GDT: SLU v. Drake

SluSignGuy

SLU Men's Basketball Game Notes & Information
Game No. 10 Saint Louis (5-4) at Drake (7-1)
Date // Time Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2023 // 7 p.m.
Location Des Moines, Iowa (Knapp Center)
Radio KMOX 1120 AM (Bob Ramsey, Earl Austin Jr.)
Stream ESPN+
Live Stats StatBroadcast
Series History Saint Louis leads 54-30
Game Notes Saint Louis | Drake

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Shoulda bet my life savings on this one. Coulda got out of student loan and credit card debt. 

I posted on the other thread but your time to make money was the Wichita game in Myrtle. I posted too about LU vs WSU. Vegas wasn't onto us like they are now. You shoulda bet the farm on that one. You might have even been able to get dinner at Sizzler's.

3 minutes ago, Soderball said:

I posted on the other thread but your time to make money was the Wichita game in Myrtle. I posted too about LU vs WSU. Vegas wasn't onto us like they are now. You shoulda bet the farm on that one. You might have even been able to get dinner at Sizzler's.

tenor.gif

Probably the most down I’ve ever been on our program, been following since early 2000s…. At least in Crews’ final years, we had recent success to look back on, and knew that it was coming to an end sooner than later.  Only thing close is the Soderberg years, and I’d 100% take Uncle Brad over Ford right now. 

45 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Probably the most down I’ve ever been on our program, been following since early 2000s…. At least in Crews’ final years, we had recent success to look back on, and knew that it was coming to an end sooner than later.  Only thing close is the Soderberg years, and I’d 100% take Uncle Brad over Ford right now. 

Been here for 30 years.(which is also as long as ive been alive. i was going to billiken games before i could walk).. my dad's been a season tix holder since the 70s. At least with Crews we knew he was going to be gone. Anyone who knew anything knew that Crews should have never gotten the job. Sports media are often not very smart or in-tune people; or are so dependent on "official line" rubbish that their insight is worthless. Bought and paid for. Remember Cusumano asking "why havent they given him the job yet?" haha. He doesn't talk about that now.

You are right that this is rock bottom. Ekker, and Grawer's last year, Albrecht, they didn't get jacked for 100 at Dale of Carbon. Only Crews' teams had less talent and hope. Those guys had to be run off the team. Van Bussel and Bruce are looking more and more like Neufeld and Gillman the more i watch.

5 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

We'll put up a fight tonight. Even bad teams can respond from getting embarrassed like we did on Saturday. I don't know that it'll ever be a close game but I think it's around a 10-15 point final margin. 

I could see this. Like I said in the Wiz's thread, Drake doesn't really run away with games. They'll keep us at arm's distance, though. I'm guessing more than 10, less than 20 for a final margin.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I could see this. Like I said in the Wiz's thread, Drake doesn't really run away with games. They'll keep us at arm's distance, though. I'm guessing more than 10, less than 20 for a final margin.

Pretty sad that that’s our best case scenario, basically. 

8 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

I was younger and drank heavy during Crews years, so it was fun kind of. 

I’m older and sober for this…. It’s unbearable 

It sucks. I still schedule my nights around watching the game but I do it knowing I’m going to be disappointed by halftime.

Alarm goes off to early to drink these games tolerable. 

NextYearBill likes this

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

It sucks. I still schedule my nights around watching the game but I do it knowing I’m going to be disappointed by halftime.

Alarm goes off to early to drink these games tolerable. 

Glad I turned it off Saturday after the first half to watch football ... the second half must of been brutal.

NextYearBill likes this

1 minute ago, WVBilliken said:

Glad I turned it off Saturday after the first half to watch football ... the second half must of been brutal.

I made it all the way until the end.

Not sure why. 
 Blues start at 8 so we will see how it goes tonight.