Jump to content

Signed Recruits' Thread


WVBilliken
 Share

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I'm sure Coach Clags has let Kramer know that it's his defense that gives him a chance to break into the rotation next year.  Offensively, Parker can do everything that he can do and he's done it at a higher level.

Playing for Claggett has to be a huge advantage for a SLU commit, Claggett is basically part of the program. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yes, it's fairly typical for Juco Recruiting to rank former D1 players in their top 20.

Losing ML next year, I would not have a problem if JB decides to return to SLU keeping the 3-headed monster for the 4/5 spots, although I don't see JB as a 4, but he does provide relief at the 5 .  I can see LT as getting some minutes at the 4 next year, same with AL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I'm sure Coach Clags has let Kramer know that it's his defense that gives him a chance to break into the rotation next year.  Offensively, Parker can do everything that he can do and he's done it at a higher level.

-how would you rate his defense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thames returned to action last night and had 15 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, a block, and 6 TOs in a 54-51 win over Parkway North. He also went 2-4 from 3, which is promising after a long cold streak. Thames is #0 for Pattonville (in white): 

6 turnovers isn't an ideal number but Pattonville had 20. Lot of pressure both ways and KT sees a lot of double teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a little tid bit on AAU from 104.9 in Austin today interview of a sports handicapper,  Dan Lane (maybe?), well he was previously an AAU coach in the NE (I think) he said a big program coach can get paid $150k/ a Summer.  The players get all the name brand stuff they want gratis.  And as you already know it's just about steering to kids to schools with contracts with the same shoe companies.

 

So it's probably good SLU is Nike as is, Bradley Beal Elite.   Gives us a better chance to land some of their players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SLUH was supposed to play in the Kaminsky Classic in Joplin but pulled out due to COVID and was replaced by Poplar Bluff. The Jr. Bills haven't played since 12/30 and return to action tonight vs. DeSmet.

Pattonville lost 75-63 at Webster groves on the 7th. Thames had 33 points (12-22, 1-4, 8-10) to go with 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals, and 2 turnovers. They bounced back with a 69-40 win over Blue Knights out at Washington HS - my understanding is that Blue Knights is the athletic program associated with the St. Louis Christian Homeschool Organization. Thames scored 15 (7-9, 0-1, 1-4), with 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 8 (!) steals, and 2 turnovers. He's now averaging 22.6 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 3.9 APG, 3.4 SPG, and 0.6 BPG with a slashline of .515/.255/.713. Thames is tied for 5th in the STL metro in scoring, 14th in steals, 23rd in rebounding, and he's in the top 40 or so in assists. Pattonville plays Borgia tonight at Washington HS.

Parker scored 18 in an 82-60 win over Missouri State University-West Plains on 9-19 shooting (0-3 from 3) and added 8 rebounds. The Greyhounds have won 6 straight and play at State Fair CC tonight. For those curious, Jimmy Bell is averaging about 10 and 9 on 62% shooting from the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

SLUH was supposed to play in the Kaminsky Classic in Joplin but pulled out due to COVID and was replaced by Poplar Bluff. The Jr. Bills haven't played since 12/30 and return to action tonight vs. DeSmet.

Pattonville lost 75-63 at Webster groves on the 7th. Thames had 33 points (12-22, 1-4, 8-10) to go with 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals, and 2 turnovers. They bounced back with a 69-40 win over Blue Knights out at Washington HS - my understanding is that Blue Knights is the athletic program associated with the St. Louis Christian Homeschool Organization. Thames scored 15 (7-9, 0-1, 1-4), with 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 8 (!) steals, and 2 turnovers. He's now averaging 22.6 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 3.9 APG, 3.4 SPG, and 0.6 BPG with a slashline of .515/.255/.713. Thames is tied for 5th in the STL metro in scoring, 14th in steals, 23rd in rebounding, and he's in the top 40 or so in assists. Pattonville plays Borgia tonight at Washington HS.

Parker scored 18 in an 82-60 win over Missouri State University-West Plains on 9-19 shooting (0-3 from 3) and added 8 rebounds. The Greyhounds have won 6 straight and play at State Fair CC tonight. For those curious, Jimmy Bell is averaging about 10 and 9 on 62% shooting from the field.

Thames' height and all-around game should transition well to college...not the best long-distance shooter but Jimmer, Hargrove and the 6-4 Parker can take up that slack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Thames' height and all-around game should transition well to college...not the best long-distance shooter but Jimmer, Hargrove and the 6-4 Parker can take up that slack.

He has "versatile role player" written all over him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...