Recruiting - 2024

Pistol

New interest:

Brooks Bahr - CG, 6-4, 170 - Keller, TX (Keller) - AAU: Texas Impact 4:13 (Under Armour Association) - Twitter: @BrooksBahr3
Offers: Bryant.

Interest: Saint Louis, Loyola-Chicago, Richmond, Mississippi State, TCU, BYU, Utah, Colorado State, Utah State, San Jose State, SMU, San Francisco, Belmont, Valparaiso, Yale, Columbia, Dartmouth, Louisiana Tech, Rice, Sam Houston State, IUPUI, Colgate, Elon, South Dakota State, South Dakota, North Dakota State, Oral Roberts, Vermont, UC-Santa Barbara, Weber State, Central Arkansas, North Alabama, Liberty, Utah Tech, Utah Valley, Georgia Southern, Fairleigh Dickinson.

Latest News: Forte was out to see Bahr in late September. (9/28/22)

Scouting Report: Bahr is a playmaking guard who generates a ton of quality looks for his teammates and himself. He's got tight handles and changes pace easily to go with his high-level passing ability. He's a lights-out three point shooter and efficient scorer from all over. He's smart and tough.

Bryson McGlothin - SF, 6-7, 180 - Plano, TX (John Paul II) - AAU: Team Trae Young (Adidas 3SSB) - Twitter: @BrysonMcGlothin
Offers: Rice, Texas-Rio Grande Valley.

Interest: Saint Louis, Vanderbilt, Colorado State, SMU, Tulsa, Yale, Rice.

Latest News: McGlothin took an unofficial visit to Rice. (9/28/22)

Scouting Report: McGlothin is a long (6-10 wingspan), versatile, athletic wing who can play multiple positions. He's a strong ball handler with really nice feel and a guard skill set. He sees the floor and passes well. He's got outside shooting ability and is a high-level finisher at the rim. He transferred from Rockwall-Heath to JPII after his sophomore year.

-McGlothin has a private Twitter account so I can't tell which other coaches follow him. That's why his interest list is relatively short.

K.J. Windham - CG, 6-3, 165 - Indianapolis, IN (Ben Davis) - AAU: Meanstreets (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @kj_windham10
Offers: Akron, Northern Kentucky, IUPUI.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Loyola-Chicago, Massachusetts, Xavier, Ohio State, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Penn State, Northwestern, Tennessee, Georgia, Wake Forest, Texas Tech, Cincinnati, Central Florida, Stanford, Colorado, California, Tulane, Belmont, SIU-Carbondale, Illinois State, Columbia, Kent State, Toledo, Miami-Ohio, Western Michigan, Ball State, Southern Indiana, Mercer, Furman, Colgate, Holy Cross, Appalachian State, North Dakota State, St. Thomas, UC-San Diego, Jacksonville State, Liberty, Longwood, Alabama A&M.

Latest News: Windham took an unofficial visit to Cincinnati. (9/28/22)

Scouting Report: Windham is a smart, smooth, left-handed guard who plays at his own pace. He's equal parts shot maker and creator. He shoots it well from deep, with a smooth, consistent stroke. He finishes in transition. He's got strong handles and passing ability.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, JMM28 said:

6-10 PF from Peoria/playing in Georgia - Lathan Sommerville got an offer today. 

https://247sports.com/player/lathan-sommerville-46118168/

i think there was a sommerville the billikens chased in the 90's.   not certain.   i am thinking his name was maybe marcus or marcello .   thinking he ended up going juco then after that he went on to a different D1 school   i wonder if related?

17 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i think there was a sommerville the billikens chased in the 90's.   not certain.   i am thinking his name was maybe marcus or marcello .   thinking he ended up going juco then after that he went on to a different D1 school   i wonder if related?

That is dad - Marcellus. He went to Iowa out of high school. Redshirted his year there. Went to a juco. Transferred to Bradley and played 3 years. 

Cellus had a long career overseas so Lathan grew up in Europe until high school so he has a lot of that feel in his game. 

brianstl likes this

Sommerville was a high level scorer borderline NBA prospect. He was the star along with lottery bust Patrick O'Bryant that took a 5th place MVC Bradley team to a sweet sixteen in 05 I think.

Pistol would know better but I think Soderberg did recruit him.

brianstl likes this

5 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

That is dad - Marcellus. He went to Iowa out of high school. Redshirted his year there. Went to a juco. Transferred to Bradley and played 3 years. 

Cellus had a long career overseas so Lathan grew up in Europe until high school so he has a lot of that feel in his game. 

He was a really good college player.  

13 hours ago, JMM28 said:

6-10 PF from Peoria/playing in Georgia - Lathan Sommerville got an offer today. 

https://247sports.com/player/lathan-sommerville-46118168/

Is this some deep Peoria word of mouth knowledge or has this been confirmed anywhere? I'm not seeing anything.

Lathan Sommerville - PF/C, 6-10, 240 - Peoria, IL (The Skill Factory, GA) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @LathanSommervi2
Offers: Saint Louis, Xavier, Rutgers, Missouri, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, SMU, Bradley, UC-Davis.

