GDT: Beat the Bonnies Part 1

SLU_Nick

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BilliesBy40 said:

You’re oversimplifying things, and a few of Jimerson’s misses were forced, quick shots. We got some better looks in the last 5 minutes when we were able to pick up the tempo. It shouldn’t have taken that long to change up our approach.

Basketball is a simple game, my friend. 

Just now, A10Ref said:

Gibson had 5-6 open missed threes and Yuri had 3-4 unforced TOs. Half of those go the other way and we win. 

I am going to interested to see what Gibson’s injury status is after tonight.  I wonder how well he was actually able to see as he started to swell up.

MB73 likes this

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If you told me our bigs would out score the Bonnies bigs by 12 before the game, I would have been pretty confident we win this game by at least 10.

If you told me Osunniyi would spend half the game on the bench with foul trouble I'd have guaranteed we win.

This game was primarily lost by that 16-0 first half, 8 minute Bona run and SLU lull, after Schmidt switched to the match up zone. A 25-14 SLU lead reversed into a 30-25 Bona lead. That was the most discombobulated Zone Offense during that 8 minute nightmare that I’ve ever seen. 

10 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

My only two takeaways:

1. Travis needs a backup plan when they take Yuri out of the game in the half court. I think Nesbitt deserves more opportunities in games like this. 

2. Jimerson still can’t hit big shots. I’ve been bad posted for saying it multiple times but I don’t think it can be denied.

I agree. I like what he brings but when we need a clutch shot he misses. 

7:16 scoring drought from 10:17 to 2:44 of 1st Half, outscored 16-0 in that span. 

18 SLU turnovers, Bona scored 16 points off turnovers. 

Bewildered Offense vs. Bona matchup Zone, which looked like SLU was trying to run a dribble drive Offense right into the zone, inexplicable and unacceptable.

cheeseman likes this

26 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

?? What was that? I'm pretty good at noticing and I still haven't seen him hit a big one. But it's fine it's going to happen sooner or later not trying to rag on him but saying he hasn't hit the big shots is true. 

Around the 8:00 mark against Dayton when they had clawed back in he hit a huge shot.

48 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

This game was primarily lost by that 16-0 first half, 8 minute Bona run and SLU lull, after Schmidt switched to the match up zone. A 25-14 SLU lead reversed into a 30-25 Bona lead. That was the most discombobulated Zone Offense during that 8 minute nightmare that I’ve ever seen. 

Well beating the matchup zone would require prepping by a real coach