Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For those who don't know, the Tampa Bay Pro Combine is a smaller scale replacement for the Portsmouth invitational.  60 players, 1 day of workouts then 2 days of pool play.  Hopefully Goodwin gets a couple team camp invites out of it.  Already has dates with the Hornets and Kings.  A couple of the standout guys got invites to the NBA predraft camp but Goodwin probably not going to be on that list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Hasahn also playing in Tampa.  With 11 points, he hit a FT (or a three pointer).

Or three or five (or 7, 9 or 11) free throws.  (Or if he hit a three pointer, he could have hit an even number of free throws.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, thetorch said:

For those who don't know, the Tampa Bay Pro Combine is a smaller scale replacement for the Portsmouth invitational.  60 players, 1 day of workouts then 2 days of pool play.  Hopefully Goodwin gets a couple team camp invites out of it.  Already has dates with the Hornets and Kings.  A couple of the standout guys got invites to the NBA predraft camp but Goodwin probably not going to be on that list.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jordan has a better chance of making the NBA than I used to. It is still unlikely, but a recent craze for NBA GMs seems to be guys who are role players who are versatile on defense and really tough / competitive. Two specific comps who come to mind are Shaq Harrison from the Suns (played college ball at Tulsa) and Bruce Brown on the Nets (college: Miami). Brown in particular is a really good comp for Goodwin and he's a guy that every team in the league would want right now. 

Hopefully Jordan can get an invite to the Chicago combine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Or three or five (or 7, 9 or 11) free throws.  (Or if he hit a three pointer, he could have hit an even number of free throws.)

If I'm reading the stats correctly, for the whole event Hasahn was 3/8 on free throws for 38%, 17/36 on field goals, for some reason 0/5 on 3PT field goals, with 41 rebounds, 11 assists and 4 blocks in 110 minutes of playing time over 4 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the Tampa Bay All-Star Team:

https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/tampa-bay-pro-combine-announcing-the-alltournament-team

D'Mitrik Trice, Wisconsin, Guard
18.0 PPG, 7.0 APG, 4.3 3PG, 1.5 SPG, 52.0 FG%, 55.0 3PT%

D.J. Funderburk, N.C. State, Center
15.0 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 1.5 3PG, 0.7 TOs, 49.0 FG%, 46.0 3PT%

Hasahn French, Saint Louis, Forward
9.0 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 2.8 APG, 1.0 BPG, 1.0 TO, 47.0 FG%

Joel Ntambwe, Texas Tech, Forward
20.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 2.3 APG, 1.3 SPG, 49.0 FG%, 42.0 3PT%

Jordan Goodwin, Saint Louis, Guard
18.0 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 4.5 APG, 2.3 SPG, 1.8 TOs, 42.0 FG%

Justin Gorham, Houston, Forward
16.0 PPG, 11.0 RPG, 4.3 APG, 1.8 TOs, 49.0 FG%, 46.0 3PT%

Micah Potter, Wisconsin, Forward
18.0 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 2.3 3PG, 0.5 BPG, 1.2 TOs, 52.0 FG%, 36.0 3PT%

Obadiah Noel, UMass Lowell, Guard
14.0 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 2.3 APG, 0.7 SPG, 48.0 FG%

Quade Green, Washington, Guard
16.0 PPG, 5.8 APG, 5.3 RPG, 1.3 SPG, 41.0 FG%

Ryan Daly, Saint Joseph's, Guard
16.0 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.0 SPG

Terry Taylor, Austin Peay, Forward
18.0 PPG, 12.0 RPG, 1.5 SPG, 1.8 TOs, 51.0 FG%

Troy Baxter Jr., Morgan State, Forward
17.0 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.8 BPG, 1.0 SPG, 52.0 FG%

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Here's the Tampa Bay All-Star Team:

https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/tampa-bay-pro-combine-announcing-the-alltournament-team

D'Mitrik Trice, Wisconsin, Guard
18.0 PPG, 7.0 APG, 4.3 3PG, 1.5 SPG, 52.0 FG%, 55.0 3PT%

D.J. Funderburk, N.C. State, Center
15.0 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 1.5 3PG, 0.7 TOs, 49.0 FG%, 46.0 3PT%

Hasahn French, Saint Louis, Forward
9.0 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 2.8 APG, 1.0 BPG, 1.0 TO, 47.0 FG%

Joel Ntambwe, Texas Tech, Forward
20.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 2.3 APG, 1.3 SPG, 49.0 FG%, 42.0 3PT%

Jordan Goodwin, Saint Louis, Guard
18.0 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 4.5 APG, 2.3 SPG, 1.8 TOs, 42.0 FG%

Justin Gorham, Houston, Forward
16.0 PPG, 11.0 RPG, 4.3 APG, 1.8 TOs, 49.0 FG%, 46.0 3PT%

Micah Potter, Wisconsin, Forward
18.0 PPG, 8.0 RPG, 2.3 3PG, 0.5 BPG, 1.2 TOs, 52.0 FG%, 36.0 3PT%

Obadiah Noel, UMass Lowell, Guard
14.0 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 2.3 APG, 0.7 SPG, 48.0 FG%

Quade Green, Washington, Guard
16.0 PPG, 5.8 APG, 5.3 RPG, 1.3 SPG, 41.0 FG%

Ryan Daly, Saint Joseph's, Guard
16.0 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 3.8 APG, 1.0 SPG

Terry Taylor, Austin Peay, Forward
18.0 PPG, 12.0 RPG, 1.5 SPG, 1.8 TOs, 51.0 FG%

Troy Baxter Jr., Morgan State, Forward
17.0 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.8 BPG, 1.0 SPG, 52.0 FG%

So, by my math, as a team they are averaging 179 points per game.  Is that right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...