Interest: Dayton, Loyola-Chicago, Richmond, Massachusetts, Duquesne, St. John's, DePaul, Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Penn State, Nebraska, Alabama, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia, Virginia, Clemson, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Cincinnati, Arizona, Oregon, Stanford, Washington State, Boise State, South Florida, Tulsa, Belmont, Murray State, Illinois State, Valparaiso, Charlotte, Rice, Ball State, Chattanooga, Ohio, Miami-Ohio, Samford, Western Carolina, Towson, Georgia State, Louisiana-Monroe, Vermont, UMBC, Cal State-Fullerton, Utah Valley, Stephen F. Austin, Jacksonville, Jacksonville State, North Alabama, Stetson, Liberty, Radford, Chicago State.

Latest News: Sommerville received an offer from SLU. (9/29/22)

Scouting Report: Sommerville is a big, strong, skilled frontcourt player with some versatility. He can stretch defenses with his shooting. He scores on three levels and is most effective in the post and mid-post. He can pass and put the ball on the floor. He's strong at the rim. He has a strong frame with good size and length. He rebounds hard at both ends. He grew up mostly in Europe and models his game after Euro bigs. His dad played at Bradley and then in Europe and his mom played at Illinois State.

CBFan likes this

28 minutes ago, Pistol said:

. His dad played at Bradley and then in Europe and his mom played at Illinois State.

gotta like the genes!

AGB91 likes this

Did a refresh on the 2024 offers, as with the other classes (not the interest names yet). Since my last update, here are some highlights:

-Forte was out to see Kuol Atak early last week. He got an offer from Mississippi State, his third offer overall. So smart to get in early and stay involved here. Really unique prospect.

-John Bol took official visits to Michigan and Mizzou.

-Quiet six weeks for Christian Humphrey-Rembert. He got offers from Cal, Cal Poly, and WMU shortly after SLU offered but none since then.

-My'Kel Jenkins got an offer from Siena, his sixth overall. No high-level offers but Michigan State reached out this week.

-Ebrahim Kaba got offers from SLU and FGCU on the same day. He transferred to Gill St. Bernard's from East Orange. His only other offer is Lafayette right now. Says he wants to visit SLU, FGCU, Xavier, and Lehigh soon.

-Forte was out to see Josiah Moseley, who is up to four offers. SLU was his first and he's since gotten East Carolina, Sam Houston State, and Texas-Arlington.

-Chance Puryear's latest offer is from UTSA. Forte was out to see him last week, too. He's up to 10 offers and SLU was first on him, too.

-Jaden Smith has new offers from EMU and UIC - he's got 6 now. He'll visit NIU next weekend.

-SLU just offered Lathan Sommerville, as we discussed here yesterday. He's got 10 offers, mostly from power conferences. Tons of interest, too.

-Maurice Vassel is quiet on social media but is up to 15 offers. Murray State is now showing interest. He plays at St. Benedict's, the same school Madani Diarra went to.

This class has gotten the most activity from our staff lately. I think they need/want/expect some big recruiting wins in 2024.

thetorch likes this

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Did a refresh on the 2024 offers, as with the other classes (not the interest names yet). Since my last update, here are some highlights:

-Forte was out to see Kuol Atak early last week. He got an offer from Mississippi State, his third offer overall. So smart to get in early and stay involved here. Really unique prospect.

-John Bol took official visits to Michigan and Mizzou.

-Quiet six weeks for Christian Humphrey-Rembert. He got offers from Cal, Cal Poly, and WMU shortly after SLU offered but none since then.

-My'Kel Jenkins got an offer from Siena, his sixth overall. No high-level offers but Michigan State reached out this week.

-Ebrahim Kaba got offers from SLU and FGCU on the same day. He transferred to Gill St. Bernard's from East Orange. His only other offer is Lafayette right now. Says he wants to visit SLU, FGCU, Xavier, and Lehigh soon.

-Forte was out to see Josiah Moseley, who is up to four offers. SLU was his first and he's since gotten East Carolina, Sam Houston State, and Texas-Arlington.

-Chance Puryear's latest offer is from UTSA. Forte was out to see him last week, too. He's up to 10 offers and SLU was first on him, too.

-Jaden Smith has new offers from EMU and UIC - he's got 6 now. He'll visit NIU next weekend.

-SLU just offered Lathan Sommerville, as we discussed here yesterday. He's got 10 offers, mostly from power conferences. Tons of interest, too.

-Maurice Vassel is quiet on social media but is up to 15 offers. Murray State is now showing interest. He plays at St. Benedict's, the same school Madani Diarra went to.

This class has gotten the most activity from our staff lately. I think they need/want/expect some big recruiting wins in 2024.

Thanks for the update.  SLU hasn't been this visible on the national scene since the Majerus teams.  The staff is doing a good job of using that visibility to build relationships early.  It doesn't hurt that we already have two very good 2023 recruits committed.

Pistol and CBFan like this