Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

41 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Goodwin is not playing tonight 

optimistically i am reading this as he is getting a spot, so why risk more serious injury.  currently it is being called a tweeked hamstring, no sense in risking a full out pull or tear in a pre-season game if he isnt one of those in the discussion for being cut.  

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

optimistically i am reading this as he is getting a spot, so why risk more serious injury.  currently it is being called a tweeked hamstring, no sense in risking a full out pull or tear in a pre-season game if he isnt one of those in the discussion for being cut.  

I actually think that’s spot on target 

11 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

I was just passing on info for those that would be tuning in strictly for J Good.  I know everyone in here aren't the biggest NBA fans lol.

Billiken Rich likes this

From Bright Side of the Sun.

Keita Bates-Diop was the first Sun off the bench, but Jordan Goodwin was second, appearing in a Suns uniform for the first time (since Summer League, if you count that). Playing alongside — and receiving the assist from — Booker, Goodwin was able to run around off-ball into open space where he caught and cashed in an off-dribble mid-ranger.

Goodwin showed some of his upside in the following minutes as he took more of an on-ball role with Booker coming out. He has a solid feel for how to connect the offense together, especially for someone who has so little on-court time with the group, injured through much of camp.

I also like that Goodwin doesn’t mind leaning on Nurkic for a lot of the playmaking in those spots, because he’s so good at connecting in his own right, so it would be a waste to not utilize that.

MattyMo213 and Zink like this

I love that doing nothing different than what we saw at SLU for 4 years is why he's getting a shot and getting praise right now.  So many times, you hear about guys not making it in the NBA, because they don't have some necessary aspect of the game in their repertoire.   He is just being himself and playing his game and that is what is impressing people.  We will always be the ones who got to see that first.

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I love that doing nothing different than what we saw at SLU for 4 years is why he's getting a shot and getting praise right now.  So many times, you hear about guys not making it in the NBA, because they don't have some necessary aspect of the game in their repertoire.   He is just being himself and playing his game and that is what is impressing people.  We will always be the ones who got to see that first.

it doesnt hurt that his shooting percentage is indeed up across the board.  but imo the biggest difference is he is showing he is a capable point guard.  imo he always had that but ford wasnt interested in that because he already had the best point guard in america............or so he told us.

21 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

it doesnt hurt that his shooting percentage is indeed up across the board.  but imo the biggest difference is he is showing he is a capable point guard.  imo he always had that but ford wasnt interested in that because he already had the best point guard in america............or so he told us.

Most guys start shooting a bit better when then get into NBA style training and an NBA camp.  Other than that, which happens a lot, he is the same guy we saw.

26 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Most guys start shooting a bit better when then get into NBA style training and an NBA camp.  Other than that, which happens a lot, he is the same guy we saw.

The best predictor of improved shooting percentage in NBA vs college is a good free throw percentage in college.  It is really rare for a bad free throw shooter in college like Goodwin to become a better shooter in the NBA.

2 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Most guys start shooting a bit better when then get into NBA style training and an NBA camp.  

tell that to free throw shooting wilt chamberlain and shaq oneal

almaman likes this

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Ended up with 6 steals and 8 boards

From Bright Side of the Sun.

"The second quarter was the Kevin Durant show. He poured in 13 points in the quarter in a flurry to extend Phoenix’s lead. Jordan Goodwin had a stretch where he recorded 4 steals in less than 5 minutes."

"The second half was certainly a preseason basketball game. A lot of mixed rotations, sloppy play, and a stalled offense at times. That’s what happens when you aren’t playing your top guys in the preseason. It was another rehearsal filled with trial runs and experiments from Vogel as he looks to solidify the back end of the rotation.

Josh Okogie and Jordan Goodwin were all over the place, creating havoc per usual. Goodwin finished the evening with 6 steals, displaying his disruptive play."

Thumbs Up: Jordan Goodwin is an Impact Player

Every team needs a dog on the defensive end, someone who is an annoyance and creates turmoil for the opposition. In Goodwin and Josh Okogie, Phoenix has two. Goodwin impressed again on Monday, logging 6 steals in 21 minutes played.

I repeat, 6 steals in 21 minutes played.

His aggressiveness caught some early whistles from the officials, but his opportunity to continue to play in the preseason atmosphere equated to success for the Suns and frustration for the Blazers. He fights every possession and has no filter when displaying his emotions in front of the fans.

“A lot of the time I don’t get steals, I get deflections,” Goodwin said after the game. “I had four quick ones,” referencing his early foul trouble, “that’s not like me. I try my best to defend without fouling.”

His shot could use some work but his defensive intensity is something that Frank Vogel noticed. It’s something that will keep him coming off the bench for Phoenix.

https://twitter.com/sunsgeek/status/1714116827385680255?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1714116827385680255|twgr^e18783e440e51396ebb6e2470cb823fb71cd7a8e|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.brightsideofthesun.com%2F2023%2F10%2F17%2F23920472%2Ftwo-up-two-down-devin-booker-is-leveling-up-phoenix-suns-portland-trail-blazers

wgstl likes this

Not watching the game, but thought I'd check the box score to see how Goodwin is doing tonight against the Lakers.  With about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Suns have played only 10 players.  Not only was Goodwin one of them, but in the +/- category his +17 led the whole team.  Looking good (at least statistically).

7 minutes ago, Wendelprof said:

Not watching the game, but thought I'd check the box score to see how Goodwin is doing tonight against the Lakers.  With about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Suns have played only 10 players.  Not only was Goodwin one of them, but in the +/- category his +17 led the whole team.  Looking good (at least statistically).

Very strong with his hand tonight against another rookie from the lakers

9 minutes ago, Wendelprof said:

He also poked LeBron in the eye.