2023-2024 Roster and Schedule

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/3/2023 at 7:11 PM, stmdragons said:

This is....strange. 

Hate doing a home and home with a team ranked #289. But, you can only play so many schools on the road that's within 2.5 hours of here. 

stmdragons likes this

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

Hate doing a home and home with a team ranked #289. But, you can only play so many schools on the road that's within 2.5 hours of here. 

Illinois State should be really improved next year and the following year. Last year was Pedons first year and had a mishmash of a roster this year. He also had the misfortune of his top assistant going on paternity leave and taking off at the beginning of the season and never returning even though it was a perfect normal and healthy baby. 

I’d hope the return game next season would be an opportunity to get a Q2 win in the 24-25 season. 

other than what's on the website already

Bruce zhang 7'1 - china 

Cian Medley 6'0 camden NJ

Tim Dalger 6'7 Tulsa from Fort Lauderdale FL

Stef Van Brussel 6'10 Netherlands 

Brad ezewiro 6'9 Gtown from Torrance CA

Aboubacar Magassa 6'8 France

On 7/7/2023 at 11:56 AM, wgstl said:

A few examples of A10 home-and-home scheduling over the last two seasons:

• SLU had Auburn, Memphis, Boise St., Iona.
  • Davidson had San Francisco, Charlotte, Delaware, Northeastern.
  • Richmond had Northern Iowa, Drake, Toledo.
  • Bonnies had Buffalo, Siena, Northern Iowa.
  • Dayton had SMU, Va. Tech.
  • UMass had Harvard, North Texas.
  • VCU had Vanderbilt.
  • George Mason had Old Dominion.
  • Fordham had Central Connecticut.

According to Bart Torvik's T-Tank system SLU will finish 15-16 and 8th in the A10 at 8-10.  This is based on the current roster.  I would put more weight into the conference prediction since the non-conference schedule isn't complete.  It feels a little more pessimistic than where I think the team finishes, but not by much if they don't add a veteran big that can give them a solid 20-25 mpg.

https://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php?conlimit=A10&state=All&year=2023&sort=

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

According to Bart Torvik's T-Tank system SLU will finish 15-16 and 8th in the A10 at 8-10.  This is based on the current roster.  I would put more weight into the conference prediction since the non-conference schedule isn't complete.  It feels a little more pessimistic than where I think the team finishes, but not by much if they don't add a veteran big that can give them a solid 20-25 mpg.

https://barttorvik.com/trankpre.php?conlimit=A10&state=All&year=2023&sort=

8 would be on low side for me, if I were betting, Id say 6-7.  Not much of a difference in rank pos, but after the first 5 or 6 teams, theres a real big drop off. 

brianstl likes this