2023-2024 Season

Aquinas

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Blasphemy. Rick could teach hoops. Recall Mitchell, Ellis, et al. They couldn’t defend a blind mouse. Yet they became really good defenders under Rick. Then add in his X’s and O’s and you have a coach. 

One thing I noticed about Majerus's high school recruiting is he recruited guards who were ball hawks in high school.  Mitchell and McCall got a lot of steals in high school and that ability translated in college.  Once you add the precision required by Majerus, those guys became defensive weapons.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Blasphemy. Rick could teach hoops. Recall Mitchell, Ellis, et al. They couldn’t defend a blind mouse. Yet they became really good defenders under Rick. Then add in his X’s and O’s and you have a coach. 

They were quicker, which is very important on defense.

Jimerson would be a much better player today under rickma's tutelage, so would Hargrove. Parker is just a tremendous player on any roster.

Again we are talking about Ford's old recruiting. This recruiting class he has this year is pretty limited imo. We have ineligible guys, tim dalger, mike meadows, and Bruce/van Bussel.

I mean people on this forum cheered for Crews' guys too, and they also won over 10 games each year. My point is that we are back at that level. Majerus ran off all of Sodie's last recruiting class. Ford ran off all of Crews' recruiting class.

This one we mostly have seniors that were brought in. I think Bruce will develop if he stays, Bussel I have doubts. However as I've said elsewhere this is not how teams should be recruiting and playing now. Let other schools develop guys.

This team is not good man. I saw that against Wichita State.

We need new energy and excitement, that means moving on from CTF.

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

Jimerson would be a much better player today under rickma's tutelage, so would Hargrove. Parker is just a tremendous player on any roster.

Again we are talking about Ford's old recruiting. This recruiting class he has this year is pretty limited imo. We have ineligible guys, tim dalger, mike meadows, and Bruce/van Bussel.

I mean people on this forum cheered for Crews' guys too, and they also won over 10 games each year. My point is that we are back at that level. Majerus ran off all of Sodie's last recruiting class. Ford ran off all of Crews' recruiting class.

This one we mostly have seniors that were brought in. I think Bruce will develop if he stays, Bussel I have doubts. However as I've said elsewhere this is not how teams should be recruiting and playing now. Let other schools develop guys.

Yawning 

Billfan7 likes this

8 hours ago, Soderball said:

Man, just give it up. Says he same hing umpteen different ways. 
Please…say something new.

Sheesh!!

10 hours ago, Soderball said:

This is the kind of repetitive, unhinged post that the circle jerk thread was made for.  

8 minutes ago, Billfan7 said:

This is the kind of repetitive, unhinged post that the circle jerk thread was made for.  

2 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

Sheesh!!

I mean it’s the same season, the same coach, same schtick with the media. Perhaps you could describe eight seasons of Ford’s “I usually like to play fast, but just don’t have the personnel for it” as unhinged or repetitive? 

cheeseman likes this

22 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I mean it’s the same season, the same coach, same schtick with the media. Perhaps you could describe eight seasons of Ford’s “I usually like to play fast, but just don’t have the personnel for it” as unhinged or repetitive? 

I am not defending Ford.  I would welcome a change as would most people ( I think).  It is the repetitive posts that are killing me.  That guy has said the same. thing a million times over the last year (maybe slightly exaggerating) - that is the "unhinged" part.  We get it no need to keep repeating it.  

25 minutes ago, Billfan7 said:

I am not defending Ford.  I would welcome a change as would most people ( I think).  It is the repetitive posts that are killing me.  That guy has said the same. thing a million times over the last year (maybe slightly exaggerating) - that is the "unhinged" part.  We get it no need to keep repeating it.  

I understand the sentiment, for sure. This team hit rock bottom vs SIUC, that was peak reason to be angry. To expect something new to be angry about is kind of unreasonable in my opinion as the only direction is up. Although Travis is trying his best to give it to us with the shot at negative fans. 

4 minutes ago, DOC said:

I was wondering who would support someone that has posted the same comment over 100 times in the last month. 

Y'all are the message board equivalent of the "Stop Replying All" email.

-I don't know about raising his fist but he goes ballistic a lot and I've seen various behaviors, I was surprised he didn't get a T on Saturday

-one side would say he is passionate, one side would say his inability to control his emotions is comical or sad

-if he disagrees with a call by the refs he keeps on that for too long, imo

-bringing the fans into his comments was not a good idea

gabriel and Billikenbooster like this

1 minute ago, Cowboy II said:

-I don't know about raising his fist but he goes ballistic a lot and I've seen various behaviors, I was surprised he didn't get a T on Saturday

-one side would say he is passionate, one side would say his inability to control his emotions is comical or sad

-if he disagrees with a call by the refs he keeps on that for too long, imo

-bringing the fans into his comments was not a good idea

He does this every time he calls a timeout because of a player mistake. He's done this so many times that I'm shocked I can't find pictures of it. I certainly understand passion, many of you know that I let my emotions run high but you can't raise a fist to someone, especially your players.

59 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

He does this every time he calls a timeout because of a player mistake. He's done this so many times that I'm shocked I can't find pictures of it. I certainly understand passion, many of you know that I let my emotions run high but you can't raise a fist to someone, especially your players.

-I'll watch for it

7 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

Sheesh!!

I must sound like Travis Ford. "Injuries" "eligibility" .. been that way for several years now. Once there's something new to say about this program I'll say it. Until then, like Ford, it is a broken record.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Here's a new one: Ford complains about negativity but raises his fist at players when they mess up during games. 

Sounds like a load of 💩 to me. The one time I noticed it Saturday was when a player did something good on the court. You Ford haters will stop at nothing to bash him. Very sad.

Billikenbooster and AGB91 like this

10 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I feel like we've reached this basically politics level of disagreement over Travis Ford whereby anything he does is going to be seen as a negative by his detractors and a positive or excused by his supporters.

I really liked his positive energy on the bench in the first half of Drake. 

57 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Sounds like a load of 💩 to me. The one time I noticed it Saturday was when a player did something good on the court. You Ford haters will stop at nothing to bash him. Very sad.

Maybe he should stop doing things that will make us critical and start trying to be a head coach.

Article on upcoming opponent, La. Tech, regarding their 98-60 win over the other SLU, aka Southeastern Louisiana. Good quotes from the coach and players.

https://bossierpress.com/mens-college-basketball-louisiana-tech-hammers-slu-for-fourth-straight-win/

We’ll have our hands full with them.