• Hasahn French
    • Demarius Jacobs
    • Fred Thatch Jr.
    • KC Hankton
    • Ingvi Thor Gudmundsson
    • Elliott Welmer
    • Luis Santos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2018 at 01:13 PM

I voted for French. The way I see him playing this year is as an inside defender/rebounder ready to catch as many offensive rebounds as possible and shoot them back up. Of course he will deal with defensive rebounds as well but the path to scoring this way is not straight forward. I hope he has improved his FT shooting as well.

i dont see a lot of good cheer for foreman these days, and all i can say is dont sleep on him.   i dont expect him to start or  to lead the team in scoring, but the job he did the second half of the year was very good and a big part in our finishing as strong as we did.   he's a gamer imo.   

i do think bess will be our high scorer.   too much leadership and character and experience.   this year this is his team imo.   

dlarry likes this

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

I'm going w/a big because of putbacks. Surprise pick is Frenchie at 14 ppg. I also expect his FT % to be much higher. 

-we have a player on our team with the last name of French, first name Hasahn, or HF for short, don't try to be cute 72, it does not become you

10 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-we have a player on our team with the last name of French, first name Hasahn, or HF for short, don't try to be cute 72, it does not become you

i like frenchy a heck of a lot better than hf.  

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I was really just talking about Goodwin's averaging 18-20 points per game.  I think he may do that as a junior and/or senior, but I don't think he'll get there this year.  If he does push 20 ppg in 2018-19, then he won't likely be here beyond his sophomore season.

I do, though, think expectations for 2019-20 should be no less than expectations for this season, because then the core of Goodwin, French, and Gordon will then be two juniors and a sophomore instead of two sophomores and a freshman.  It makes a big difference.

Fair enough and I agree his scoring could be that good his junior year. I took your post, on top of Shoe's comments about that be Final 4 quality as a statement we'd be noticeably better next season. My bad.

for the record, I think we'll be about equal this season and next. I think both will be top 25, but I do think we are losing a lot next year and Ford has some heavy lifting to do on the recruiting trail to keep us even, even with the maturity process of the younger players.

1 hour ago, SLU_Lax said:

I am a big fan of Thatch.  So I do agree with your statement that on not feeling the "we'll be even better in a year" thought process.

Outside of recruiting, I am hopeful that Thatch will effectively replace Bess (that is how high I am on him).  It is early though, so we will see.

We will still have Wiley and Isabell creating real voids.  Foreman is someone I really like, but thankfully we already have good depth on the frontline.

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

I might pick Thatch to lead our freshmen in scoring

Thatch will be better than Bess in a year or two

SLU_Lax likes this

The odds on favorites will be Bess and Goodwin with Isabell also, really the only guy who has scored at a high rate even if it was at Drexel.  I'm taking Gordon though.  No one in the A10 can come close to guarding him.  If we can get him the ball his freshman year will be the most impactful on a team since Hughes.

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

I voted for French. The way I see him playing this year is as an inside defender/rebounder ready to catch as many offensive rebounds as possible and shoot them back up. Of course he will deal with defensive rebounds as well but the path to scoring this way is not straight forward. I hope he has improved his FT shooting as well.

Coach talked specifically about French’s FT on one of the radio interviews last month. Yes they have tweeted his form. Yes he has put a lot of time in at the line. But Ford said “you don’t change a 40% FT shooter into a 70% shooter overnight”. He said he hasn’t lost any sleep on French’s FT as he impacts the game so many other ways. Bottom line be happy if he goes 50%. 

3 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

... Then why did you badpost me

Because telling people they are sleeping on a player that they haven’t seen in person and don’t know how they will fit into the team yet is ridiculous. You also Act like it’s some personal slight that he came in third behind our two best guards last year 

CBFan likes this

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i dont see a lot of good cheer for foreman these days, and all i can say is dont sleep on him.   i dont expect him to start or  to lead the team in scoring, but the job he did the second half of the year was very good and a big part in our finishing as strong as we did.   he's a gamer imo.   

i do think bess will be our high scorer.   too much leadership and character and experience.   this year this is his team imo.   

Completely agree on Foreman. Having a guy like him coming off the bench is crucial because it will make French and Gordon work even harder for their minutes. Sloppy play or weak defense by those guys and Ford will throw Foreman in there. Hell, Santos might even start over Gordon or French if he's as good as people have been saying. Our front court has got to be up there with some of the better ones in the country. These guys will hungry for rebounds. 

5 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach talked specifically about French’s FT on one of the radio interviews last month. Yes they have tweeted his form. Yes he has put a lot of time in at the line. But Ford said “you don’t change a 40% FT shooter into a 70% shooter overnight”. He said he hasn’t lost any sleep on French’s FT as he impacts the game so many other ways. Bottom line be happy if he goes 50%. 

I do not anticipate that FT shooting will be the major source of scores for French. However when Ford talks about the many ways he impacts the game I read defense and rebounding. I fully expect him to be able to convert a good number of his offensive rebounds into points. We will see, I think French will be very hard to stop.

15 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Because telling people they are sleeping on a player that they haven’t seen in person and don’t know how they will fit into the team yet is ridiculous. You also Act like it’s some personal slight that he came in third behind our two best guards last year 

Will you two just go out on a date and do the deed so this 2nd grade pettiness can stop.