Jump to content

2022-2023 Season


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Honestly, If I'm trying to put down the blue kool aid for a minute, I don't see him hitting more than 527 out 101 shots in game situations, 

In my prime I was only about 174 out of 101. But that was high school. In college you have to be better. 

slufanskip likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

Random thought:  I have a strong feeling Yuri will shoot over 40% from 3. 

I'm sure he knows he has to if he wants a shot at the bigs. I bet that's been a huge part of his off season practicing, and since we have enough offensive firepower to supply a small militia I bet he'll be able to shoot that 40% without much defensive pressure. 

 

The other guys' defenders have to worry about Perkins, Parker, Jimerson, and maybe even Kramer before Yuri is their priority from the perimeter.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I'm sure he knows he has to if he wants a shot at the bigs. I bet that's been a huge part of his off season practicing, and since we have enough offensive firepower to supply a small militia I bet he'll be able to shoot that 40% without much defensive pressure. 

 

The other guys' defenders have to worry about Perkins, Parker, Jimerson, and maybe even Kramer before Yuri is their priority from the perimeter.  

Also tighter he's guarded up top, more likely he'll find assists. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Also tighter he's guarded up top, more likely he'll find assists. 

Pick your poison - do you let Yuri get a bucket or give someone else a bucket? Tough choice for opponents

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

I'm sure he knows he has to if he wants a shot at the bigs.

he should go back and study the progression of fred van fleet.   that kid has achieved far far more than i ever believed he would.  

AGB91 and SLU_Lax like this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

he should go back and study the progression of fred van fleet.   that kid has achieved far far more than i ever believed he would.  

+1000

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

he should go back and study the progression of fred van fleet.   that kid has achieved far far more than i ever believed he would.  

this had me interested.  And now im rather surprised. 

            ppg    assists    TO    STL     RB    FT%    3pt  FG%

Fred    12.2     5.5          1.7    1.8     3.2    81%     38%   39%

Yuri      11.1      7.9          4.1     1.9     4.1    81%     36%   45%

 

Stats are a lot closer than I thought they would be... needs to get to where Fred was on TO and he may have a legit shot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, wgstl said:

this had me interested.  And now im rather surprised. 

            ppg    assists    TO    STL     RB    FT%    3pt  FG%

Fred    12.2     5.5          1.7    1.8     3.2    81%     38%   39%

Yuri      11.1      7.9          4.1     1.9     4.1    81%     36%   45%

 

Stats are a lot closer than I thought they would be... needs to get to where Fred was on TO and he may have a legit shot

The thing that kills Yuri is the TOs. Fred was slightly worse than Yuri in some categories and slightly better others. The one with the big difference is the TOs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yuri averaged 2.3 turnovers a game in his 2nd season.  He doesn't have a turnover problem.  He had a "I'm forced to set the table for every guy on this team" problem.  Which has been resolved.

I got tired of beating that horse. If Yuri had 2 less turnovers a game we'd have scored 10 less ppg last year. Can't we just ask him to quit making the passes that don't work? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

this had me interested.  And now im rather surprised. 

            ppg    assists    TO    STL     RB    FT%    3pt  FG%

Fred    12.2     5.5          1.7    1.8     3.2    81%     38%   39%

Yuri      11.1      7.9          4.1     1.9     4.1    81%     36%   45%

 

Stats are a lot closer than I thought they would be... needs to get to where Fred was on TO and he may have a legit shot

i wasnt talking about van fleet peaking in college.   it's his progress with the rapters that has been amazing imo.   when i watched him in college i thought he was good, but now he is a star with toronto.   yuri isnt van fleet rapter good at this time.  

Fraz and slufanskip like this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

Riding a bird scooter through Chaifetz in an AC/DC shirt…Sincere is making a strong case for my second favorite Billiken.

 image.png.356ef6be42589c9a0fe8bb628b4ece94.png

This is a power move and we're winning the A10 this year, it's a sign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2022 at 1:30 PM, Bills By 40 said:

@billikenfan05 @Pistol @Midtown MadnessY'all asked this in the interview, right?

Waiting on the international student visa to clear. Once it does, he's good to go. He expected it "about two weeks" from the time of our interview, which was 13 days ago as I write this, so it should be any day now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...