com/MidtownMadPod

📸https://www.instagram.com/midtownmadpod/

View the full article

TheChosenOne likes this

one comment on players not being prepared to play; it's not just a "lifelong dream" to play D1 college ball. The players and coaches are quite literally PAID to win basketball games. They are paid to do a job and that is play and win hoops during the November-March months. They aren't paid to be out of shape and be unable to play long minutes. That argument of being unpaid amateur "kids" held water a decade ago and certainly when I made this account. Today it is the truth. That's part of what comes with NIL being the law of the land today. Players have to take that with wanting the pay and salaries. They are subject to criticism and accountable for failure to produce just like other professional athletes are.

JMM28 and thatskablamo like this

23 minutes ago, Soderball said:

@billikenfan05

Zach one comment on players not being prepared to play; it's not just a "lifelong dream" to play D1 college ball. The players and coaches are quite literally PAID to win basketball games. They are paid to do a job and that is play and win hoops during the November-March months. They aren't paid to be out of shape and be unable to play long minutes. That argument of being unpaid amateur "kids" held water a decade ago and certainly when I made this account. Today it is the truth. That's part of what comes with NIL being the law of the land today. Players have to take that with wanting the pay and salaries. They are subject to criticism and accountable for failure to produce just like other professional athletes are.

95% agree. I will say that not all guys are getting paid big bucks so a walk on or end of the rotation guy is going to get a pass from me. But a guy like Jimmerson - absolutely. 

6 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

95% agree. I will say that not all guys are getting paid big bucks so a walk on or end of the rotation guy is going to get a pass from me. But a guy like Jimmerson - absolutely. 

thought it was clear i wasn't talking about non-revenue sports; and i'm really focusing in on Football and MBB. I would hope noone would boo or call out a walk-on.

There's some WBB who are getting paid who it applies to, but an extremely slim minority.

In D1 MBB and D1 FB it's pretty much all of the players; some making seven figures, some making five. Same thing.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

It's been an amusing afternoon on the website formerly known as Twitter dot com.

Random Ford Family Burner Account says its a $10,000,000 buyout. His agent should be put into the agent hall of fame for that. Chris May should be launched into the same cannon pointed towards the sun for this. 

Imagine this. A coach gets fired from a job with all the resources you could ever want. He is being paid 2.4-2.6 million a year. He is the definition of mediocre but has a ton of talent. Another AD hires this guy at a lower level with lower resources but pays him the EXACT same dollar amount annually. Now, no one else was bidding against this AD for the services of this coach. Shockingly enough, the coach performs the same - average, but again the new spot has less resources so the floor is lower. The AD gives him an extension with a full buyout for some unknown reason. 

I mean jesus how bad is Chris May? Who is Ford's agent? I want him to represent me in something. 

1 minute ago, Midtown Madness said:

He dared me to.

To be clear, I’m not saying you were in the wrong or anything. I appreciate what you guys do.  It’s just another embarrassing day to be a Billikens fan.

OMG!  Is Travis' son is setting up burner accounts to defend his dad?   If this is true this is really embarrassing.    Good lord, if you can't handle this level of heat you probably shouldn't be coaching for your family's sake.  Try being any SEC football coach who loses ANY game.   

4 hours ago, JMM28 said:

Random Ford Family Burner Account says its a $10,000,000 buyout. His agent should be put into the agent hall of fame for that. Chris May should be launched into the same cannon pointed towards the sun for this. 

Imagine this. A coach gets fired from a job with all the resources you could ever want. He is being paid 2.4-2.6 million a year. He is the definition of mediocre but has a ton of talent. Another AD hires this guy at a lower level with lower resources but pays him the EXACT same dollar amount annually. Now, no one else was bidding against this AD for the services of this coach. Shockingly enough, the coach performs the same - average, but again the new spot has less resources so the floor is lower. The AD gives him an extension with a full buyout for some unknown reason. 

I mean jesus how bad is Chris May? Who is Ford's agent? I want him to represent me in something. 

No way the buyout is 10 million….right?

Cant be…right.

good lord I hope not.