Jump to content

Nesbitt’s a high light film


Recommended Posts

Two videos two high lights. One on defense and now one on offense on a great steal and assist by Yurimania. Both videos show that Jordan can really touch the sky. I’d be surprise if he doesn’t start. Not sure if his stuff of Linssen was a goal tend or legit block, but it was impressive he was even there to attempt a block. 
in the video on FB of him and Yurimania, it appeared the projected starters were in grey;  Perkins, Yurimania, Nesbitt, Fred, and, I assume Okoro. Totally a way too early assumption on my part, but they were the grey unit. In any event it was a beautiful play to see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Two videos two high lights. One on defense and now one on offense on a great steal and assist by Yurimania. Both videos show that Jordan can really touch the sky. I’d be surprise if he doesn’t start. Not sure if his stuff of Linssen was a goal tend or legit block, but it was impressive he was even there to attempt a block. 
in the video on FB of him and Yurimania, it appeared the projected starters were in grey;  Perkins, Yurimania, Nesbitt, Fred, and, I assume Okoro. Totally a way too early assumption on my part, but they were the grey unit. In any event it was a beautiful play to see. 

I’m really excited to see what Nesbitt is able to come in and do. No one will be able to replace JGood and the way he saved the program, but I genuinely think that Nesbitt has the potential to be better. He’s just so much more talented offensively with a bigger frame.
 

Also, I had the same thoughts on the jerseys but Okoro was in blue. I think it’s probably just random assignment, not actual starting/bench units.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here’s the dunk:

Here’s the block:

 

I mean, I’m as excited about Mr. Nesbitt as anybody, but when I watched both of those clips, the 1st thing that popped into my head was: “Brett Jolly could do that. Easy.”

 

*Blue Font for anyone who couldn’t tell I was being sarcastic*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

I think the funniest part of this is that not even all that long ago, we didn't even sarcastically use blue font asking if certain recruits could dunk. It was a semi serious question. That advancement of athletic talent on this roster is something we used to only dream of. 

Are you trying to say Jim Crews couldn’t recruit athletes the caliber of Jordan Nesbitt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, abas115 said:

The athleticism of this roster is absurd, yes, but let's not overlook that it's arguably the best shooting roster we've had in memory. There's so much to be excited about. 

From the 3-point line, maybe. But we’ll NEVER see a SLU team shoot better from the charity stripe than the ‘19-‘20 Billikens. That team will go down in history for their free throw shooting!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, abas115 said:

The athleticism of this roster is absurd, yes, but let's not overlook that it's arguably the best shooting roster we've had in memory. There's so much to be excited about. 

This right here is why I'm really excited for this team and think they could be better than any Goodwin/French team. The roster still has the capability to be good defensively with much better offensive pieces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thought on this team. We seem to have an abundance of talent, albeit unproven and we’re all guilty of over hype during preseason practices. See Vashon Newburn for proof. But, if this talent is real, I think Travis is going to have to take a page out of FL State’s book and spread around the minutes just keep players involved in the team before me theme. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nesbitt is the most talented player we have had in the program since Hughes.

Nothing he can't do, scores at all 3 levels, handles, passes, rebounds, defends in the post and perimeter.

Starting day one is a no brainer. Newcomer of the year in A10 is coming this year along with all conference honors. 

Perkins will score more but by season end Nessbit will be the best player on the team.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Nesbitt is the most talented player we have had in the program since Hughes.

Nothing he can't do, scores at all 3 levels, handles, passes, rebounds, defends in the post and perimeter.

Starting day one is a no brainer. Newcomer of the year in A10 is coming this year along with all conference honors. 

Perkins will score more but by season end Nessbit will be the best player on the team.

 

I like this! But judging by Okoro’s size, length, mobility, Osun is probably the only big guy in the league that can even keep up. And that’s just on 1st glance. My hope is that our outside shooting is improved enough with Perk, Nesbitt, Gibby, Williams, Jones, TJ that teams have to at least try to guard Okoro 1-on-1 inside. If that happens, he’s going to eat the A10’s big men alive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Nesbitt is the most talented player we have had in the program since Hughes.

Nothing he can't do, scores at all 3 levels, handles, passes, rebounds, defends in the post and perimeter.

Starting day one is a no brainer. Newcomer of the year in A10 is coming this year along with all conference honors. 

Perkins will score more but by season end Nessbit will be the best player on the team.

 

Nesbitt's already 20 years old.  If his Billiken career goes the way we hope, we've only got him for 2 years.  I encourage everybody to keep their game recordings. Nesbitt, Okoro, Perkins and Hargrove will be the Billiken version of Phi Slamma Jamma.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Nesbitt is the most talented player we have had in the program since Hughes.

Nothing he can't do, scores at all 3 levels, handles, passes, rebounds, defends in the post and perimeter.

Starting day one is a no brainer. Newcomer of the year in A10 is coming this year along with all conference honors. 

Perkins will score more but by season end Nessbit will be the best player on the team.

 

Do we have evidence that Nesbitt is an average or above 3 point shooter? His high-school percentage was like 25%. He shot 71 percent from the free throw line, which is about average. I would like to know what his AAU 3 point percentage was. Personally, I will be very happy if he can shoot the NCAA Div 1 average of 33%, but I'm not expecting that in year one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

Do we have evidence that Nesbitt is an average or above 3 point shooter? His high-school percentage was like 25%. He shot 71 percent from the free throw line, which is about average. I would like to know what his AAU 3 point percentage was. Personally, I will be very happy if he can shoot the NCAA Div 1 average of 33%, but I'm not expecting that in year one.

I kind of agree. My expectation for his 3-point shooting is that he’ll be better than Yuri, JGood, Thatch, but not as good as Gibson, Perk, Williams, Jones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...