SLU Baseball 2024

OkieBilliken

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rally in the 9th killed with two on and our 2B sticks his elbow out for what appears to be a HBP- ump calls a third strike. Ballgame. Fordham wins 8-4. An unacceptable Saturday loss. Weber looked lost out there on the mound. 

Offense has ground to a halt.   Still missing three starters and #1 pitcher with injuries.  Eeked out a 3-1 win at Lindenwood last night.    Very worried about our weekend series at GW.  We are actually behind last year’s pace in conference.   Last year at this time we were 9-3.  We currently stand 8-4.   Unless we can get some dudes back from injuries, this has the possibility of becoming a very disappointing season.  I was counting on this year being the first SLU regional I was going to be able to travel to. 

DirtyRican likes this

14 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Offense has ground to a halt.   Still missing three starters and #1 pitcher with injuries.  Eeked out a 3-1 win at Lindenwood last night.    Very worried about our weekend series at GW.  We are actually behind last year’s pace in conference.   Last year at this time we were 9-3.  We currently stand 8-4.   Unless we can get some dudes back from injuries, this has the possibility of becoming a very disappointing season.  I was counting on this year being the first SLU regional I was going to be able to travel to. 

I was at the Lindenwood game last night.  The Lion's didn't throw anything special but made a few nice plays.  There were a few scouts there that looking to be honed in on Clohisy and Gray.

OkieBilliken likes this

Okay this is getting F***ING ridiculous!!!!  I was away for a couple of days and find out the yes, we took the series from GW, but @$#%##%@#$##  our leading candidate for conference player of the year Pat Clohisy was hit by a pitch Saturday and removed from the game and didnt play Sunday.    We are TOAST if he we are going to be missing him.   This is BS!   We have two Player of the Year type offensive weapons and both are out because of HPBs!     @BillTheCat???  ANYONE???  close to the program have any updates??????

51 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Okay this is getting F***ING ridiculous!!!!  I was away for a couple of days and find out the yes, we took the series from GW, but @$#%##%@#$##  our leading candidate for conference player of the year Pat Clohisy was hit by a pitch Saturday and removed from the game and didnt play Sunday.    We are TOAST if he we are going to be missing him.   This is BS!   We have two Player of the Year type offensive weapons and both are out because of HPBs!     @BillTheCat???  ANYONE???  close to the program have any updates??????

SLU92 is that you?

Clohisy was actually hurt on a slide, not an HBP, should be back relatively quickly. Preston got injured on Saturday but played Sunday. Moore and Neuweg are injured as well.

Soundly beating a Big East school is always good.   But what's great is getting Hayden Moore (2 hits/1 rbi) and Tommy Ray (1 scoreless inning) back.   

After getting his 500th win as a SLU coach earlier this year, Coach Hendo is going to get his 1,000th career win this weekend!   If there was any justice in the world SLU would build him a stadium, name it after him and put his freaking statue in front of it.