Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

I don’t think anyone’s mentioned this, but Mizzou is looking for a new AD. How about a guy who has extensive experience as an AD in the same state, and who has knowledge of the St Louis market? Chris May to Columbia! Who’s with me on this?

Guess who is a VP of the firm selected by Mizzou to find an AD?  Coach Gates wife. Conflict?

48 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Guess who is a VP of the firm selected by Mizzou to find an AD?  Coach Gates wife. Conflict?

Why no!

Thats actually hilarious, you can’t make stuff like that up.  Well if Coach Gates wants someone in the AD chair that will do what they’re told….

Y'all know I'm not a SPUMAC fan but who cares if the coach has input/influence albeit indirectly to the AD hire. I'm telling you alignment in the programs is key to winning these days. It takes a machine. Row the boat and all that

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

She should recommend whoever Drink wants as his AD.  Football is king in the SEC, keep the coach of the golden goose happy.   I hope they hire the worst candidate possible, maybe they can get a mediocre AD with no football experience for the last 15 years.

15 minutes ago, TRN said:

She should recommend whoever Drink wants as his AD.  Football is king in the SEC, keep the coach of the golden goose happy.   I hope they hire the worst candidate possible, maybe they can get a mediocre AD with no football experience for the last 15 years.

Chris May sounds like a good candidate to me

Has anyone noticed Drake MBB and WBB are both conference champions? They both made the tournament for the second year in a row. The W Soccer team also won the conference.

Is Drake AD a better job than SLU?  I don't think so.  Maybe that's a good candidate.

Brian Hardin former Deputy Director of Athletics at Marquette.

https://godrakebulldogs.com/staff-directory/brian-hardin/296#:~:text=Brian Hardin - Director of Athletics - Staff Directory - Drake University Athletics

• 3 weeks later...

I like the article, when you need to have articles like this written you know there's problems/pressure.  So it's good.

I think, I hope May retires soon. Because I don't think SLU is competitive (cut throat) enough to fire him. So they'll let him retire.

Keep the pressure on. SLU AD isn't a cush spot to chill and collect a check. We need results. We need some leadership. We can do better than Chris May.

11 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I like the article, when you need to have articles like this written you know there's problems/pressure.  So it's good.

I think, I hope May retires soon. Because I don't think SLU is competitive (cut throat) enough to fire him. So they'll let him retire.

Keep the pressure on. SLU AD isn't a cush spot to chill and collect a check. We need results. We need some leadership. We can do better than Chris May.

I have a suspicion that once the new President comes in there will be a change in the AD position.  It will be presented as a “retirement” with all the ceremonial stuff and the gold watch, etc.  Then, a new person will take over.  Perhaps that person has already been identified and is employed in another position. 

TheA_Bomb likes this

12 hours ago, ACE said:

This was never going to come down to a "grass roots movement." That's child's play. If this type of change was going to happen, it was going to be driven by the adults, led by Doc Chaifetz. We should all be thankful to have this kind of support.

Agree. Grassroots was a joke. I’m sure they’re organizing now to remove May. 

57 minutes ago, DOC said:

Agree. Grassroots was a joke. I’m sure they’re organizing now to remove May. 

Coach Ford is gone. 

SLU is hiring a coach that many on this board wanted.

Actions taken by people in this thread made national level websites.

Multiple articles about AD May's future. 

Rumors swirling that May is retiring. 

I'm sure all that had nothing to do with the pressure amped up by posters on this board, podcasts, X posts. 

I'd like to thank you @DOC for the role you so willingly played. You see, despite your ignorance and inane posts you helped to bump this thread to the top.  Thus keeping it active and your constant, ignorant, bad takes became the representation of those against the movement.

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Coach Ford is gone. 

SLU is hiring a coach that many on this board wanted.

Actions taken by people in this thread made national level websites.

Multiple articles about AD May's future. 

Rumors swirling that May is retiring. 

I'm sure all that had nothing to do with the pressure amped up by posters on this board, podcasts, X posts. 

I'd like to thank you @DOC for the role you so willingly played. You see, despite your ignorance and inane posts you helped to bump this thread to the top.  Thus keeping it active and your constant, ignorant, bad takes became the representation of those against the movement.

You thinking you played a part in getting Ford fired is how delusional you are. Can’t wait for the May billboard. 

1 minute ago, DOC said:

You thinking you played a part in getting Ford fired is how delusional you are. Can’t wait for the May billboard. 

DOC, regardless of who deserves credit, I hope you are able to transition away from 100% negative posting.

The fan base is more energized right now than I've seen it in a long, long time. We can all move forward together.

RUBillsFan likes this

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

You thinking this isn't already in the works, and not grass roots is adorable.

I didn’t say it wasn’t in the works. For someone who talks so much you sure are bad at reading. I said now that the movement has momentum they will certainly go after May. 

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

DOC, regardless of who deserves credit, I hope you are able to transition away from 100% negative posting.

The fan base is more energized right now than I've seen it in a long, long time. We can all move forward together.

Your partner posted another lengthy negative post about May today.  His 100th of the year. Why not ask the same of yourselves? 

MB73 likes this

12 minutes ago, DOC said:

Your partner posted another lengthy negative post about May today.  His 100th of the year. Why not ask the same of yourselves? 

Thanks for the bump DOC.  You're the best. 

Fire Chris May.  

4 hours ago, DOC said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t in the works. For someone who talks so much you sure are bad at reading. I said now that the movement has momentum they will certainly go after May. 

I know. I've actually posted on multiple occasions that I don't read. It's not some new insult.

The online campaign to dump Ford and hire Schertz/not hire Ahearn had a definite effect on the decisions made in the last few weeks.  

How can you not see this?

Burnergate doesn't happen without the online pressure.  That embarrassment was the tipping point in Ford's tenure.  There was no coming back after that.

The AD's office is still talking about the box of clown noses.  It was a big black eye for them.  May might still have them, he did for several weeks after.

The silly multi year flirtation with Blake Ahearn was put down completely by online pressure.

Schertz as a a candidate was enhanced exponentially by the support of him online.

But yeah the grassroots thing was stupid.

The AD, Board of Trustees, and big boosters all read this board and Billikens Twitter.  What we say does influence and shape their decisions.