GDT: GDubya

Bills By 40

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i watched hargrove walk off the floor.   the usually over the top happy young man was very stern and i would say sullen.    considering the team just had an easy win that was upsetting to see that body language and lack of joy.   that's not the hargrove we have watched the last couple of years attitudewise.   

He went 0/9 from 3 for the last two games. Do you expect him to be happy about it? Let’s just see how he reacts when he gets the 4 missing 3s back.

3star_recruit likes this

18 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i watched hargrove walk off the floor.   the usually over the top happy young man was very stern and i would say sullen.    considering the team just had an easy win that was upsetting to see that body language and lack of joy.   that's not the hargrove we have watched the last couple of years attitudewise.   

I saw it too Roy.  After the game the wife and I walk down to the top of the tunnel and cheer the team off the floor.  Hargrove normally high fives fans and celebrates this time his head was down and just walked through.

TJ had a bad game and his shot has gotten worse in recent games.  He is missing free throws too.

TJ has a good support system with his team they will pick him up.

Is TJ a hard worker - extra gym work is what I mean?  I don't know so this is why I ask.  Practice makes perfect unless you are French with FTs.  I understand he may be down but he has to figure out how to get out of his funk.  The kid missed two slams also last night which has to weigh on him some also.  You have to play your way back on the court so hopefully he will figure it out.

-it would be nice for TJ and Williams to hit some shots as at some point, perhaps Saturday, there will be an even greater focus on stopping GibJim, who is going to score when that happens? I think it will need to be a total team effort

-I wonder if Traore was kept on the bench as long as he was because the dance and technical? kid shows a knack

-Travis, settle down a bit and be careful with The Hook, tough for kids to play if they are scared

29 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I wonder if Traore was kept on the bench as long as he was because the dance and technical? kid shows a knack

Need Linssen to get up to speed before the season really starts next week. 

18 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Terrence is only in a two game slump, its not like its been a while now. Not too worried about him. 

Seems to be more to it...he isn't starting..minutes are down ..Dad is tweeting about Ford and even tweeted the staff are concerned he has gained weight etc. Not sure it is a quick fix. As Roy said a kid  filled with fun and joy has lost that. 

billiken_roy, bauman and Fraz like this

5 minutes ago, billikenblue said:

Seems to be more to it...he isn't starting..minutes are down ..Dad is tweeting about Ford and even tweeted the staff are concerned he has gained weight etc. Not sure it is a quick fix. As Roy said a kid  filled with fun and joy has lost that. 

His size had to do with position/PT, not making shots.  He was making shots just a week ago.  He also looked like he was having fun around the time of the dunk he missed, laughing on the bench after words. 

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

"Rebounding is an affair of the heart." Rick Majerus. 

Last night, in 15 minutes, Hargrove had no rebounds.

Im talking shooting. Its in response to a few who have mentioned his shooting recently. 

Just now, HoosierPal said:

Biggest Stat of the game, which has been overlooked until now, Okoro got an ASSIST last night.  He has six on the year.

IIRC he actually looked to pass it out a time or two.  Im not sure if this is something the coaching staff is pushing for, or a product of having one of the worst bigs I've seen in years guard him.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

IIRC he actually looked to pass it out a time or two.  Im not sure if this is something the coaching staff is pushing for, or a product of having one of the worst bigs I've seen in years guard him.

To Okoro's credit, Ford said a big part of the game plan last night was to feed Okoro in the post, realizing GW was weak inside.  Last night, maybe Ford told him to take it to the hoop as often as possible.

Trying to get Williams going was a low risk, high reward situation of late.  Two home games.  Two PIG possible opponents.  Blowouts expected but not totally guaranteed.  If ever there was a time to throw Williams out into the sharks, this was it.  And he didn't find it.  Saturday's game is a possible third opportunity for Rashad.  But the times they be a-dwindling.  Amazing how WIlliams' shot has just seemed to .... what's the word ..... die.  

On the Okoro front, and looking at Geedbuya, Hunter Dean played 34 minutes and contributed zero points with 4 fouls.  Now, he did get 10 rebounds.  Which makes me wonder even more how Hargrove didn't get a one.

21 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Biggest Stat of the game, which has been overlooked until now, Okoro got an ASSIST last night.  He has six on the year.

I was really impressed with the 3 assists Nesbitt had.  Earlier he would have forced those drives for shots but last night he seemed to be content with making the play by passing the ball off.

HoosierPal likes this

2 hours ago, willie said:

When might that be?

two years ago apparently. 

the last couple of games he has gotten time and an obvious free reign to hoist away.   it's been a fail.  i think we just admit he isnt what we thought. 

cheeseman and bauman like this

I hope he keeps playing Rashad. Can never have too many scorers. Shouldn't give up on a shooter cause he had a few bad games. Unfortunately in basketball nobody ever makes every shot they take, or at least none that I know of. As long as he isnt getting abused on the defensive end keep giving him minutes. He'll find it and when he does he's another scorer to take pressure off Gibson. 

12 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

two years ago apparently. 

the last couple of games he has gotten time and an obvious free reign to hoist away.   it's been a fail.  i think we just admit he isnt what we thought. 

Been a 40% 3P shooter the last two seasons before the last week or so, now some posters want to give up on him. Yikes!

I know this board has its ebbs and flows but this is a new record

edit: I was defending TJ when Roy was speaking about Williams. Not trying to defend Williams. Just took Roy’s post the wrong way

maybe his previous stops were a step behind our level of play?    its no secret we had a tough non conference schedule.  i.e. good teams.   and the A10 is definitely a better conference than those he was at before.    

i see him on the floor and honestly he doesnt even run the floor like a player at our level let alone his make percentage.   yep, i've given up on him.   love for him to prove me wrong and become a true gibson sidekick but i aint holding out hope.