Jump to content

Recruiting - 2023


Pistol
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

He's a rising junior, though, so he's ahead of schedule in that regard.

I changed his bio in the Recruiting Lists thread to Trophy Club. Some sites say Keller, some Trophy Club. His own Twitter says Dallas.

Yeah not a big deal, most people in TX say DFW actually Dallas but Ft. Worth peeps get mad.  It's the metroplex and those schools in that part of town don't produce too much D1 talent besides B Jolly from Southlake Carrol (the QB factory). 

 

Very nice area if the kid wants to stay in a big city with good academics then a TCU, SMU, SLU heck maybe even Houston is possibility.   If he wants college town then we gotta worry about TTU, OSU.  Sell trips to east coast, sell education,  sell being basketball only.   I could see SLU basketball players doing better on NIL deals than SMU/TCU players.  Just due to size of the cities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I know we have interest in Ethan "Bro" Kizer.  I'm sold.

 

Me too but cut your hair hippie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Maybe if he was 6'8/6'9.

He is young and still growing so he might get there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Watched the video, not impressed. Clearly the competition in the video is ...... very questionable.

It appears to me the kid can shoot and is athletic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After summer I've been able to rank 2023 the best I can in Missouri. (Not including players from out of state going prep)

 

1) Zaide Lowery, Kickapoo HS - Best player in the state, two way SG

2) Kennard Davis, Vashon HS - Next up on Cass Avenue

3) Dez White, Helias HS - Guard with deep range, can score in a variety of ways

4) Kyle Pock, Bolivar HS - Sharpshooting wing, High IQ

5) Cameron Stovall, Vashon HS - This is my sleeper, 6'6 athlete with developing game. Watch.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kizer plays on the MidPro Academy squad with two other SLU interests, Brock Harding and Ty Pence. I like all three, but really like the way they play together. Here's a Twitter thread from a couple weeks ago:

Breaks down each player's game and ends in a highlight video of those three tearing it up. No, they're not playing EYBL competition but the skills are there. I'm monitoring this group closely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, seanwest said:

After summer I've been able to rank 2023 the best I can in Missouri. (Not including players from out of state going prep)

 

1) Zaide Lowery, Kickapoo HS - Best player in the state, two way SG

2) Kennard Davis, Vashon HS - Next up on Cass Avenue

3) Dez White, Helias HS - Guard with deep range, can score in a variety of ways

4) Kyle Pock, Bolivar HS - Sharpshooting wing, High IQ

5) Cameron Stovall, Vashon HS - This is my sleeper, 6'6 athlete with developing game. Watch.

 

No SLU offers out to local 2023 recruits yet. I have Jayden Nicholson, Jordan Pickett, Macaleab Rich, and Jorden Williams on the interest list. Sultan Adewale went to the reportedly defunct STLCA, and no word on where he'll be next season but he's from the UK and there's no reason to think he's staying in STL.

Are Davis and Stovall both better than their new teammate Nicholson? Nicholson was a nationally-ranked player heading into HS but his star level has gradually declined since. He's been great at times, just inconsistent. I'm high on Rich, less so on Pickett and Williams at this point. Need to see more from all of them, obviously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pistol said:

No SLU offers out to local 2023 recruits yet. I have Jayden Nicholson, Jordan Pickett, Macaleab Rich, and Jorden Williams on the interest list. Sultan Adewale went to the reportedly defunct STLCA, and no word on where he'll be next season but he's from the UK and there's no reason to think he's staying in STL.

Are Davis and Stovall both better than their new teammate Nicholson? Nicholson was a nationally-ranked player heading into HS but his star level has gradually declined since. He's been great at times, just inconsistent. I'm high on Rich, less so on Pickett and Williams at this point. Need to see more from all of them, obviously.

Nicholson was top 25 in his class two years ago and Rich was a projected top 100 recruit.  Those early rankings were based on them physically maturing before the rest of their class.  But they're both basically the same size as they were a year ago. 

Unless their skillsets take a major step forward, they will both be high mid-major recruits.  They'll get a couple of high major offers, but most of their scholarships will be from mid-majors.  That makes us legitimate players for their services, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

No SLU offers out to local 2023 recruits yet. I have Jayden Nicholson, Jordan Pickett, Macaleab Rich, and Jorden Williams on the interest list. Sultan Adewale went to the reportedly defunct STLCA, and no word on where he'll be next season but he's from the UK and there's no reason to think he's staying in STL.

Are Davis and Stovall both better than their new teammate Nicholson? Nicholson was a nationally-ranked player heading into HS but his star level has gradually declined since. He's been great at times, just inconsistent. I'm high on Rich, less so on Pickett and Williams at this point. Need to see more from all of them, obviously.

Adewale is headed to a prep school in Philadelphia. 

Davis is the best prospect at Vashon in my opinion. Stovall and Nicholson are equally talented in my opinion. Stovall has great upside he's starting to tap into however. He'll be at the Larry Hughes Elite Camp this weekend which is 60 players nationally and very talented (Zaide Lowery and Dez White will also be there). Nicholson has good skill for a wing, played on a deep Mokan 16u team so not a ton of opportunity. Keep an eye out for Dez White, he's about to explode this HS season. 6'2 combo guard with range from the parking lot. He had a big-time Peach Jam for Mokan. He's at Helias in Jefferson City. As for Macaleab Rich, I didn't list him since he's in Illinois but if he was in Missouri then I'd have him ranked around the 3 spot. He's a man-child with bounce, skill-set needs to develop more but he catches eyes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is the deal with Mathok Chol? Is he 2023 or 2024?  He lists himself as 2023 and Verbal Commits has him as 2024. 6'10 and 185.  Originally from South Sudan, now part of BBE and it appears he will be playing for Burroughs.  He picked up his first offer from Texas A&M last week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2021 at 10:48 AM, seanwest said:

Adewale is headed to a prep school in Philadelphia. 

Davis is the best prospect at Vashon in my opinion. Stovall and Nicholson are equally talented in my opinion. Stovall has great upside he's starting to tap into however. He'll be at the Larry Hughes Elite Camp this weekend which is 60 players nationally and very talented (Zaide Lowery and Dez White will also be there). Nicholson has good skill for a wing, played on a deep Mokan 16u team so not a ton of opportunity. Keep an eye out for Dez White, he's about to explode this HS season. 6'2 combo guard with range from the parking lot. He had a big-time Peach Jam for Mokan. He's at Helias in Jefferson City. As for Macaleab Rich, I didn't list him since he's in Illinois but if he was in Missouri then I'd have him ranked around the 3 spot. He's a man-child with bounce, skill-set needs to develop more but he catches eyes.  

I would think we have to be close to making an offer on Lowery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zaide Lowery - SG, 6-5, 175 - Springfield, MO (Kickapoo) - AAU: Missouri Flight - Twitter: @LoweryZaide
Offers: Marquette, Kansas State, Missouri State.

Interest: Saint Louis, Wisconsin, Purdue, Iowa, Northwestern, Oklahoma, Missouri, Oregon State, Boise State, SIU-Carbondale, Illinois State, Belmont, Southeast Missouri, Navy, Liberty, South Carolina State.

Latest News: Lowery played at the Larry Hughes Elite Camp this month. (8/18/21)

Scouting Report: Lowery is a talented wing who scores on three levels. He has a quick release on his shot, which he hits consistently off the catch or the dribble. He handles the ball well and goes to the rim with authority. He runs the floor well and thrives in transition. He's an aggressive but smart defender and pickpockets opposing ball handlers. He has good length for his position and he rebounds and blocks shots. Lowery also plays football and is a star WR for Kickapoo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...