Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

2 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Has anyone said the buyout is still 10 M? Normally, a buyout drops as you get closer to the end of an agreement. So, it probably dropped at least 2.5 M. If we had 7 M last year to pay a buyout, probably still do this year.

Try to keep up. Chris May is sooooooo stupid, he gave Trav an evergreen contract

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Has anyone said the buyout is still 10 M? Normally, a buyout drops as you get closer to the end of an agreement. So, it probably dropped at least 2.5 M. If we had 7 M last year to pay a buyout, probably still do this year.

A poster of known credibility and a history of providing accurate information indicated that the buyout was more than $10mil and the contract at 10 years.

10 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Ford is coaching for his next job at this point. Any and every coaching decision will be to try to make him more marketable this spring 

No he’s headed for a broadcast job. The younger Seth Greenberg. 

12 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

A poster of known credibility and a history of providing accurate information indicated that the buyout was more than $10mil and the contract at 10 years.

If this is true we’re effed. 

27 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I heard it was 20 million for 15 years. No One Knows. 

25 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Right, but he said that was at the end of last year. Ford has been paid 2.5 million over the last year. It should be closer to 7.5 million. All we are talking about is the remaining money on Ford’s contract. It is not a static number.

If someone else wanted to steal Ford from us, the buyout in that instance could be a static number, like 1-2 million. It is a different concept.

Just now, willie said:

I heard it was 20 million for 15 years. No One Knows. 

Well that's simply untrue. People do know.

Once again your skepticism is noted.

6 minutes ago, willie said:

I do know he doesn’t have a 10 year contract .

What was the number then? I didn't scroll back up.

We've caught TheOne blowing smoke before.

It doesn't matter how much money or how many years he has left.  We are dead last in the A10.  He's fired.

Someone or several people will buy out his contract, and the person who gave him that contract will pay a price for handing it out.

In the same vein as I would stop supporting SLU if Ford was retained, I will stop supporting SLU if by giving out a foolishly large contract to a mediocre coach, they had to pay large sums to buy him out and went too cheap on the next coach because of it.

2 hours ago, stmdragons said:

I’d like to think you’re right. I still have a fear that if we somehow go on a mini run to end the season it’ll be spun in a way to kick the can down the road for another year. 

I hope I am wrong, but it’s hard to see us going on a run, mini or otherwise, by the end of the year.

4 minutes ago, thetorch said:

It doesn't matter how much money or how many years he has left.  We are dead last in the A10.  He's fired.

Someone or several people will buy out his contract, and the person who gave him that contract will pay a price for handing it out.

I hope you’re right. Until it happens, I don’t have the trust in SLU that they will do it. I felt the same way in Crews’ last season, and as we all know now, he was officially fired as soon as the buzzer sounded in our last game of the season. Hopefully I just have trust issues with SLU.

Soderball likes this

On 1/30/2024 at 11:50 AM, brianstl said:

Take Tatum off the list.  It wasn't going to be him as the head coach anyway, but he is staying in Australia.  

Only after Travis Ford finishes his "great job" here. 

tatum.png

15 minutes ago, thunderdan said:

Only after Travis Ford finishes his "great job" here. 

tatum.png

In his interview the other day with Martin Kilcoyne he seemed....pretty uninterested in coaching at any level besides Pro level. 

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

In his interview the other day with Martin Kilcoyne he seemed....pretty uninterested in coaching at any level besides Pro level. 

I've been trying to find the interview online all morning. Is there a link that I'm missing or did you hear it live?

Just listening to Frank on 590 now and he is going on and on about how Ford needs NIL $$$. 100% true, the new coach will too! What I want to know is who is blackmailing Frank? May or Ford or both? I’m sorry this year isn’t an excuse, NIL didn’t just sneak up on the program. Crews didn’t have NIL and Ford didn’t have to deal with it until recently. I don’t blame big donors not giving Ford money after last year, May hyped up that team as the greatest Billikens team ever, we know how that ended. IF big donors don’t agree with NIL ok, doesn’t change reality if you want to win. Maybe May should focus on raising money, finding new donors instead of asking same big guys all the time? Have the balls to say hey we need to win, this is what it’ll take and do something. He won’t, guy is biggest wiener in town. Both need to go and Frank has turned into a puppet for Travis and May, what a hill to die on defending! It’s becoming comical all the excuses. 

TheChosenOne likes this

16 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Just listening to Frank on 590 now and he is going on and on about how Ford needs NIL $$$. 100% true, the new coach will too! What I want to know is who is blackmailing Frank? May or Ford or both? I’m sorry this year isn’t an excuse, NIL didn’t just sneak up on the program. Crews didn’t have NIL and Ford didn’t have to deal with it until recently. I don’t blame big donors not giving Ford money after last year, May hyped up that team as the greatest Billikens team ever, we know how that ended. IF big donors don’t agree with NIL ok, doesn’t change reality if you want to win. Maybe May should focus on raising money, finding new donors instead of asking same big guys all the time? Have the balls to say hey we need to win, this is what it’ll take and do something. He won’t, guy is biggest wiener in town. Both need to go and Frank has turned into a puppet for Travis and May, what a hill to die on defending! It’s becoming comical all the excuses. 

Frank is a huge Pitino fanboy and was in love with his Kentucky teams.  Ford was a part of those teams, so naturally he’s a great coach is his mind.  

And don’t underestimate the influence of having access to a program either.  There’s always the chance you get a Majerus type coach that gives 2 sh*ts about local media and removes that access.  

NIL isn’t the reason this team sucks.  It’s the roster constructed by the head coach and lack of any coherent system in place offensively or defensively.  But, in Frank’s mind Travis needs NIL to get the next Mashburn and all will be well.

Soderball likes this